VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VanHalun040604
Member since 2004 • 6399 Posts
Turnovers and bad penalties gave KC the win...but who woulda thunk that the Raiders D would play the Chiefs (out of all teams) that close? They looked good in the 4-3 against the Pats and tonight against the Chiefs. Conversely, the Chiefs offense played very well in controlling the clock. All I can say for the Chiefs is....START LARRY JOHNSON OVER PRIEST! He did well...maybe it's not accurate with the carries he got, but he had a phenomenal performance. Carr's muffed punt and the HUGE penalty on Jordan's run and the BS Randy Moss O. Interference basically sealed the win for the Chiefs. Great game either way. The Raiders are still rebuilding IMO, so I didn't really expect too much from them. But I like the progress they're making...they'll be good next year. As for the Chiefs, I think this is the year for them to make it to the big game. If not, they won't have a chance for a while...Trent Green, Dick Vermeil, and the Offensive Line are all starting to age...and even though I'm a Raiders fan, I hope that if any team makes it, they do. I don't like any of the other contenders...
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VanHalun040604
At least you Chiefs fans have football to take your minds off of that abysmal and pathetic excuse for a baseball team...
_Kramer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _Kramer_
Member since 2005 • 3982 Posts

Turnovers and bad penalties gave KC the win...but who woulda thunk that the Raiders D would play the Chiefs (out of all teams) that close? They looked good in the 4-3 against the Pats and tonight against the Chiefs. Conversely, the Chiefs offense played very well in controlling the clock. All I can say for the Chiefs is....START LARRY JOHNSON OVER PRIEST! He did well...maybe it's not accurate with the carries he got, but he had a phenomenal performance. Carr's muffed punt and the HUGE penalty on Jordan's run and the BS Randy Moss O. Interference basically sealed the win for the Chiefs. Great game either way. The Raiders are still rebuilding IMO, so I didn't really expect too much from them. But I like the progress they're making...they'll be good next year. As for the Chiefs, I think this is the year for them to make it to the big game. If not, they won't have a chance for a while...Trent Green, Dick Vermeil, and the Offensive Line are all starting to age...and even though I'm a Raiders fan, I hope that if any team makes it, they do. I don't like any of the other contenders...VanHalun040604

Agreed, that was a horrible call. Unlike last game, our O line actually gave Collins time. Too bad he couldn't get it to Moss when he WAS open...

BTW, I think Curry might've been seriously hurt on that one play. It looks he re-injured his achilles when he was making his cut. Let's just hope it's nothing serious...

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VanHalun040604

[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"]Turnovers and bad penalties gave KC the win...but who woulda thunk that the Raiders D would play the Chiefs (out of all teams) that close? They looked good in the 4-3 against the Pats and tonight against the Chiefs. Conversely, the Chiefs offense played very well in controlling the clock. All I can say for the Chiefs is....START LARRY JOHNSON OVER PRIEST! He did well...maybe it's not accurate with the carries he got, but he had a phenomenal performance. Carr's muffed punt and the HUGE penalty on Jordan's run and the BS Randy Moss O. Interference basically sealed the win for the Chiefs. Great game either way. The Raiders are still rebuilding IMO, so I didn't really expect too much from them. But I like the progress they're making...they'll be good next year. As for the Chiefs, I think this is the year for them to make it to the big game. If not, they won't have a chance for a while...Trent Green, Dick Vermeil, and the Offensive Line are all starting to age...and even though I'm a Raiders fan, I hope that if any team makes it, they do. I don't like any of the other contenders..._Kramer_

Agreed, that was a horrible call. Unlike last game, our O line actually gave Collins time. Too bad he couldn't get it to Moss when he WAS open...

BTW, I think Curry might've been seriously hurt on that one play. It looks he re-injured his achilles when he was making his cut. Let's just hope it's nothing serious...

I actually thought it looked like he might have broken his ankle...his left foot looking really bad....:(

Kratos33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Kratos33
Member since 2004 • 1652 Posts
[QUOTE="_Kramer_"]

[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"]Turnovers and bad penalties gave KC the win...but who woulda thunk that the Raiders D would play the Chiefs (out of all teams) that close? They looked good in the 4-3 against the Pats and tonight against the Chiefs. Conversely, the Chiefs offense played very well in controlling the clock. All I can say for the Chiefs is....START LARRY JOHNSON OVER PRIEST! He did well...maybe it's not accurate with the carries he got, but he had a phenomenal performance. Carr's muffed punt and the HUGE penalty on Jordan's run and the BS Randy Moss O. Interference basically sealed the win for the Chiefs. Great game either way. The Raiders are still rebuilding IMO, so I didn't really expect too much from them. But I like the progress they're making...they'll be good next year. As for the Chiefs, I think this is the year for them to make it to the big game. If not, they won't have a chance for a while...Trent Green, Dick Vermeil, and the Offensive Line are all starting to age...and even though I'm a Raiders fan, I hope that if any team makes it, they do. I don't like any of the other contenders...VanHalun040604

I actually thought it looked like he might have broken his ankle...his left foot looking really bad....:(

don't worry guys, it didn't look that serious, he'll only be out for about four to five weeks, seven at the most.

FishPicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 FishPicker
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts
Turnovers and bad penalties gave KC the win...but who woulda thunk that the Raiders D would play the Chiefs (out of all teams) that close? They looked good in the 4-3 against the Pats and tonight against the Chiefs. Conversely, the Chiefs offense played very well in controlling the clock. All I can say for the Chiefs is....START LARRY JOHNSON OVER PRIEST! He did well...maybe it's not accurate with the carries he got, but he had a phenomenal performance. Carr's muffed punt and the HUGE penalty on Jordan's run and the BS Randy Moss O. Interference basically sealed the win for the Chiefs. Great game either way. The Raiders are still rebuilding IMO, so I didn't really expect too much from them. But I like the progress they're making...they'll be good next year. As for the Chiefs, I think this is the year for them to make it to the big game. If not, they won't have a chance for a while...Trent Green, Dick Vermeil, and the Offensive Line are all starting to age...and even though I'm a Raiders fan, I hope that if any team makes it, they do. I don't like any of the other contenders...VanHalun040604

the raiders D looked pretty good last night. I didnt expect that they could limit the run the way they did.

about the flag on Moss... it was the right call but it was on the wrong play. the penalty that took away the TD was wrong. however, later on when Moss DID score a TD he pushed off the safety that was in front of him.
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VanHalun040604

[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"]Turnovers and bad penalties gave KC the win...but who woulda thunk that the Raiders D would play the Chiefs (out of all teams) that close? They looked good in the 4-3 against the Pats and tonight against the Chiefs. Conversely, the Chiefs offense played very well in controlling the clock. All I can say for the Chiefs is....START LARRY JOHNSON OVER PRIEST! He did well...maybe it's not accurate with the carries he got, but he had a phenomenal performance. Carr's muffed punt and the HUGE penalty on Jordan's run and the BS Randy Moss O. Interference basically sealed the win for the Chiefs. Great game either way. The Raiders are still rebuilding IMO, so I didn't really expect too much from them. But I like the progress they're making...they'll be good next year. As for the Chiefs, I think this is the year for them to make it to the big game. If not, they won't have a chance for a while...Trent Green, Dick Vermeil, and the Offensive Line are all starting to age...and even though I'm a Raiders fan, I hope that if any team makes it, they do. I don't like any of the other contenders...FishPicker

the raiders D looked pretty good last night. I didnt expect that they could limit the run the way they did.

about the flag on Moss... it was the right call but it was on the wrong play. the penalty that took away the TD was wrong. however, later on when Moss DID score a TD he pushed off the safety that was in front of him.

He was just finding the defender...a push off is a push off because you push. If putting your hands on the DB, then almost every reciever in the NFL is guilty almost every play.

NYJCMart28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 NYJCMart28
Member since 2005 • 3239 Posts
Surprising, AREALCHIEFSFAN hasn't gloated yet.
_Kramer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Kramer_
[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"][QUOTE="_Kramer_"]

[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"]Turnovers and bad penalties gave KC the win...but who woulda thunk that the Raiders D would play the Chiefs (out of all teams) that close? They looked good in the 4-3 against the Pats and tonight against the Chiefs. Conversely, the Chiefs offense played very well in controlling the clock. All I can say for the Chiefs is....START LARRY JOHNSON OVER PRIEST! He did well...maybe it's not accurate with the carries he got, but he had a phenomenal performance. Carr's muffed punt and the HUGE penalty on Jordan's run and the BS Randy Moss O. Interference basically sealed the win for the Chiefs. Great game either way. The Raiders are still rebuilding IMO, so I didn't really expect too much from them. But I like the progress they're making...they'll be good next year. As for the Chiefs, I think this is the year for them to make it to the big game. If not, they won't have a chance for a while...Trent Green, Dick Vermeil, and the Offensive Line are all starting to age...and even though I'm a Raiders fan, I hope that if any team makes it, they do. I don't like any of the other contenders...Kratos33

don't worry guys, it didn't look that serious, he'll only be out for about four to five weeks, seven at the most.

