kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 kalabo10688
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair's shooting death was a homicide, police said Sunday, but authorities stopped short of saying it was a murder-suicide committed by the 20-year-old girlfriend found dead by his side.

McNair, 36, was shot four times, twice in the head and twice in the chest, by a semiautomatic pistol, Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said during a news conference.

The woman, Sahel Kazemi, was killed by a single gunshot wound to the head and the pistol was found under her body, Aaron said.

Aaron said the two had been in a "dating relationship for past several months."

About 5 months ago, the very married Steve met a 20 year old waitress at Dave & Buster's Grand Sports Café named Sahel Kazimi. The two hit it off and the two began dating romantically.

During their relationship, which lasted only a few months, MediaTakeOut.com learned that Steve bought her a Black Escalade and rented her a luxury condo - where the two would meet regularly.

But, according to Sahel's ex-boyfriend, Keith Norfleet, Sahel felt that Steve was dragging her along - and began behaving erratically. The boyfriend told a Tenessee newspaper, "[Steve] was making her believe they were going to be together and everything would be perfect." According to him, she was last spotted banging on Norfleet's door in the middle of the night - looking to talk. He wasn't home to ... and the next day - Steve McNair was found dead.

And here's the last piece of evidence. Police found both Sahel and Steve's bodies at a Nashville condominimum that Steve had been renting for Sahel to live in.

Steve's body had a multiple gunshot wounds - including one to the head. And Sahel - well she had a single gunshot wound to the head. And a recently fired pistol was found laying beside her hand.

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts
Wow. :(
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
What the hell? So many huge public figures dying lately. This man had an amazing career. RIP. :(
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts
dam
themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 themyrmidon
Member since 2007 • 5567 Posts

Ya'll beat me to it.  He was one of my favorite players, he didn't deserve to die like that.  He wasn't a Vick, Burress, Stalworth, or the like.  He was a true stand-up player who was a great player and person.

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
Quite shocking to hear, hope they find who did this.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
I hated the way he was able to beat the Jags year after year. He has my respect, and its tragic to die that way.
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

Why would anyone want to kill "Air" McNair?

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts
im still tripping out at the fact that he got shot in downtown TENNESSEE!!!!! thats like Joe Montana getting shot in downtown San Francisco, or Dan Marino getting shot in downtown Miami.
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#10 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

Great Player, too bad for him that he had to die like that.

R.I.P

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts
What a damn shame to a guy who just was great at playing football, and never bothered anyone. :(
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Crazy.... R.I.P.
kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kalabo10688
im still tripping out at the fact that he got shot in downtown TENNESSEE!!!!! thats like Joe Montana getting shot in downtown San Francisco, or Dan Marino getting shot in downtown Miami.Ryder004
Yea I couldn't understand that myself but the scope is he was having an affair and it ended with murder and the women he was with kill her self afterwards
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Damn thugs. He was one of my fav QB's of all time, he was great. A great mentor for VY too.
HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts

Damn thugs. He was one of my fav QB's of all time, he was great. A great mentor for VY too. Espurs117

I agree.  I was shocked when I saw it on SC and he seemed like a really stand up guy who loved wherever he played.  He will be sorely missed.  I bet the Titans will wear his number as a patch next year.

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

F***ing wastes. Can't stand to hear stories like this, pisses me off and saddens me at the same time. Fry the mother  f***er who did it.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]Damn thugs. He was one of my fav QB's of all time, he was great. A great mentor for VY too. HumanTorch101

I agree. I was shocked when I saw it on SC and he seemed like a really stand up guy who loved wherever he played. He will be sorely missed. I bet the Titans will wear his number as a patch next year.

As they should, but damn hearing this sucks.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
I found out while watching Transformer 2....crazy stuff. Always seemed like a good guy.
haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 haloraider
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
Turrible, just turrible. RIP Steve McNair. Only 36, damn.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
Still shocked, haven't really had the chance to process yet.
ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ARealChiefsFan
Member since 2005 • 1249 Posts
One of his final years in Tennessee, i think it might have been a playoff game, he played with a hole in his calf muscle. He was the definition of tough, and a great man, i personally will miss him
kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kalabo10688
Murder Suicide it looking like right now,man I know everyone has their skeletons in the closet,but my god I can't even imagine what his wife is feeling at this moment
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#23 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

Murder Suicide it looking like right now,man I know everyone has their skeletons in the closet,but my god I can't even imagine what his wife is feeling at this momentkalabo10688

I so much agree that would suck to be his wife right now and knowing that someone is looking for you for killing someone that didn't even deserve it.

chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 chAzN93
Member since 2004 • 34854 Posts

such terrible news...my friend texted me when i was in the city yesterday...absolutely shocking...

i think he should be in the hall of fame...he was the face of the franchise for a while...and deserves it 

kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kalabo10688
I still can't believe the cicumstances they found him and her in
Dreadedsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Dreadedsniper
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts
its really strange how so many famous people are dying lately.
favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

Its sad to see this.  Its looking like its rather going to be murder suicide (GF), or homicide (GF's ex. BF).  Its too bad Mike Jones couldn't have slipped in the SB and missed that tackle, or that McNair was hurt going into the playoffs in his last full season in BAL. 

