gfxarts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gfxarts
Member since 2006 • 1130 Posts

This articleon NFL.com outlines Polamalu's new deal.

"Troy Polamalu signed a four-year contract extension worth $30.19 million that makes him the highest-paid player in team history and one of the NFL's top-paid defensive backs."

I've never heard of a safety being the highest paid player on a team. Sounds like Pit is finally loosening up it's tight pocket book. I was trying to think of another player on the team that deserves more. There are other guys that touch the ball more like Ward, Rothlesburger, and Parker.. but I guess Polamalu may actually be the best player on the Steelers.

AvengeMeCortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 AvengeMeCortex
Member since 2005 • 593 Posts
polamalu is the best steeler imo right now. He is the top player on that defense and he is everywhere on the field when he's on. when rothlesberger's old contract is up though he will surpass polamalu's contract
newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 newbpwnage
Member since 2007 • 2409 Posts

absolutely the best; no way big ben deserves half of what polamalu gets.

Anyone see him Hair Tackled last year? I miss seeing his beastly hair hanging down.

AvengeMeCortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 AvengeMeCortex
Member since 2005 • 593 Posts

i dont think that rothlesberger is gonna be the best steeler i think it will be willie parker but rothlesberger will get a big contract because he is a qb

newbpwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 newbpwnage
Member since 2007 • 2409 Posts
yea lock parker up in a big contract...... hes prolly the number 1 or 2 guy i guess. .. . . but polamalu is definately better than big ben by a lot..... and willie and him are prolly on similair levels
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#6 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

Polamalu may be the highest paid, and yeah he is the best player on the Steelers, but that goes beside the point that he's the highest piad, he may be, but the only reson why is just because he can play SS well, and is a very vauleable player.

Hines Ward is just as good, and the same goes for Big Ben and Parker, but they can get up to the same status as Polamalu, no shot at all.

Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
Most likely he is the best, but one guy doesnt make a team good. They need to step up this year.
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wwe4ever_in05

Most likely he is the best, but one guy doesnt make a team good. They need to step up this year.sfgiantsfan8291

The Steelers do have to step up but I don't think it's going to be them this year maybe next year, but once the Steelers get used to thier newCoach, then the Steelers will be good.........again.

phoenix14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 phoenix14
Member since 2005 • 7406 Posts

polamalu is the best steeler imo right now. He is the top player on that defense and he is everywhere on the field when he's on. when rothlesberger's old contract is up though he will surpass polamalu's contractAvengeMeCortex

i agree he's the center of their defense, with out him i really dont think their defense would be anything

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wwe4ever_in05

[QUOTE="AvengeMeCortex"]polamalu is the best steeler imo right now. He is the top player on that defense and he is everywhere on the field when he's on. when rothlesberger's old contract is up though he will surpass polamalu's contractphoenix14

i agree he's the center of their defense, with out him i really dont think their defense would be anything

I agree with both statements here, AMC I agree that you said that Polamulu is everywhere on the field, and phoenix14, I agree yhat you said Polamalu is the center of the Steelers defense, so your both right.

Godsofplunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Godsofplunder
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

It's difficult to pin Polamalu as the best Steeler when you have Hines Ward on the other side of the ball.

As far as gameplay, intensity, overall skill, and leadership - I have them pretty much dead even, MAYBE even a slight edge to Ward as being the best Steeler at the present time.

VERY close though!

-GOP

jjj13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 jjj13
Member since 2005 • 2399 Posts
Polamalu owns all now. But Ben will be the hero in the future.
Godsofplunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Godsofplunder
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

Hines Ward would RULE the team if they'd (Bruce Arians, Roethlisburger's decision capability) let him!

He should get 8-10 grabs a game, but don't.

THROW TO HIM MORE BRUCE!

-GOP

Drunkenmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Drunkenmasta
Member since 2005 • 536 Posts
Well its easy to say that Polamalu is the best Steeler when he's in his prime. Nothing against Hines Ward or Big Ben maybe even perhaps Jerome Bettis, Terry Bradshaw (thats if this discussion is talking about the best Steeler still actively starting)