Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

User Lists: 0

#1 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

press release from bronco's web site

BRONCOS SIGN 2005 THIRD-ROUND DRAFT CHOICE CB FOXWORTH

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Denver Broncos on Friday signed cornerback Domonique Foxworth, whom they selected in the third round (97th overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft. As per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Foxworth, 5-11, 180 pounds, was a three-time All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection at the University of Maryland, where he started all 40 career games played. A three-year starter, Foxworth posted 143 career tackles (121 solo), eight interceptions (128 yds.), 31 pass breakups, four fumble recoveries and two touchdowns (1 interception return, 1 fumble recovery return).

He was a second-team All-ACC choice and garnered second-team All-America accolades from The Sporting News as a senior in 2004 after totaling 36 tackles and eight pass breakups as an 11-game starter. As a sophomore in 2002, Foxworth had five interceptions (64 yds.) and led the ACC in pass breakups to earn first-team all-conference recognition. The cornerback recorded three interceptions (64 yds.) in 2003, including one that he returned 44 yards for a touchdown against Eastern Michigan, and secured second-team All-ACC honors that year.

Foxworth was a three-year starter at defensive back and tailback for Western Tech High School in Catonsville, Md., where he posted 4,871 all-purpose yards and a school-record 43 touchdowns during his career. He was tabbed an All-American by SuperPrep as well as that publication’s sixth-best defensive back in the nation as a senior. A graduate of Maryland with a bachelor’s degree in American studies, Domonique Foxworth was born March 27, 1983, in Oxford, England.

Foxworth is the second of the Broncos’ six selections in the 2005 NFL Draft to sign a contract, joining punter/kicker Paul Ernster (seventh round - 239th overall).

ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ARealChiefsFan
Member since 2005 • 1249 Posts
hmmm, i find this troubling for my team, anyway it's good that they brought in a corner, Bailey isn't performing as well as they had hoped
VanHalun040604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VanHalun040604
Member since 2004 • 6399 Posts

hmmm, i find this troubling for my team, anyway it's good that they brought in a corner, Bailey isn't performing as well as they had hopedARealChiefsFan

Yeah, definitely agreee, dude. You know you're not that great when Kerry Collins and the Oakland Raiders recieving cops of last year rips you (Champ Baily) in a single game for over 150 yards. He gave up so many big plays that day. That was the game in the snow at Broncos stadium where the Raiders went on to win by one point...the same one where Ronald Curry made the circus catch that basically won the game.

ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ARealChiefsFan

[QUOTE="ARealChiefsFan"]hmmm, i find this troubling for my team, anyway it's good that they brought in a corner, Bailey isn't performing as well as they had hopedVanHalun040604

Yeah, definitely agreee, dude. You know you're not that great when Kerry Collins and the Oakland Raiders recieving cops of last year rips you (Champ Baily) in a single game for over 150 yards. He gave up so many big plays that day. That was the game in the snow at Broncos stadium where the Raiders went on to win by one point...the same one where Ronald Curry made the circus catch that basically won the game.

yeah, i'm anti-raiders being a Chiefs fan, but that catch was sick

Alex820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Alex820
Member since 2004 • 2242 Posts

hmmm, i find this troubling for my team, anyway it's good that they brought in a corner, Bailey isn't performing as well as they had hopedARealChiefsFan

Yup, he is not going to do good

NYJCMart28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 NYJCMart28
Member since 2005 • 3239 Posts
I bet they gambled on him and overpaid him. Then again, I don't know anything about him except his name and his game.
ARealChiefsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ARealChiefsFan

I bet they gambled on him and overpaid him. Then again, I don't know anything about him except his name and his game.NYJCMart28

that's exactly what they did