soonerfan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soonerfan05
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

If you had your choice of a depth chart on offense like 1 QB, 2 RB, or 1 HB and 1 FB... 2 TE and 2 WR what would that team be and why?? and if you could have one player for any position (Fave Player) who would it be??? Who would be coaching

?QB = Joe Montana or Roger Staubach, it's all about the clutch.... Staubach was the Mcnabb of his time but he was a huge clutch player... Both were great leaders and great in the clutch.... Montana in my mind was one of the most accurate QBs of all time and not to mention the fact that he has won 4 super bowls... GO CAPTAIN COMEBACK (Staubach) AND JOE COOL (Montana)

HB = Barry Sanders ( with an o-line ) I am telling you if Barry Sanders he would have broke 2,000 yards a couple of times and probably would have broken 20,000 yards rushing in his career... If he had the O-line of Emmitt Smith Barry would have been the top RB of all time, well thats arguable with Walter Payton...

FB = Larry Csonka for the Dolphins think about the Fins in the 72 season, he was there..... Csonka was a great blocker and if you want a reciever out of the back field, he's your man, plus he'd run your @s$ over!!! Jim Brown would work too and yes he played FB

WR = Jerry Rice who in my mind is the best WR of all time nuff said... and um James Lofton who has the most yards recieving in a career and was an extremely fast wideout not to mention he was the first player to score a TD in the 70's 80's and 90's so um that would be a great 1-2 punch...

TE = Kellen Winslow Sr. I can't really give too much info so here's his page and also Ozzie Newsome as a TE http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=164 Ozzie Newsome

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=233 Kellen Winslow Sr.

and my fave player would be WALTER PAYTON or SWEETNESS as many liked to call him..... Walter Payton = 'NUFF SAID!!!

My Coach would have to be Tom Landry of the Cowboys because he stuck with his team and won so much... He shouldn't have been fired by Jerry Jones!!!! GO COWBOYS!

rei_gs69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 rei_gs69
Member since 2006 • 588 Posts

its a good team and i think you should have Joe Montana as QB

Avatar image for NBAchampspurs21
NBAchampspurs21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NBAchampspurs21
Member since 2006 • 348 Posts
If i did something like that, that's what my team would look like.
Bladerunner89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Bladerunner89
Member since 2004 • 2331 Posts

Here's my line-up.  Using all current players.

QB-  I would have to go with Mcnabb.  Well Mcnabb is my favorite player in the game and if he has a good target he's deadly.  For a back-up I would put in Steve Mcnair.  Mcnair while maybe not at starting caliber can be a very effective backup

RB-  Easy choice, my starter would be LaDanian Tomlinson just because he's very mobile and he makes big numbers.  For his backup, Reggie Bush I see big things out of him this year or next year.

WR- I would have Steve Smith and Marvin Harrison. They both are easily some of the best in the game.

TE-  I would put in Jason Witten.

K-   Have to go with my guy David Akers on that one. 

My coach would be Bill Belichek(don't know if thats spelled right) because he's proven he can win the big ones.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#5 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

keep joe and maybe zonka might have to go. lorenzo neal baby! who else thinks he was one of the best.

its a good team and i think you should have Joe Montana as QB

rei_gs69
soonerfan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soonerfan05
BTW Michael Irvin would be a good wide reciever on this team also...
DRAGON467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 DRAGON467
Member since 2005 • 17119 Posts
that looks like it would be a good team, montana should be yo QB
squidlips67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 squidlips67
Member since 2004 • 301 Posts
i would rather have vince lombardi as the coach but all the players are right on
Megametalrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Megametalrush
Member since 2005 • 454 Posts

My coach would be Bill Belichek(don't know if thats spelled right) because he's proven he can win the big ones.

Bladerunner89

That would be my pick for a coach too. Btw, its spelled Belichick.

soonerfan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soonerfan05
I am doing retired players and coaches only, oh yeah I didn't think of Lombardi... Lombardi and Landry coached on the New York Giants staff in the 50's. Together obviously