What musc player do you use?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by UssjTrunks (11263 posts) -

One of the great things about Android is that it allows you to use custom music players.

I use PowerAmp. The improvement it provides to sound quality is incredible. It makes my $15 earbuds sound like a studio headset. 10 band EQ, stereo widening, crossfeed, replay gain, bass and trebble controls (that actually work, and very well at that), support for every file type out there, and much more. This isn't just the best music player on Android, but the best app, period (IMO). Easily worth more than the $5 it is listed at considering how much work was put into developing it.

Before that I used PlayerPro. It has an excellent file browsing system and allows for custom skinning. However, it uses the standard Android DSP unless you install the custom DSP (which actually reduces sound quality). It's a pretty good player in it's own right, but PowerAmp is on a whole other level in terms of sound quality.

#2 Posted by Rikusaki (16474 posts) -

I use UberMusic. It's awesome. It's made by the guy who did Launcher Pro.

#3 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I use the one my phone has build in. I am running 2.3.4.
#4 Posted by junaid15 (1163 posts) -

PowerAmp. It's the only app i've paid more than 99 cents for. Totally worth it.

#5 Posted by Steameffekt (4950 posts) -

At the moment, Google Music. It saves memory by allowing me to stream my entire library and the sound quality isn't bad.

#6 Posted by Loegi (1692 posts) -
Currently using Poweramp. First used the stock player, but it doesn't support FLAC files, and I couldn't be bothered to convert them all. Great stuff. Bunch of features that I don't really use, but I guess it's nice for people knowing what they are.
#7 Posted by SoraX64 (29221 posts) -
http://www.seeingpixels.org/2012/01/cyanogenmod-9-music_16.html That one.
#8 Posted by flipin_jackass (9770 posts) -
PowerAmp because Android Police gave me a free copy. :P
#9 Posted by UssjTrunks (11263 posts) -

PowerAmp because Android Police gave me a free copy. :Pflipin_jackass

I've entered a few of their giveaways but always came up short. :( I couldn't take my ears being raped anymore by the other players, so I eventually caved and forked over the $5.

#10 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -
I use the one my phone has build in. I am running 2.3.4.AmazonTreeBoa
The HTC player is amazing poweramp would be the only other option but no need to get it with HTC's media player. it has swipe to change track and equaliser settings to enhance the experience. :) great player. I too use the stock HTC player.
#11 Posted by Loegi (1692 posts) -
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I use the one my phone has build in. I am running 2.3.4.mystic_knight
The HTC player is amazing poweramp would be the only other option but no need to get it with HTC's media player. it has swipe to change track and equaliser settings to enhance the experience. :) great player. I too use the stock HTC player.

I loved it too. The only problem I found was that it doesn't support FLAC files. But I guess not a lot of people use FLAC on their phone.
#12 Posted by verbtex (9063 posts) -

I'm using Google music because it's stock on my Galaxy Nexus.

#13 Posted by RaIn285 (3010 posts) -

I used WinAmp.But now that I switched to CyanogenMod I use the stock music player that it has.

#14 Posted by PolskaKing (39592 posts) -
I used Poweramp and fell short of the Android Police giveaway...
PowerAmp because Android Police gave me a free copy. :Pflipin_jackass
>_> :P And my trial ran out. Going to have buy it sooner or later.
#15 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26442 posts) -

Stock. No need to get PowerAmp or another app since I'm still rocking my stock earbuds that came with my Captivate. When I finally get a good pair of IEMs, I might switch. I'll have to get a small pocket amp since I doubt the phone itself would be good enough to drive them properly.

#16 Posted by UssjTrunks (11263 posts) -

Stock. No need to get PowerAmp or another app since I'm still rocking my stock earbuds that came with my Captivate. When I finally get a good pair of IEMs, I might switch. I'll have to get a small pocket amp since I doubt the phone itself would be good enough to drive them properly.

ChubbyGuy40

That's precisely why I use PowerAmp. it makes **** earbuds sound much better than they actually are. When you start using high end headphones the differences become less pronounced.