So guys n gals what's your take on Ouya?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suade907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 suade907
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

I think this little $100 marvel holds more promise than any next gen system. Why you ask? Are you nuts, you might think. My theory is that Ouya announced today that every year they plan to release a new iteration of the console similar to a phone life cycle. Ok so think about this for a minute. All the games they claim will be backwards compatible so you can carry them over to the new systems. But what is really interesting is that. While the Ouya doesn't pack in the power of a Xbox360 yet in a few years it will. While MS and PS are battling it out over the most powerful hardware. By the end of their lifecycle the new little $100 Ouya box on it's 7th, 8th or even 9th revision may in fact surpass even the power of the mighty consoles. If they plan well this little console may be the next big thing. 

What's your take?

eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

DROID

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
Was never particularly interested in it before and now after hearing about the yearly revisions I'm even less interested. That is one of the main things I hate about Apple.
userzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 userzero
Member since 2008 • 167 Posts
Was never particularly interested in it before and now after hearing about the yearly revisions I'm even less interested. That is one of the main things I hate about Apple.MonoSilver
Not sure what Apple has to do with a gaming console, but if your issue is with yearly revisions of tech, you must hate a lot of companies.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Was never particularly interested in it before and now after hearing about the yearly revisions I'm even less interested. That is one of the main things I hate about Apple.userzero
Not sure what Apple has to do with a gaming console, but if your issue is with yearly revisions of tech, you must hate a lot of companies.

Who in their right mind wants to buy a new console every year? Not me. 

userzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 userzero

[QUOTE="userzero"][QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Was never particularly interested in it before and now after hearing about the yearly revisions I'm even less interested. That is one of the main things I hate about Apple.Vari3ty

Who in their right mind wants to buy a new console every year? Not me. 

You do know how much it costs, right? I'd love if Sony, MS or Nintendo released a more powerful, backwards compatible console every year for $100. I paid around $1,000 for my PS3 on launch - that's 10 years worth of consoles!
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Well there is a point for those who want to game with the cheapest possible option but the think is with how fast mobile technology is moving and with Ouya sporting only a tegra 3 ( when newer and much faster chipset like snapdragon, new exynos and tegra 4 are already on the market or expected to come by the time Ouya is out ) i dont see it staying relevant for to long
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#8 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
It sounds interesting but I wont get it. I already have a 10" tablet so I'll keep playing my games on that. I can sync a controller to it and I can hook it up to my tv if I want.. so the Ouya offers nothing new to me. The price point is really good though, and I like how you can try EVERY game for free before purchase.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonoSilver
[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Was never particularly interested in it before and now after hearing about the yearly revisions I'm even less interested. That is one of the main things I hate about Apple.userzero

Nope I just hate Apple.
userzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 userzero

[QUOTE="userzero"][QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Was never particularly interested in it before and now after hearing about the yearly revisions I'm even less interested. That is one of the main things I hate about Apple.MonoSilver

Nope I just hate Apple.

Oh yeah, I forgot it was cool to hate Apple. You're awesome! :D

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonoSilver

[QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="userzero"] Not sure what Apple has to do with a gaming console, but if your issue is with yearly revisions of tech, you must hate a lot of companies.userzero

Nope I just hate Apple.

Oh yeah, I forgot it was cool to hate Apple. You're awesome! :D

Funny. In fact I can't stop laughing... I hate them because it's a horrible company who just release the same overpriced products year after year and the sheep lap them up because they're fashionable. This is off topic though so you can act clever all you want.
beez_wax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 beez_wax
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I don't have a lot of interest in the Ouya. I already have the hardware I need (both PC and consoles) to play the games I want, and I can only see Ouya being a casual game experience. If I want to play a casual game, I have an Android phone for that.
userzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 userzero
I don't have a lot of interest in the Ouya. I already have the hardware I need (both PC and consoles) to play the games I want, and I can only see Ouya being a casual game experience. If I want to play a casual game, I have an Android phone for that.beez_wax
Why did you buy consoles when you already have the hardware (PC) to play games? Is it exclusives? What happens if you like the look of exclusives on the Ouya?
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I have the special edition kickstarter ordered.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="beez_wax"]I don't have a lot of interest in the Ouya. I already have the hardware I need (both PC and consoles) to play the games I want, and I can only see Ouya being a casual game experience. If I want to play a casual game, I have an Android phone for that.userzero
Why did you buy consoles when you already have the hardware (PC) to play games? Is it exclusives? What happens if you like the look of exclusives on the Ouya?

It's unlikely to attract developers with huge budgets like consoles and PCs do though.
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
Meh... idk about the Ouya, I have a 10 inch tablet I can play games on and I can connect it to my tv if I wanted. Plus I have a phone to play all android games that interest me as well. I guess the Ouya will have to rely on nova and modern combat and stuff like that to help it's sales
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kraken2109
Meh... idk about the Ouya, I have a 10 inch tablet I can play games on and I can connect it to my tv if I wanted. Plus I have a phone to play all android games that interest me as well. I guess the Ouya will have to rely on nova and modern combat and stuff like that to help it's salesBangerman15
But you can play them on your tablet as you said.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonoSilver
[QUOTE="Bangerman15"]Meh... idk about the Ouya, I have a 10 inch tablet I can play games on and I can connect it to my tv if I wanted. Plus I have a phone to play all android games that interest me as well. I guess the Ouya will have to rely on nova and modern combat and stuff like that to help it's saleskraken2109
But you can play them on your tablet as you said.

I can play them on my ancient Galaxy S too lol. I don't see it becoming a success, especially when the next gen consoles are announced or arrive.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I'm planning on getting it! It looks awesome! :D
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
It uses the same tech as cell phones. By the time this thing catches up to PS4 and Xbox 720 graphics PS5 and Xbox 1440 will be out.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kraken2109
It uses the same tech as cell phones. By the time this thing catches up to PS4 and Xbox 720 graphics PS5 and Xbox 1440 will be out.-Renegade
Doubt it, mobile tech is getting faster very quickly
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AutoPilotOn
With yearly releases and it being able to max speeds due to no battery and better cooling its catch up quicker than u think
matem8904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 matem8904
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
Its an interesting concept, may be a great tool in the right hands.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AutoPilotOn
They are sending out march 28. Kinda excited to try the controller
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points