VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VanHalun040604
Member since 2004 • 6399 Posts

Their Offense--with WRs Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, Ron Curry, and Doug Gabriel along with RB LaMont Jordan--are poised to have a phenomenal year. But their Defense--with an overall poor/unexperienced group of linebackers and defensive backs--will be facing indefinite struggles. Under Rob Ryan, they're running a 3-4 Defense, but have the personnel--with DL Warren Sapp, Ted Washington, Derrick Burgess, Tyler Brayton--that would be better suited for a 4-3 scheme.

With poor DBs (save for C. Woodson), why haven't they pursued free agent S Lance Shulters?

What do you think their record will end up as?

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VanHalun040604
Wow...this board moves slow.
ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ARealChiefsFan
Member since 2005 • 1249 Posts
i'm gonna say 5-11, they improved the offense, who cares, you can't do anything without a defense, look at the chiefs last year
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VanHalun040604

i'm gonna say 5-11, they improved the offense, who cares, you can't do anything without a defense, look at the chiefs last yearARealChiefsFan

Your kidding me right? Look at the Chiefs TWO years ago...they nearly went undefeated! I don't agree with the old addage, "Defense Wins Championships." If you have an amazing offense and a decent defense, you'll own. If you have an amazing defense and a decent offense, you'll own. There are of course key figures on both sides that need to be there in order for that to happen.

The Chiefs won't do well this year...Trent Green is beginning to show his age, much like Rich Gannon did in the Super Bowl rout against the Bucs. KC's line is aging and Priest Holmes is too. They need to follow suit like the Chargers and Raiders and add in some youth if they want to be a potential playoff contender.

Anything can happen....the AFC West is wild every year. For a long time, the Raiders dominated the division and they're on their way back with a revamped new team. They won't go all the way with that secondary and linebacking corps, but they'll definitely ruin some teams chances at coming out the victor in the AFC West.

ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ARealChiefsFan

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]i'm gonna say 5-11, they improved the offense, who cares, you can't do anything without a defense, look at the chiefs last yearVanHalun040604

Your kidding me right? Look at the Chiefs TWO years ago...they nearly went undefeated! I don't agree with the old addage, "Defense Wins Championships." If you have an amazing offense and a decent defense, you'll own. If you have an amazing defense and a decent offense, you'll own. There are of course key figures on both sides that need to be there in order for that to happen.

The Chiefs won't do well this year...Trent Green is beginning to show his age, much like Rich Gannon did in the Super Bowl rout against the Bucs. KC's line is aging and Priest Holmes is too. They need to follow suit like the Chargers and Raiders and add in some youth if they want to be a potential playoff contender.

Anything can happen....the AFC West is wild every year. For a long time, the Raiders dominated the division and they're on their way back with a revamped new team. They won't go all the way with that secondary and linebacking corps, but they'll definitely ruin some teams chances at coming out the victor in the AFC West.

WTF??? how is trent showing his age, he had 4,500 yards last year and priest is getting up there but he can still produce when not injured, that's his only problem
Alex820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Alex820
Member since 2004 • 2242 Posts

i'm gonna say 5-11, they improved the offense, who cares, you can't do anything without a defense, look at the chiefs last yearARealChiefsFan

Same here, you need a defense more than an offense

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VanHalun040604

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]i'm gonna say 5-11, they improved the offense, who cares, you can't do anything without a defense, look at the chiefs last yearAlex820

Same here, you need a defense more than an offense

There's arguments both for and against your statement...maybe it's because I'm a Raiders fan or maybe it isn't, but that Super Bowl against Oakland and Tampa Bay is a perfect example of defending or refuting that statement. The Raiders were #1 in Offense that year and #16 in Defense while the Bucs were #1 in Defense and #18 in Offense...it was really the ultimate showdown. But with Oakland at a combined 1,000 years old (not really) and their Defense all battered up, it was impossible to have an accurate representation of which addage would end up proving true. That and the fact that Jon Gruden had taught and impressed upon Rich Gannon everything he used to dominate the QB position didn't help the Raiders bid either.

The teams of the early NFL era were basically Offense first, Defense second...and they dominated the game. The main thing is, you're Offense/Defense can't be as dominant as your Offense/Defense is deplorable. There has to be dominant side with a happy medium on the other side.

The KC Chiefs are a perfect example of this...they've had a #1 Offense two years in a row but had a Defense that ranked nearly dead last both years with essentially no playmakers to speak of on that side of the ball. This season they will have a vastly improved Defense and this (I think) will be the definitive year that they put up or shut up...they can't be accepting anything less than a Super Bowl victory and if they don't make it, it will be a huge failure since they're offense is aging. Even though they're still producing they could have a downfall similar to the Raiders, where performing above expections through midseason, but then collapesed by the SB.

My bottomline is: Defense is not the only thing you need to have a dominant team.

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VanHalun040604

By the way, I like this union, but why is it a regurgitation of basic news that any fan would know about? I think it should be more about personal opinion rather than reporting obvious news that any good NFL fan would know about.

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VanHalun040604
Anyway, I think they'll end up with 9-7 record, behind the KC Chiefs...
ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ARealChiefsFan

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]i'm gonna say 5-11, they improved the offense, who cares, you can't do anything without a defense, look at the chiefs last yearVanHalun040604

Your kidding me right? Look at the Chiefs TWO years ago...they nearly went undefeated!

i know this is an old post but, we also ranked first in turnovers that year, wesley, woods, and warfield just had off years last year

NYJCMart28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 NYJCMart28
Member since 2005 • 3239 Posts
I think the Oakland Raiders will finish 4-12.
ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ARealChiefsFan

I think the Oakland Raiders will finish 4-12.NYJCMart28

wow, i'm a chiefs fan an i said they would finish better than that

Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Herrdoktor
Member since 2002 • 17253 Posts

And that is why you fail.

Weren't you just telling someone in another thread they don't know anything about football?

When was the last time you saw a powerhouse offensive team win a Superbowl?

This team will be just Minnesota and the Chiefs. Fun to watch, but will never make it to the big game.

Teams like the Patriots and the Eagles (even if TO wasn't playing) will walk all over them.

You need a great defense. Period.

Everything else is just extra.

Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Herrdoktor
Member since 2002 • 17253 Posts

I think the Oakland Raiders will finish 4-12.NYJCMart28

4-12 is awful!