Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ARealChiefsFan
Member since 2005 • 1249 Posts

article taken from kcchiefs.com

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Friday that the club has agreed to terms of a three-year contract with LB Boomer Grigsby, the first of its two fifth-round selections (138th overall) in the 2005 draft. He is the second 2005 Chiefs draft choice to reach a contract agreement with the club. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

Grigsby (5-11, 249) was a four-year letterman at NCAA Division I-AA Illinois State, appearing in 44 games (40 starts). He produced a school-record 580 tackles (325 solo), in addition to registering 13.0 sacks (-77.0 yards), six fumble recoveries, five forcedboomer2 fumbles, seven passes defensed and 14 QB pressures.

The Canton, Illinois native started all 10 games for Illinois State as a senior, recording a team-high 129 tackles (56 solo), 3.0 sacks (-20.0 yards), two fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and two passes defensed. He set Illinois State’s single-season tackle mark with 179 stops in both 2002 and 2003. Grigsby was a three-time finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, which is annually given to the premier defensive player in NCAA Division I-AA football.

Grigsby was an all-area selection as a senior at Canton High School in Canton, Illinois. He registered 120 tackles (80 solo), 10.0 stops for loss and 5.0 sacks that season.

Lee1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lee1255
Member since 2005 • 387 Posts
There just aren't enough players named "Boomer" in the NFL.
ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ARealChiefsFan

lol, yeah, but from what i've heard about him from various sites, he's going to be really really good

Alex820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Alex820
Member since 2004 • 2242 Posts

There just aren't enough players named "Boomer" in the NFL.Lee1255

lol

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#5 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

who told you this guy was that good anyway. cheif madegood moves. i guess you can concider this a good move but not that good. cheifs are great tho

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Friday that the club has agreed to terms of a three-year contract with LB Boomer Grigsby, the first of its two fifth-round selections (138th overall) in the 2005 draft. He is the second 2005 Chiefs draft choice to reach a contract agreement with the club. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

Grigsby (5-11, 249) was a four-year letterman at NCAA Division I-AA Illinois State, appearing in 44 games (40 starts). He produced a school-record 580 tackles (325 solo), in addition to registering 13.0 sacks (-77.0 yards), six fumble recoveries, five forcedboomer2 fumbles, seven passes defensed and 14 QB pressures.

The Canton, Illinois native started all 10 games for Illinois State as a senior, recording a team-high 129 tackles (56 solo), 3.0 sacks (-20.0 yards), two fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and two passes defensed. He set Illinois State’s single-season tackle mark with 179 stops in both 2002 and 2003. Grigsby was a three-time finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, which is annually given to the premier defensive player in NCAA Division I-AA football.

Grigsby was an all-area selection as a senior at Canton High School in Canton, Illinois. He registered 120 tackles (80 solo), 10.0 stops for loss and 5.0 sacks that season.

ARealChiefsFan
ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ARealChiefsFan

who told you this guy was that good anyway. cheif madegood moves. i guess you can concider this a good move but not that good. cheifs are great tho

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]

ocdog45

i'm saying he's been good in minicamp, and that based on that he's going to be really good

VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VanHalun040604
Member since 2004 • 6399 Posts
[QUOTE="ocdog45"]

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]

ARealChiefsFan

i'm saying he's been good in minicamp, and that based on that he's going to be really good

Wow, you know nothing about football, dude. Minicamp is nothing. Do you even play football???

ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ARealChiefsFan
[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"][QUOTE="ocdog45"]

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]

VanHalun040604

Wow, you know nothing about football, dude. Minicamp is nothing. Do you even play football???

really, well just so you know, i do know alot about football, yes i play football for my highschool, and could you please stop questioning every single post i have on here

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#9 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

NOBODY IS QUESTIONING YOU BUDDY. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM! THE DUDE ISN'T GOOD THO

[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"][QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"][QUOTE="ocdog45"]

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]

ARealChiefsFan

really, well just so you know, i do know alot about football, yes i play football for my highschool, and could you please stop questioning every single post i have on here

NYJCMart28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 NYJCMart28
Member since 2005 • 3239 Posts
I have to agree with VanHalun.
ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ARealChiefsFan

NOBODY IS QUESTIONING YOU BUDDY. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM! THE DUDE ISN'T GOOD THO

ocdog45

i agree he's not the greatest, but look at vanhaluns thread about using biased sites

FishPicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 FishPicker
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts
[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"][QUOTE="ocdog45"]

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]

VanHalun040604

well, the chief's scouts thought he looked good. The chief's coaching staff say he looks good after seeing him in tmini camp. I'll take their word for it.

mini camp isnt the be -all -end -all of player prospects but it should give you an idea of what a player is capable of.
ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ARealChiefsFan
[QUOTE="VanHalun040604"][QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"][QUOTE="ocdog45"]

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]

FishPicker

well, the chief's scouts thought he looked good. The chief's coaching staff say he looks good after seeing him in tmini camp. I'll take their word for it.

mini camp isnt the be -all -end -all of player prospects but it should give you an idea of what a player is capable of.

couldn't have said it better myself Fish