should i get ipad 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SLAMMIN23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 SLAMMIN23
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts

didnt know there was a forum for this on here i posted in the computer forum before i never bought a ipad before and i like this first one my bro has but i want the hd resolution thats on this one and the other stuff should i get one since i never bought one before cause im thinking of getting the ipad 3

BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
I got one and I love it so far. I didn't come from another iPad either, I came from a Kindle Fire... which wasn't doing it for me.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts
Well, it depends on what you will use it for. iPads looks nice but there is no purpose for me to use it, so I didn't buy one.
Primevil702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Primevil702
Member since 2005 • 911 Posts

Depends on what you need it for. I actually just upgraded from an iPad 2 to the "new" iPad, solely because of the new display. With few exceptions, I stopped buying dead tree books quite some time ago. So, having a device to read on away from the computer is great; the iPad 2 was great, this new iPad is just that much better. Schematics and technical drawings are absolutely razor sharp, I don't even have to zoom in on my PDF's anymore. With that said, I won't be upgrading for probably 3 years or so. Unless the battery technology changes significantly, which I sincerly doubt, there's nothing really worth upgrading for.

Ever since Star Trek introduced me to the idea of tablets with their incarnations, the PADDs, I've always wanted one. My real computing is done on a desktop, the tablet is the invaluable companion to it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Well for me it holds no purpose.

But I'll tell you that it has a great variety of apps, good graphics, 1080p res, HD Movies and gaming, multimedia support, great social networking on the go, great for traveling, comfortable on the hands, and a great display.

Now if you're a hardcore gamer, I wouldn't recommend it but if you travel a lot and want to take pictures, play video games, and do all that neat stuff then I'd get it.

TF626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TF626
Member since 2010 • 593 Posts
This is my second experience with an iPad. I bought the original but wasn't pleased with it at all, and ended up selling it. I felt two years ago the iPad still had a lot of maturing to do, and while it had some cool apps, I felt like it would be a better investment in two years, I was skeptical about buying the new one, but when I heard about the display I figured it would be an added incentive to get myself an iPad. I am currently an iPhone owner and didn't know I really needed one since my iPhone does quite a bit. But with the iPad maturing and just scratching the surface of what this thing can do I am pretty pleased with it so far, in fact I haven't touched my laptop since I got it Friday. Now don't get me wrong this thing isn't going to replace your laptop because I prefer my laptop for getting work done, and also editing video and pictures. If you have some disposable income I'd recommend it. I probably won't ever bring my laptop home from now on. For me the iPad is the ultimate all in one device. You can watch movies on it, listen to music, surf the Internet, stay in contact with video chat, social networking, playing games, it is truly an awesome device if you look at it that way. I will say the games are great, but nothing like a console game in terms of controls. I'm still getting used to the touch controls but have found a few gems on the iPad such as Real Racing 2, Infinity Blade, and Air Supremacy. It's a great device if you treat as such. It's definitely not a laptop replacement.