The man remains one of the best QB's to play the game. Though its not a guarantee, I would think that he will eventually have a chance to make the hall of fame.  He is certainly as accomplished as the likes of Warren Moon and Jim Kelly. 

ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ARealChiefsFan

Its sad to see this.  Its looking like its rather going to be murder suicide (GF), or homicide (GF's ex. BF).  Its too bad Mike Jones couldn't have slipped in the SB and missed that tackle, or that McNair was hurt going into the playoffs in his last full season in BAL. 

The man remains one of the best QB's to play the game. Though its not a guarantee, I would think that he will eventually have a chance to make the hall of fame.  He is certainly as accomplished as the likes of Warren Moon and Jim Kelly. 

favre4thewin

good points about Moon and Kelly, but McNair will be overshadowed because he played at the same time as Peyton, Brett, Marino, etc. I think he should be in, but don't think it will happen 

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 favre4thewin
[QUOTE="favre4thewin"]

ARealChiefsFan

good points about Moon and Kelly, but McNair will be overshadowed because he played at the same time as Peyton, Brett, Marino, etc. I think he should be in, but don't think it will happen 

Of the current QB's playing at least Peyton, Brady, Favre, and Warner, will go in before McNair.  Then you have guys like Rothlisburger, McNabb, and Eli who are on the cusp of HoF careers.  They would push McNair back a little more, but I still thinkhe will eventually make it, it is just going to take close to 2 decades, maybe even a little more.

What always blew my mind was that Art Monk did not get in until his 8th attempt.  At one point Monk held just about every REC record their is.   

DLateral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DLateral
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts
Always horrible to hear things like this, just can't really understand what sourt of things can upset people enough to take it this far.
JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

What always blew my mind was that Art Monk did not get in until his 8th attempt. At one point Monk held just about every REC record their is.

favre4thewin

Meh. My mind was blown that Monk got in b4 his 10th attempt! His career records were a result of his longevity, not beastliness. Monk's monster season (106 recs, 1372 yds, 7TDs, 12.9ypc) was very Marques Colston-esque. Gary Clark>Monk.

Anyway, back on topic, tragic end to McNair's life. :(

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
[QUOTE="favre4thewin"]

What always blew my mind was that Art Monk did not get in until his 8th attempt. At one point Monk held just about every REC record their is.

JackBurton

Meh. My mind was blown that Monk got in b4 his 10th attempt! His career records were a result of his longevity, not beastliness. Monk's monster season (106 recs, 1372 yds, 7TDs, 12.9ypc) was very Marques Colston-esque. Gary Clark>Monk.

Anyway, back on topic, tragic end to McNair's life. :(

Haha, always nice to see you bash Monk. That is one of the few bashings you do that never gets old. 

ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ARealChiefsFan

I heard that McNair was asleep when he was shot, which makes me think that Kazemi shot him and then shot herself. Last I heard she was his gf, and if so i think he was gonna break it off and go back to his wife, she got peeved off and bang.

Steve McNair 13 seasons, three pro bowls, 0-1 in Super Bowls, 1 MVP 31304 career yards, 174 career passin TD's  in 13 NFL seasons

Kurt Warner  4 pro bowls, 1-2 in super bowls 2 MVP's, 28591 career yards, 182 career passing TD's in 11 NFL seasons

some people think Kurt Warner shouldn't get in, and if he shouldn't McNair shouldn't even be considered, that's all i'm saying 

kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kalabo10688

I heard that McNair was asleep when he was shot, which makes me think that Kazemi shot him and then shot herself. Last I heard she was his gf, and if so i think he was gonna break it off and go back to his wife, she got peeved off and bang.

Steve McNair 13 seasons, three pro bowls, 0-1 in Super Bowls, 1 MVP 31304 career yards, 174 career passin TD's  in 13 NFL seasons

Kurt Warner  4 pro bowls, 1-2 in super bowls 2 MVP's, 28591 career yards, 182 career passing TD's in 11 NFL seasons

some people think Kurt Warner shouldn't get in, and if he shouldn't McNair shouldn't even be considered, that's all i'm saying 

ARealChiefsFan

Warners getting in don't let espn and other talk because those aren't the guys making the vote

It make take closed 30 years but Mcnair will also get in

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 favre4thewin
[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]

kalabo10688

Women are crazy dude, especially when it comes to relationships. 

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"] 

kalabo10688

Warners getting in don't let espn and other talk because those aren't the guys making the vote

It make take closed 30 years but Mcnair will also get in

I think they both will get into the HoF eventually.  Warner will be in there first, and McNair will take some time.  The thing to remember is Warner is still playing, and playing with the best WR in the league; if he stays healthy he is going to throw 30TDs this year. 

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts

You are right about that chiefsfan, she did lose it but I thought it was because she thought McNair was cheating with her with another women.

Then when he went to sleep, she shot him 3 or 4 times and then took her own life.

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 themyrmidon
Member since 2007 • 5567 Posts
Warner's played with better teams than McNair has. His Arizona has wildly inflated his stats. Neither belong in the hall, but I'd take McNair first.