geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

This year's draft is on April 28-30. Same format as last year, starting Thursday night and going through Saturday.

Here's a list of who all has been invited to the Combine which runs from February 23 – March 1.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

I am definately excited, for the biggest football operations weekend of the year.  Though its early, I don't think that the panthers will go with a QB.  I don't know how good Gabbert is, I think I have only seen him play 1-2 times, but the consenseus seems to be he is a top 5 pick.

What are the odds Oak drafts Cam Newton?  Big arm, athletic and unproven.  Had the best pro day a QB has had since Russell. 

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

Based on what the Panther's needs are, I think the most realistic choice would be the defensive tackle coming out of Auburn, Nick Fairley. However, I would not be surprised if the GM went a different route and goes quarterback, picking either Gabbert or Newton (would be pissed if that does happen).

From a fan's perspective, I would be ecstatic if Carolina ended up drafting AJ Green with their first pick. Hell, even if they had to trade down to deem him more worthy of the pick, I would be all for it.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts

Hell, even if they had to trade down to deem him more worthy of the pick, I would be all for it. Ngamer05

Carolina is stuck with the #1 pick whether they like it or not. Because there is no one worth trading up that high for.

favre4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 favre4thewin
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

[QUOTE="Ngamer05"]Hell, even if they had to trade down to deem him more worthy of the pick, I would be all for it. Ryder004

Carolina is stuck with the #1 pick whether they like it or not. Because there is no one worth trading up that high for.

Unless a rookie salary cap is impossed, which is a good possibility since the owners and the players don't seem to mind that.  In that case the draft will change some.  The top pick will be tradeable again.  

If that is the case I wouldn't be surprised to see someone trade up with Carolina to get A.J. Green.  I am not completely sold on Gabbert, or Newton.  Gabbert instantly became the top QB because Luck did not come out.  Honestly, I don't know that he is realitically better than Clausen.

I think Fairley, or Bowers are better choices for Car.  I do wonder if a deal would be made with NE and Car where Car sends the top pick to them for one of their firsts and a second.   

bobwjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bobwjr
Member since 2002 • 967 Posts

Here is an interesting link that I think everyone will like:

fantasyfootballmetrics.com

He uses a metric system to evaluate the draft potentials for success or bust!