Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Panthers release injury-prone linebacker Morgan, guard Wahle

The Carolina Panthers finally ran out of patience with injury-prone linebacker Dan Morgan.

The Panthers released their former first-round pick Monday after seven seasons. He was dominant when he played, but was on the field for only 59 out of a possible 112 games.

The Panthers also released veteran Mike Wahle, who started 16 games at left guard last season. The moves were the first of what are expected to be many after consecutive non-winning seasons.

Morgan was the No. 11 overall pick by Carolina in the first-round of the 2001 NFL Draft, and wowed coaches and fans with a combination of hard hits and speed. Morgan had 25 tackles in Carolina's loss to New England in the Super Bowl four years ago, and his 452 tackles rank third in team history.

Morgan just couldn't stay healthy. He never played all 16 games in a season due to numerous injuries, including at least five concussions. ( read more )

Panthers continue overhaul, release RB DeShaun Foster

The Panthers have released DeShaun Foster, their starting running back from last season.

The move was made Thursday and clears about $4.75M in salary-cap space. And it continues a busy offseason as the Panthers overhaul their roster following a second straight season out of the playoffs.

Foster has never rushed for more than 897 yards in six seasons plagued by fumbles and injuries.

During the last two seasons, Foster split time with former first-round pick DeAngelo Williams. Williams is expected to enter next season as the team's top back.

speedjunkie4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 speedjunkie4
Member since 2007 • 2243 Posts

The Carolina Panthers finally ran out of patience with injury-prone linebacker Dan Morgan.

The Panthers released their former first-round pick Monday after seven seasons. He was dominant when he played, but was on the field for only 59 out of a possible 112 games.

The Panthers also released veteran Mike Wahle, who started 16 games at left guard last season. The moves were the first of what are expected to be many after consecutive non-winning seasons.

Morgan was the No. 11 overall pick by Carolina in the first-round of the 2001 NFL Draft, and wowed coaches and fans with a combination of hard hits and speed. Morgan had 25 tackles in Carolina's loss to New England in the Super Bowl four years ago, and his 452 tackles rank third in team history.

Morgan just couldn't stay healthy. He never played all 16 games in a season due to numerous injuries, including at least five concussions. ( read more )

JackBurton

*Drops dead*

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

It's too bad that Morgan has to leave Carolina in this kind of way since he is such a gifted athlete. But injuries took a huge toll and so I guess it's good that both sides moved on.

And with Wahle and Morgan now gone, I wonder what they're going to use the "extra" money on?

speedjunkie4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 speedjunkie4

It's too bad that Morgan has to leave Carolina in this kind of way since he is such a gifted athlete. But injuries took a huge toll and so I guess it's good that both sides moved on.

And with Wahle and Morgan now gone, I wonder what they're going to use the "extra" money on?

Ngamer05

A new QB?

Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts
Randy Moss? :o
speedjunkie4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 speedjunkie4

SHAUN ALEXANDER?:o

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

Figures Morgan would be gone, Beason is a nice replacement and might actually be on the field half the time.

I don't much care about Mike Wahle anymore, not since he left the Packers. I'd support sending him to Houston though.

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#8 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts
Well they could used it to pick up new player at the draft, or they could make Steve Smith a new deal, so he can stay around longer.
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts

speedjunkie4

get off that crack

detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 detroitpistons0
[QUOTE="speedjunkie4"]

Ryder004

get off that crack

RANDY MOSS!@!!!?!?!?

speedjunkie4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 speedjunkie4
[QUOTE="speedjunkie4"]

Ryder004

get off that crack

You keep talkin' like that, and i will demote you at the NFC South union.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts
[QUOTE="Ryder004"][QUOTE="speedjunkie4"]

speedjunkie4

get off that crack

You keep talkin' like that, and i will demote you at the NFC South union.

dude chill out u need to calm down and notice the fact that im bucs fan and panthers and bucs fans dont really like each other.....but i got nothing against u i would of said that comment to anyone who would of posted it, it was just a very random and shocking statement

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ngamer05

Well they could used it to pick up new player at the draft, or they could make Steve Smith a new deal, so he can stay around longer.wwe4ever_in05

That was already accomplished last offseason :P

3 year extension

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts
Well, the poster boy for concussions is no longer in the league. Who do you think will become the new poster boy?
Thordain0011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Thordain0011
Member since 2006 • 1416 Posts
Trent Green after he winds up with some other team while being considered a joke by the rest of the league? It's a shame Chrebet isn't around anymore. He was an even better poster boy for concussions than Morgan.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Dan Morgan was simply injury prone. Its a shame, he was good at his position.
spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts

JackBurton

So many roster changes. :(

Jrodsly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 Jrodsly
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

here are three things the money should be spent on:

1. A NEW QB.

2. a decent running back(even though Deangelo Williams is an OK running back, Foster gets hurt WAY too much)

3. a defensive end or lineman(just in case Peppers goes bye-bye)

3. banana splits and a chicken enchilada.

gstonyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#19 gstonyr
Member since 2004 • 4963 Posts
hmm interesting....
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 detroitpistons0

Jrodsly

And HOT POCKETS!!! :|

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wallymartin
[QUOTE="Jrodsly"]

detroitpistons0

And HOT POCKETS!!! :|

I kind of like the banana splits and chicken enchilada idea. Hot Pockets can work sort of like a roster bonus, they'll kick in next year.

Jrodsly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 Jrodsly
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts
[QUOTE="Jrodsly"]

wallymartin

I kind of like the banana splits and chicken enchilada idea. Hot Pockets can work sort of like a roster bonus, they'll kick in next year.

glad i could help.

detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 detroitpistons0
But we still gotta work to resign the Kid's Cuisine before the Hot Pocketst can be focused on.
WHSBtone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 WHSBtone
Member since 2007 • 516 Posts
I hope that with the extra money they got a good MLB. Morgan was very talented and it will be hard to find someone who was as good as him
spfx30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 spfx30
Member since 2005 • 9945 Posts

I hope that with the extra money they got a good MLB. Morgan was very talented and it will be hard to find someone who was as good as him WHSBtone

Zach Thomas! :D

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#26 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts
Carolina is planning on tradeing Foster away, and maybe then they can get someone good, I don't know who but some along the lines of RyanGrant and LT.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ngamer05

I hope that with the extra money they got a good MLB. Morgan was very talented and it will be hard to find someone who was as good as him WHSBtone

Jon Beason? He'll likely takeover the fulltime duties at MLB, so what the Panthers need now is an inside linebacker.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wallymartin

[QUOTE="WHSBtone"]I hope that with the extra money they got a good MLB. Morgan was very talented and it will be hard to find someone who was as good as him Ngamer05

Jon Beason? He'll likely takeover the fulltime duties at MLB, so what the Panthers need now is an inside linebacker.

You mean outside linebacker?

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="WHSBtone"]I hope that with the extra money they got a good MLB. Morgan was very talented and it will be hard to find someone who was as good as him wallymartin

Yeah, you're right....

I thought Thomas Davis played outside linebacker, but I guess he plays inside. :?

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ngamer05
[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]

[QUOTE="WHSBtone"]I hope that with the extra money they got a good MLB. Morgan was very talented and it will be hard to find someone who was as good as him wallymartin

Yeah, you're right....

I thought Thomas Davis played outside linebacker, but I guess he plays inside. :?