OnePlus 5T destroys iPhone X in speed test.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 0

#1 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

The holy grail of Apple fanboys have been the speed tests. But here we have an unusual turn of events. A phone that costs exactly HALF comfortably beats the iPhone X. Seems like Apple has cheaped out on the ram on the iPhone X. That's right cheaped out on a $1000 phone. Only Apple can do that and get away with it as sheep will keep giving them their money.

https://youtu.be/qARozmOb9PY

And don't even try to discredit the methodology of the test as this exact test was used to demonstrate the "generations ahead" superiority of the iPhone 7. ?

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

@Gambler_3 said:

And don't even try to discredit the methodology of the test as this exact test was used to demonstrate the "generations ahead" superiority of the iPhone 7. ?

It was just as ridiculous then as it is now. Video bloggers love it and it gets lots of clicks, but it's not something that's going to tell you too much about the performance of a device.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#3 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

@NVIDIATI: It actually shows us that huge amounts of ram isn't just a marketing number and has real world benefits. A 6GB Galaxy S8+ also beat a 4GB S8. The Pixel 2 XL does not dominate these tests either because Google has also cheaped out on the ram given the price of the phone. Ram is the number one spec in determining the longevity of an Android phone. Right now only phones with 6GB or more ram are clearing these tests without breaking a sweat.

FrFries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 FrFries
Member since 2018 • 23 Posts

Five years ago, I found that Apple and Iphones were so smart and different. Now, when I see iphones, I find their look is so old compared to android phones (one + 5t vs S8).