wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

This link has a lot of useful information in it, about the topics they will be discussing.

There are a few things I'm intrigued by, such as:

-a five-to-seven-day period before the start of free agency during which agents could contact teams about prospective free agents. No signings or contact with players would be allowed, but it would avoid what most league officials concede is widespread illegal negotiation before free agency starts

I like it, I think it explains itself.

-Changing the rule on seeding in the playoffs, in part to try to avoid teams sitting regulars at the end of the season if it has already clinched its seeding. Division winners would qualify automatically, and the two winners with the best record would get first-round byes. But a wild-card team could play at home in the first round if it has a better record than the division winner it will play

I don't really like this one though. I think winning your division ought to get you something: one home playoff game.

-Banning players from having hair below the name tag on their backs

I'm sort of torn on this one. On the one hand, hair is one of the few ways a player can express individuality while in uniform. On the other hand, extremely long hair makes a lot of the players look like bums.

spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts
I'm in favor of the long-hair ban. I'm not saying that all players with long hair should go and get a buzz-job, but at least tuck it in under the helmet or jersey.
Apocalypse30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Apocalypse30
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts

I like the first rule proposed it will give every team a fair shot at some free agents.

I don't like the second proposal I think if your good enough to win your division you should be rewarded.They should not be penalized for having a strong division or weak division.

The third proposal is rediculous no long hair.Whats next no visors so we can see a players eyes ?

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wallymartin

I like the first rule proposed it will give every team a fair shot at some free agents.

I don't like the second proposal I think if your good enough to win your division you should be rewarded.They should not be penalized for having a strong division or weak division.

The third proposal is rediculous no long hair.Whats next no visors so we can see a players eyes ?

Apocalypse30

You should read the article if you haven't. Those are just the ones I felt like commenting on, there are several more.

kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kalabo10688
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts
[QUOTE="Apocalypse30"]

wallymartin

You should read the article if you haven't. Those are just the ones I felt like commenting on, there are several more.

but rest are non important..."college style coin flip"...who cares

but good stuff wally

haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 haloraider
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
Long hair is a saftey hazard, but hey, this is football.
Avatar image for WhiteSamurai209
WhiteSamurai209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 WhiteSamurai209
Member since 2004 • 1348 Posts

I have taken it upon myself to write on all the issues in the article. The issue is on the left and my response to the right.

game integrity/spygate-I'm sick of spygate so I will simply say no comment.

radio on D-I like the idea of a D player with a radio in his helmet.

free agency-The pre free agency discussion period is a great idea good for both the players and the teams.

PLAYOFFS!?!!?? YOUR TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS??!!?!-Changing the playoff seeding is good the teams in two contender divisions but could end up being bad for divisions with 4 teams that can make the playoffs, I'm completly undecided on this one.

coin toss-Can't they choose to kick in the first place? The coin toss one is stupid.

forceout-Ending the forceout is a good idea, because I haven't seen it called when I thought it should have been called and when it is called sometimes it shouldnt have been.

long hair-Banning long hair is just stupid and bit NAZIy or YANKEEy.

facemask-I disagree with removing the "incdental facemask," you see it happen all the time when a defenders hand slips and then hits the facemask or grabs it for a second and then lets go. If they get rid of the rule then I hope they use illegal hands to the face to somewhat replace it.

Browns Rule or Phil Dawsons Crossbar Bouncing Super Fun Time Rule-The replay on field goals should have been one when replay first came out; there shouldnt even be a discussion on this. Missing a field goal call should never happen.

KFrandsen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KFrandsen2
Member since 2006 • 11377 Posts
i think that the hairstyle is a players choice so i dont like the rule, but i mean it does protect the players from getting their hair ripped out during a game
Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts
I think the players understood the risk when they decided to grow it out in the first place, though. The up-bringing of this issue should help remind people who didn't understand the risk.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
The league shouldn't care about the players hair length. They the players know the risks and should be allowed to make the personal choice to have their hair that way. I can't imagine not seeing Rashean Mathis with his hair out.
kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kalabo10688

PLAYOFFS!?!!?? YOUR TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS??!!?!-Changing the playoff seeding is good the teams in two contender divisions but could end up being bad for divisions with 4 teams that can make the playoffs, I'm completly undecided on this one.

WhiteSamurai209
awww man can dream....... eagles vs g-men..dallas vs redskins division round...wouldnt be beautiful
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wallymartin
[QUOTE="WhiteSamurai209"]

kalabo10688

awww man can dream....... eagles vs g-men..dallas vs redskins division round...wouldnt be beautiful

That still couldn't happen.

KFrandsen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KFrandsen2
Member since 2006 • 11377 Posts
[QUOTE="WhiteSamurai209"]

kalabo10688

hahaha just like that old colts coach when he went nuts playoffs.... playoffs

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts
^ Jim Mora. HC of Colts, Saints and USFL's Philly/Balt Stars (appeared in all 3 USFL title games, winning two)
kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kalabo10688
[QUOTE="kalabo10688"][QUOTE="WhiteSamurai209"]

wallymartin

That still couldn't happen.

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts
I am fine with free agent one, torn on the playoff one and oppose the hair one because that is how I identify some players, like Polamalu and Al Harris. The playoff one is the tough one because I think if a team is better than the other team they play, they deserve the home game, no matter if they are a division leader or not. On the other hand, being a division leader should mean something, no matter if they are in a good or bad division.
Jrodsly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 Jrodsly
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

1st rule: Decent.

2nd rule: Decent.

3rd rule: dont like it.

short enough for ya, Bobbles?

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

The hair issue is postponed until May. One defensive player will be allowed to wear a headset.

Link

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

1st rule: Decent.

2nd rule: Decent.

3rd rule: dont like it.

short enough for ya, Bobbles?

Jrodsly
Yes, no long paragraphs full of lame jokes. There is hope yet.