FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

It uses full Unreal Engine 4, not the mobile version! Battery is short, but that's the price when this little tablet can run FULL games in a tiny screen and rescales in a TV. The Nintendo Switch is the perfect mobile gaming device that Apple wish it could make.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

In terms of gaming, I don't think anyone is going to disagree. The iPad Pro 9.7" only lasts ~3.5 hours with the GPU running a mobile workload with Metal API, so the battery of the Switch isn't that bad relative to its workload, which is far more demanding.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

I don't think you realize that by you comparing Nintendo's newest gaming-only focused console to Apple's mobile computing tablet, you're actually giving Apple a lot more credit in the mobile gaming space than you intended.

Pretty glad to see you're excited about the Switch, though. This will officially be my 10th Nintendo gaming device purchased throughout the companies entire timeline.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

I don't think you realize that by you comparing Nintendo's newest gaming-only focused console to Apple's mobile computing tablet, you're actually giving Apple a lot more credit in the mobile gaming space than you intended.

Pretty glad to see you're excited about the Switch, though. This will officially be my 10th Nintendo gaming device purchased throughout the companies entire timeline.

iPad Pro can't run Skyrim, sorry!

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mister-Man

@FireEmblem_Man: No one wants to see Skyrim on a tablet, That's what my PC, PS4 or Xbox One is for. Good lord you are so desperate to undermine Apples consistent dominance over Android that you're now pitting a mobile against Nintendos console. lmfao, loser

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

@FireEmblem_Man: No one wants to see Skyrim on a tablet, That's what my PC, PS4 or Xbox One is for. Good lord you are so desperate to undermine Apples consistent dominance over Android that you're now pitting a mobile against Nintendos console. lmfao, loser

LOL! And you said you use your crappy iPad Pro for gaming!

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@mister-man: Be it android or ios why does it always feel like people have barely dipped into the app stores. I found loads games perusing itunes and google play that were originally console games

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mister-Man

@Celsius765: Satire post? Or serious?

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Celsius765

@mister-man: serious. For example on iTunes I've found past grand theft auto games, some final fantasy, and the ace attorney games. I've found some of those on android too though itunes has way more

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#10 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

iPads can do a lot of tablet stuff the Switch can't. As for gaming, even though the Switch is a dedicated gaming platform, the sheer selection on the Apple store is something Nintendo will never get close to. With that said, I would still prefer gaming on the Switch.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mister-Man

I also don't think FireEmblemMan realizes there are actually "Full" games on iOS, whatever the heck "Full games" is supposed to mean.

I'm getting a Switch for the most obvious reasons. You can't play Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros or Metroid anywhere else. (Pretty much like how you can only have certain experiences on an iPad) Now I get to bring Smash with me everywhere!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

I also don't think FireEmblemMan realizes there are actually "Full" games on iOS, whatever the heck "Full games" is supposed to mean.

I'm getting a Switch for the most obvious reasons. You can't play Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros or Metroid anywhere else. (Pretty much like how you can only have certain experiences on an iPad) Now I get to bring Smash with me everywhere!

Full games, meaning you can play them fully and not spend 3 min in time! LOL

Switch Custom Tegra SoC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Apple's shitty A10x SoC!

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mister-Man

@FireEmblem_Man: A round of Vainglory takes anywhere between 20-35 minutes. That's just one round.

All the console ports and Sony/Nintendo handheld ports.

Please tell me how there are no full games on tablets, or is it just the Android/Windows tablet landscape lacking that bad

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mister-Man

I am in LOVE with my switch!!! <333

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#16 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

The new Zelda looks incredible.

ledgescha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ledgescha
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

None of this is me saying Nintendo will start killing Apple. That's never going to happen. It's going to continue making millions off of games other people make. The point of all of this is to say Nintendo is filling this gap left empty by the Cupertino company because it was too busy making wristwear to see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
Member since 2016 • 372 Posts

@mister-man said:

@Celsius765: Satire post? Or serious?

I came in just to see...still can't tell. Gotta be a joke rite?

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Celsius765

@itstotallymike: not at all. I've searched the play store for example and found ports of older gta games, somic, and final fantasy. There might be more who knows. Itunes has some of those same games and the Phoenix Wright series( tho gotta wonder how well the gta fames run on mobile)

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mister-Man

@ledgescha: Apple and Nintendo aren't in any competition to each other. At all.

Apple is a technology company that accomodates games on several of its platforms.

Nintendo is a gaming company that accomodates technology on several of its platforms.

... but if this were a size comparison... Let's just say Apple is roughly 40 times bigger than Nintendo.

Nintendo releasing the switch in a highly focused videogame environment is not putting a dent, more less a gust of wind on Apple's relevancy.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#21 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Hahahahhha gaming on Apple devices. Shillllll

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mister-Man

@Blabadon: The billion dollar market in Apple's ecosystem does not lie. ;)