What apps would get me started?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 yachtboy
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts

I just ordered the new ipad and it will be my first ios device and was wondering what must have apps I should get? I have been doing tons of research and have a pretty good list but are there any you would suggest?

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Cydia. Cydia is the most important one.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I haven't installed many yet on my iPad, but these ones I couldn't live without: Flipboard - turns your Facebook/Twitter/RSS feeds into a magazine, basically. It's a great idea, gorgeous, and a fantastic way to browse your social media and news updates. It's so good it should be a part of the stock applications, although interestingly its streamlined look does resemble Windows Phone 7 more than iOS. Goodreader - fantastic PDF/text viewer (great for storing and reading FAQs). It's also very useful for viewing Office files and pulling everything from pictures and video from ftp or home servers. Carcassonne - one of the higher priced games on the iPad, but also one of the best suited for the platform.
TF626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TF626
Member since 2010 • 593 Posts
Real Racing 2 - Great game and fun to play. ABC Player - Can watch shows from ABC through your iPad. OnLive Desktop - Turns your iPad into a Windows, but use it for the free Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. MLB At Bat - If your a baseball fan, great app.