WHY do all apps come out on IOS first then ANDROID !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soldierbwoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soldierbwoi
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts

:evil: why does every single application get released on apple first THEN android??? and all the best applications are on apple because on my ipod there are some really amazing games but then on android when im lookin in android market i'm like :? .. HARDLY any good games

deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deleteduser198
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

:evil: why does every single application get released on apple first THEN android??? and all the best applications are on apple because on my ipod there are some really amazing games but then on android when im lookin in android market i'm like :? .. HARDLY any good games

soldierbwoi
It's mainly because iOS devices are the new handheld standard in terms of gaming. The uniform OS enables this. Blows DS and PSP out of the water. Mass Effect is coming exclusively to iOS a month from now, too. Graphics look just like the 360 game.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Money people buy more apps and and spend more money on ios then on android the only way it will change is if people buy more apps or android marketshare becomes so big it ends up surpassing ios in app sales despite on a per user basis people spending less money on apps. I can see the later happening and would be amusing to see ios turn into another osx vs windows situtation market share wise altough I don't think it will ever get quite that bad.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

[QUOTE="soldierbwoi"]

Kid-Atari

It's mainly because iOS devices are the new handheld standard in terms of gaming. The uniform OS enables this. Blows DS and PSP out of the water. Mass Effect is coming exclusively to iOS a month from now, too. Graphics look just like the 360 game.

It appears you've clicked on the wrong forum link again. And your Mass Effect comment is absolutely asinine.

Anyway, let me help you get back to where you need to be: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/board/909188418/apple-ios-discussion

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DJ_Headshot

[QUOTE="soldierbwoi"]

Kid-Atari

Depends what you mean by blow out of the water as far as raw quantity of games no contest there and in terms of quick accessible pick and play games iphone/ipod touch wins but as far as engrossing games that offer several hours of game play and more complex controls and game play mechanics then a touchscreen and gyroscope can handle psp wins. For that type of gaming I'd defiantly get a psp over an ipod touch/iphone the price advantage for ios is also gone now since psp games are so cheap almost all are under $20 and most can be had for $10 or less including alot are long 20+ hours rpgs like valkrie profile or final fantasy crisis core that offer so much more then the large majority of ios games that I don't really care if the games can be had for a few dollars on the app store. That being said I'd defiantly take an ios device over the DS,3DS, and vita I just don't like the type of games the ds offers and the 3ds and vita have very small library of games as well as the games costing to much $30-$50 is crazy for a handheld games I don't like spending that much even for full blown console and pc games.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJ_Headshot

[QUOTE="Kid-Atari"][QUOTE="soldierbwoi"]

UssjTrunks

It appears you've clicked on the wrong forum link again. And your Mass Effect comment is absolutely asinine.

Anyway, let me help you get back to where you need to be: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/board/909188418/apple-ios-discussion

While his statement of looking just like the 360 game is false looking at direct feed screenshots of the 360 version of mass effect 1 shows just how terrible the game is graphically among the worst looking games ever made on the 360. Only good thing about the graphics is the faces during the dialogue scenes the game is just lacking sorely in texture and model detail besides the face's and especially in the environments the fact that it has a very bland art design makes it worse. The ios mass effect will be alot worse graphically and thats considered top tier graphics by ios standard so need a couple more hardware generations before mobile devices catch up to current consoles graphics.

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
[QUOTE="soldierbwoi"]

Kid-Atari

You're kidding, right? You're just saying things without backing it up with facts.

DS and PSP both have an uniform OS too, and if I'm not mistaken they have more hardware power, and of course hardware buttons which are a very big plus point.

And I can't believe ME will look that good on iOS. And ME won't be exclusive on iOS, since it's already on pc, xbox 360 and ps3.
JasonGriffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JasonGriffee
Member since 2011 • 194 Posts

I don't think that it is a "better platform" issue. If you look at iOS, it only has a handful of physical devices to support. Android on the other hand, has very large hardware diversity. From a programming standpoint, this could complicate things. Simply put, it isn't a matter of a "better" phone OS. It's a matter of "it takes longer".

deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deleteduser198
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Kid-Atari"][QUOTE="soldierbwoi"]

Loegi

You're kidding, right? You're just saying things without backing it up with facts.

DS and PSP both have an uniform OS too, and if I'm not mistaken they have more hardware power, and of course hardware buttons which are a very big plus point.

And I can't believe ME will look that good on iOS. And ME won't be exclusive on iOS, since it's already on pc, xbox 360 and ps3.

the latest iPhone actually has much better graphical capability than a DS and a PSP. It literally has twice the power of the The Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Nexus, so it's not that hard to believe. The graphical capabilities on iOS is also a huge reason why it attracts so much developer attention; just to touch on the relevance on the thread creators question.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

^

"This forum is considered a sanctuary for Google Android devices. Anti-Google Android discussions will be considered a forum invasion."

"Cross-platform discussions belong in System Wars."

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

the latest iPhone actually has much better graphical capability than a DS and a PSP. It literally has twice the power of the The Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Nexus, so it's not that hard to believe.

Kid-Atari

Twice the graphics power? Maybe. Twice the overall power? lol

Again though, why are you posting here? Is the iPhone forum not active enough?

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

[QUOTE="Loegi"][QUOTE="Kid-Atari"] It's mainly because iOS devices are the new handheld standard in terms of gaming. The uniform OS enables this. Blows DS and PSP out of the water. Mass Effect is coming exclusively to iOS a month from now, too. Graphics look just like the 360 game.Kid-Atari

the latest iPhone actually has much better graphical capability than a DS and a PSP. It literally has twice the power of the The Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Nexus, so it's not that hard to believe. The graphical capabilities on iOS is also a huge reason why it attracts so much developer attention; just to touch on the relevance on the thread creators question.

In, what, 3 benchmarks, including the oh so fabulous OFF SCREEN FPS? The SGS543-whatever is impressive, but not nearly as overwhelming as you have convinced yourself. Furthermore, get lost. You seemingly exist only to attack android. You are neither a wanted nor welcome user here. We leave your iOS sanctuary alone, I expect the same basic respect from you.

Actual reason: Because iOS holds the mindshare. Don't worry though, increasing evidence of the lack of app stability in iOS, increased popularity and mindshare of android and likelyhood that non-tegra3 devices will easily take on the A6 chip mean we'll not have to wait for much longer.