Upgrade Available Next Month iPhone 4s or 5(4G)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Rumors say iPhone 5 (4G) whatever they end up calling it could be out as early as summer; some say autumn.

As of now, I think I can wait even until autumn, but I think that may change when my upgrade actually becomes available.

Should I go ahead and get a 4S when my upgrade is available in less than a month or be patient and get the 5 (4G)?

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
Personally I would wait for the iphone 5.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
4S is a solid phone, really enjoying mine. If you can wait, though, I suggest doing so until the next iPhone drops, which may simply just be called, "iPhone" much like Apple changed the naming scheme on the iPad. It's just another computer to Apple.
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I would wait for the 5. Especially since it is only a few months away, instead of being obsolete a few weeks after you get your new phone.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I would wait for the 5. Especially since it is only a few months away, instead of being obsolete a few weeks after you get your new phone.

verbtex
I do'nt know if I'd say 'obsolete' really... Just not the brandest newest shiniest thingest in the Apple universe :P
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
If you already have to wait until late April to upgrade, I'd just wait until the 5 is released TBH. I love my 4S, but by the time you upgrade you're already halfway through it's lifecycle before the newest phone comes out.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#7 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

Rumors say iPhone 5 (4G) whatever they end up calling it could be out as early as summer; some say autumn.

As of now, I think I can wait even until autumn, but I think that may change when my upgrade actually becomes available.

Should I go ahead and get a 4S when my upgrade is available in less than a month or be patient and get the 5 (4G)?

Cwagmire21
Doubt it will be that soon. The folks at MacRumors are always the first with new info and rumors so better ask there.