Whats the point of having an iPhone and iPad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

juiceman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 juiceman77
Member since 2012 • 134 Posts

Just wondering whats the point since they do the same thing?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Don't underestimate that 9.7 inch screen compared to that of the 3.5 inch iPhone. Many apps will also stick save data in the cloud, so you can play a game, edit a document, or work on a project on one and it'll automatically update on the other. Keeping it in the iOS family is the best policy.

Quite honestly, it's the best phone/tablet combo available right now, to the point that it's the only reasonable option to those with the budget to support it.
mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts
I guess I could mount my portable TV on the wall and use it for home movies too, but I prefer a bigger screen for that purpose. Thankfully there's a range of products to suit each of my needs!
Speed_RacerME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Speed_RacerME
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

You get to play games only available for the iPhone or iPad.. games like WeDoodle, Jetpack Joyride, and Ricky Carmichael's Motocross Matchup Pro.

PilgrimWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PilgrimWind
Member since 2007 • 432 Posts

There are apps exclusively for iPhone (some iPhone apps won't run in an iPod Touch at all, like Whatsapp) and others exclusively for iPad.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I have the cheapest pre-pay Android phone money can buy and an iPad 2, they're used for very different purposes and I'm sure its the same for iPhone/iPad users. I'd love an iPhone instead of my Android but I don't need to be tied to a contract and it would be a hella expensive investment altogether.
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

Just wondering whats the point since they do the same thing?

juiceman77

well they dont do the same thing.

one makes phone calls over the phone network, the other is for wasting time :D

CaptainSofa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CaptainSofa
Member since 2011 • 163 Posts
An ipad has a lot more room to smear greasy fingerprints and boogers on.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
iPhone 4S: always handy, hold documents, Camera that matches many point and shoots in quality, play games, Music, Movies, scedule and make calls or texts over a cellular network. Impractical for actualy creating the documents, watching the movies, browsing the web and smaller screen altogether. iPad 2: Something that is specificly carried, hold and type documents, play games on larger screen (some games cross play, or use the iPhone as a controller), plays music, movies, photos, Best for playing movies, browsing the web and viewing photos, impractical for playing music, very expensive. Benifits of both: Music, Documents, Notes, Calenders and save data for many apps is synced across both devices, so the information I need is always at my fingertips. I may make a note for a project on my phone and have it in front of me when I open my iPad at home. I may be on the iMac and it will alert me about an apointment in an hour that I booked with my iPad. I can take a picture on my Phone and have it on my iPad to show it off. it all simply works together I own and use both every day, this is coming from experience. Sure i've used my iPad for different things, and its seen less screentime but the two devices are very handy and work together very well.