Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

pickem

For those of us that are new to the NFLU Pick'em, here are the rules for Super Bowl Pick'em.

You need to read these:

- The score you get is based almost entirely on your prediction for the game's score.
- Depending on a correct pick and how close you are to the actual score, you can gain anywhere between 0-10 points.
- A correct pick results in a minimum of 5 points. Guessing the score correctly will gain you an extra 5 added to your minimum. If your prediction is off by 1-6 points, you get an extra 4. 7-12 is an extra 3. 13-18 is an extra 2, and 19-25 is 1 extra point.
- An incorrect pick can also result in points, though your predicted score will have to be closer. It will also have to be a close game for you to get these points. If your prediction is 2-4 points away from the actual score, you will get 5 points. 5-7 will get 4 points, 8-11 will get 3 points, 12-15 will get 2 points, and 16-20 will get 1 point.
- I want you to post a reason with your pick. For one, it makes things more interesting. Secondly, it helps us know what you are thinking. It seperates a great pick from just a random shot in the dark.
- In the event of a 1st place tie, the winner will be decided by total number of Upset Specials hit this season.

Final pick, make it count:

Super Bowl XLVI
New England Patriots vs New York Giants
NE: -- NYG: --

Explain: (at least 2 sentences)
------------------
------------------
------------------
JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Super Bowl XLVI
NE: 21 NYG: 27

Explain:

Theplayer8505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Theplayer8505
Member since 2011 • 2533 Posts

Super Bowl XLVI
NE: 17 NYG: 28

Explain: (at least 2 sentences)
First off I want to state that I'm picking the Giants without the thought of what the Patriots did to the Panthers and stuff like that but more to the point that the Giants beat the Patriots back in 2007 at Super Bowl 42, and now they are having this Game again after the fact that the Patriots lost once to the Giants already this season, but now the Patriots don't look to have some key players playing this Sunday.
But also along with that the Giants are all the way around on their offense and defense are both more healthy then the Patriots.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#4 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Giants

Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#5 Blazer88
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts

Super Bowl XLVI
NE: 27 NYG: 24

Explain: I think back to a few weeks ago when I felt pretty confident that the Giants looking like 2007 form would beat the Packers and how the Pats have been anything like thier 07' counterpart. They on the other have actually been an very much up and down team that by all accounts, inlcuding my own, thier D stinks. Then even thier offense which started out hot struggled later on in the seaspn taking sometimes till the second half to get going.

So how can they beat the Giants that seem so much better?

I am not even sure I can explain this one, but it will happen...I hope.

justified615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 justified615
Member since 2007 • 704 Posts

Super Bowl XLVI
NE: 38 NYG:30

There's just something that tells me NE will get their revenge. But it will be a hard faught battle.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#7 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Pats 31 Giants 21

Explanation:

1) Pats score more than Giants.

2) Giants score less than Pats.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CommanderShiro

Super Bowl XLVI
NE: 27 NYG: 31

Eli Manning has been great in the 4th quarter this season. I feel that the pass rush of the Giants are exactly what is needed to stop Tom Brady. The Giants do need to have concern about Hernandez and Gronkowski, especially with their lack of talent at linebacker. However, I still feel that the Giants will pull it off. 

Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts
Ginas win 28-24. Sadly, they have the better team of the two due to that pass rush. I hope I am wrong.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CommanderShiro
Sorry for the delay in results. I will have them posted on Valentines Day.