2 questions about Majora's Mask from a novice noob.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by outworld222 (2919 posts) -

First question is I heard that you have a 3 day maximum to finish the game. Is that in game time or real life time?? I mean, I don't have 3 days to finish the game right? (Sounds kinda hard)

Second question is....How is this game in terms of difficulty?? To a Zelda fan is this one of the harder games??

Okay and I guess I have a third question, is this game coming to the 3DS at some point or should I not hold my breath??

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#2 Edited by turtlethetaffer (18735 posts) -

It's one of the series most challenging games. But it's also the best one.

When it says you have three days, each hour is a minute, so you have 72 minutes. However, there's a way you can slow time down by almost triple, AND after a certain point you get the song of time which allows you to go back to day one with all prevalent progress intact. So, say you beat a dungeon on day 3 then go back to day one. You will still have "beaten" the dungeon although you can redo it. As in you'll have the item from it, etc. What gets lost when you reset time is you lose ammo (arrows, bombs, etc) and side quests and dungeons reset. Although, again, once you compelte something (mini game, dungeon, side quest) you have the reward from it forever.

In all likliehood the game will be coming to the 3DS. Probably this year or next.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
#3 Posted by ristactionjakso (6118 posts) -

You have 3 days in game time. What happens is some dude makes the moon hit the earth by 3 days. But you can play a song to slow down the time on the moon hitting the earth and a song to go back to the beginning of the game from day 1. (But you keep everything you have collected from your quest)

I personally hated the game back in the day because I had like OCD when I was younger and had to do everything perfectly and hated starting dungeons over if I had to go back to day 1.

I might like it if I played it today tho.

#4 Posted by outworld222 (2919 posts) -

Sure thanks for the info, do you see this game coming to the 3DS?

#5 Edited by turtlethetaffer (18735 posts) -

@outworld222: Nintendo is heavily teasing it. There's a ton of fan response saying they want the game, they've had a few interviews on it, and they put Majora's Mask in Link Between Worlds. At this point, it'd be kind of stupid of them not to. I know I, along with many others, would buy it in a heartbeat.

In short, yes, I see it coming to 3DS, either near the end of this year or sometime during next year. Remember it is available on the Wii/ WiiU virtual console too if you don't think you can wait or don't want to drop 40 bucks on a portable version.

#6 Edited by outworld222 (2919 posts) -

Thanks turtlethetaffer, I believe the 3DS is still my console of choice so the faithful must wait I suppose lol. I'm hopping 2014 and 2015 will cement the 3DS as one of the greatest consoles of all time for me. Still waiting on Metroid, and possibly an FPS game that is really worthy of the console. I'd really be content with whatever happens after then.

#7 Edited by lizbeth28 (25 posts) -

I'm really hoping they'll come out with it on the 3ds but no movement so far : /. the 3ds is powerful nuff I would imagine.

#9 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18735 posts) -

@lizbeth28: Well... They did remake OoT on the 3DS and didn't even utilize the full potential of the graphics. So I can't imagine MM would actually push the boundaries of the handheld.

#10 Edited by tocool340 (21256 posts) -
@turtlethetaffer said:

It's one of the series most challenging games. But it's also the best one.

When it says you have three days, each hour is a minute, so you have 72 minutes. However, there's a way you can slow time down by almost triple, AND after a certain point you get the song of time which allows you to go back to day one with all prevalent progress intact. So, say you beat a dungeon on day 3 then go back to day one. You will still have "beaten" the dungeon although you can redo it. As in you'll have the item from it, etc. What gets lost when you reset time is you lose ammo (arrows, bombs, etc) and side quests and dungeons reset. Although, again, once you compelte something (mini game, dungeon, side quest) you have the reward from it forever.

In all likliehood the game will be coming to the 3DS. Probably this year or next.

To add to the list of things you lose, Rupee's is also one of them, which is why you have to deposit all of your Rupee's in the bank at the west side of town prior to resetting the time. That way, when you return back to day one, all your Rupee's are safe...

#11 Posted by tocool340 (21256 posts) -
@lizbeth28 said:

I'm really hoping they'll come out with it on the 3ds but no movement so far : /. the 3ds is powerful nuff I would imagine.

The 3DS is beyond powerful enough. Hell, it probably could have been done on the original DS with perhaps a bit of sacrifice to the visuals. Just Nintendo wants to keep its fans waiting in suspense as it may come out on Wii U, though I'm hoping for 3DS...

#12 Posted by Shmiity (6101 posts) -

Its a real sad, miserable Zelda. A "black sheep" of sorts. Not in a bad sense- its a very, very good game. But it is very challenging and definitely not a Zelda to start with. The game is "timed" and you have to restart time every 3 "days". Your main progress is saved, but all half-completed sidequests are restarted, and you lose all your ammo.

#13 Edited by trugs26 (7534 posts) -

I don't recommend it for a Zelda noob. It's definitely one of the hardest in the series - definitely the hardest 3D Zelda game. It's kind of weird to navigate the 3-day thing at first, but it soon opens up and you can control it.

It also ranks as my favorite Zelda game. It's awesome. If anything, I'd recommend playing Zelda Ocarina of TIme, then Majora's Mask.

#14 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18735 posts) -

@tocool340: Yes that's right, thanks for adding, I almost forgot.

#15 Posted by voljin1987 (1027 posts) -

It is my fav zelda game of the lot.. plays completely different from the rest of the games in the series.. very refreshing to not fight ganon for a change.