Sharp recently announced the Aquos Crystal, a mid range smartphone with a bezel-less design on the top and sides of the display. The device will be launching with Sprint in the US for $239 USD off contract.
- 5.0 inch 1280 x 720 display
- Android 4.4.2
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8926)
- 1.5 GB RAM
- 8 GB internal storage
- microSD card slot (up to 128 GB)
- Rear 8 MP camera with flash
- Front 1.2 MP camera
- 4G LTE | BT 4.0 | WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 2040 mAh Li-Ion battery
- 131 x 67 x 10 mm | 141 g
Sharp had also announced a 5.5 inch version, the Aquos Crystal X, with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801, a 1080p display and other improved specifications. The Aquos Crystal X measures in at 139 x 73 x 11 mm and has only been announced in Japan.