Bad news. Curry re-tore his achilles heel...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2166378

Tough for the Raiders, but it must be really hard on Curry. This was supposed his rebound season. Now that he pulled a Charles Rogers, he might not be the same next year :(

FishPicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 FishPicker
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

[QUOTE="FishPicker"][QUOTE="VanHalun040604"]Turnovers and bad penalties gave KC the win...but who woulda thunk that the Raiders D would play the Chiefs (out of all teams) that close? They looked good in the 4-3 against the Pats and tonight against the Chiefs. Conversely, the Chiefs offense played very well in controlling the clock. All I can say for the Chiefs is....START LARRY JOHNSON OVER PRIEST! He did well...maybe it's not accurate with the carries he got, but he had a phenomenal performance. Carr's muffed punt and the HUGE penalty on Jordan's run and the BS Randy Moss O. Interference basically sealed the win for the Chiefs. Great game either way. The Raiders are still rebuilding IMO, so I didn't really expect too much from them. But I like the progress they're making...they'll be good next year. As for the Chiefs, I think this is the year for them to make it to the big game. If not, they won't have a chance for a while...Trent Green, Dick Vermeil, and the Offensive Line are all starting to age...and even though I'm a Raiders fan, I hope that if any team makes it, they do. I don't like any of the other contenders...VanHalun040604

He was just finding the defender...a push off is a push off because you push. If putting your hands on the DB, then almost every reciever in the NFL is guilty almost every play.

I agree. thats what happened on the first play that got flagged. the second play that didnt get a flag was a foul. Sammy Knight had the position to make a play but got pushed while playing the ball. Moss wasnt playing the ball. he was running with eyes forward, pushed off , then turned for the ball.
Frogman929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Frogman929
Member since 2005 • 2424 Posts
Randy Moss stil got 127 yards and 5 catches in a losing team. Do bad about curry though, what quarter did he get injured in, cause he still got 2 catches?
_Kramer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _Kramer_

Randy Moss stil got 127 yards and 5 catches in a losing team. Do bad about curry though, what quarter did he get injured in, cause he still got 2 catches?Frogman929

He got injured during the last two minutes on their final drive.

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VanHalun040604
[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"]

[QUOTE="FishPicker"][QUOTE="VanHalun040604"]Turnovers and bad penalties gave KC the win...but who woulda thunk that the Raiders D would play the Chiefs (out of all teams) that close? They looked good in the 4-3 against the Pats and tonight against the Chiefs. Conversely, the Chiefs offense played very well in controlling the clock. All I can say for the Chiefs is....START LARRY JOHNSON OVER PRIEST! He did well...maybe it's not accurate with the carries he got, but he had a phenomenal performance. Carr's muffed punt and the HUGE penalty on Jordan's run and the BS Randy Moss O. Interference basically sealed the win for the Chiefs. Great game either way. The Raiders are still rebuilding IMO, so I didn't really expect too much from them. But I like the progress they're making...they'll be good next year. As for the Chiefs, I think this is the year for them to make it to the big game. If not, they won't have a chance for a while...Trent Green, Dick Vermeil, and the Offensive Line are all starting to age...and even though I'm a Raiders fan, I hope that if any team makes it, they do. I don't like any of the other contenders...FishPicker

I agree. thats what happened on the first play that got flagged. the second play that didnt get a flag was a foul. Sammy Knight had the position to make a play but got pushed while playing the ball. Moss wasnt playing the ball. he was running with eyes forward, pushed off , then turned for the ball.

When you push off, the DB and the WR go in separate directions. Randy was finding the DB on the second play, stopped, then jumped up. I listened to a league official break down all the penalities on the NFL Network and they reviewed every possible one and every one they miscalled. The one in the endzone wasn't a penalty, the second one wasn't either. Like I said, it's a push (not a touch) that gets you a penalty. Sammy was nowhere near making a play. He overran the ball (not really, but with Randy, he forgot that he could jump I guess, which is understandable). The push has to be more flagrant and obvious for it to be a penalty, not a player just jockeying for position. Also, the occurence of a WR getting called for interference is altogether low anyway. The LaMont Jordan hold by Walker was definitely a penalty (even though he didn't have to do it). That was the one that probably cost them the game--along with the turnover obviously. Either way, the cards fell as they did and the Chiefs won.

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VanHalun040604

[QUOTE="Frogman929"]Randy Moss stil got 127 yards and 5 catches in a losing team. Do bad about curry though, what quarter did he get injured in, cause he still got 2 catches?_Kramer_

He got injured during the last two minutes on their final drive.

Yeah and now he's gone for the season...:( Oh well...a chance for Morant and Gabriel and Francis and Whitted to show their stuff....

ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ARealChiefsFan
Member since 2005 • 1249 Posts

At least you Chiefs fans have football to take your minds off of that abysmal and pathetic excuse for a baseball team...VanHalun040604

don't look at me i despise baseball, and you knew this was coming VanHalun, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good game though