re7863

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 re7863
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm an old man who likes sports who thought it would be good to try some video games, as they could help keep your mind working, etc.

I tried MLB the Show and Madden and I like them. I recently bought NBA 2K14 and it's been a nightmare.

It is so complicated that someone like me is overwhelmed. Is there some information out there or some systematic way someone who doesn't have a back ground in this game can learn it on an easy step by step basis. The tutorials are just too much information for someone like me. I can't learn 20 things. It's hard enough to learn one thing.

I"ve been unable to find an online manual or book, other than the little pamphlet that comes with the game.

I'd appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thank you.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Meta-Gnostic
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

I have the same problem. I have no idea where to start in learning the controls.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Meta-Gnostic
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

Once you have the game full installed, a training mode appears.

tomjay31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 tomjay31
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts

i would love to help out but unfortunately, i'm struggling to find fun in this game myself. i've been playing 2k for many years but this version is no good to me. previous version were much better. for starters, i just want to play basketball. (referring to my career) all these RPG-style, unskippable cutscenes are not needed. this confrontation with Ellis is also not needed. the controls have changed since 2k13 and without some sort of practice arena, i find myself making mistakes constantly because i'm trying to learn on the fly. the only good thing for me about the game right now is that i didn't buy - just played a friend's copy.

camverge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 camverge
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts

I hear you, I can't shoot, can't drive, pass to the wrong person CONSTANTLY, and miss LAYUPS! A shot I've been able to hit since the fifth grade!