Mobile world Congress 2012

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

Lets start with something big and something great (for most of you anyway).

The new rumoured 2ghz exynos will be in a new tablet by samsung. That resolution is pretty damn impressive... its like tablets are now overtaking laptops and PC's... What the hell?

Keep it in here for any great articles for us to keep an eye out for.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mystic_knight
The new pad phone will be an interesting concept.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

I want to see some quad-core phones with ICS.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mystic_knight

I want to see some quad-core phones with ICS.

Rikusaki
You definitely will, they call this years MWC a quad core show. Interesting news, with the abandonment of Galaxy s 3 on MWC, New rumours indicate a showcase of a Galaxy Note s
SofiaBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SofiaBrown
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Kochar Infotech is also going to participate in the MWC 2012.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Just waiting to see some Tizen devices.
MisterG333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MisterG333
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Currently have a DInc, am waiting for a quadCore Tegra3 with ICS. Supposedly HTC Endeavor (One X), LG X3 and potentially Atrix 3 are within the mix. Excited!

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mystic_knight
HTC one x Is damn beautiful and is certified to be my next phone.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

HTC one x Is damn beautiful and is certified to be my next phone.mystic_knight
Nice phone, but does it really need that Beats by Dre crap.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mystic_knight

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]HTC one x Is damn beautiful and is certified to be my next phone.NVIDIATI

Nice phone, but does it really need that Beats by Dre crap.

No but all other factors besides that have been deciding factors. honestly they thought it was a great marketing plan introducing this beats rubbish, its sad how it hasn't helped them.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]

Lets start with something big and something great (for most of you anyway).

The new rumoured 2ghz exynos will be in a new tablet by samsung. That resolution is pretty damn impressive... its like tablets are now overtaking laptops and PC's... What the hell?

Keep it in here for any great articles for us to keep an eye out for.

It's not just tablets going with insane overkill resolutions the samsung galaxy s3 is rumored to have a 1080p 4.8" screen. At this point that should be the maximum resolution we should see 2560x1600 on tablets and 1920x1080 on phones is already way more then is needed for such small size. http://www.online-news-today.com/9066/samsung-galaxy-s3-rumoured-to-sport-a-quad-core-processor-a-1080p-display-and-run-ice-cream-sandwich Also the reason pc/laptop resolution has lagged behind is due to combination of price and the fact that windows is pixel based. You can easily get a monitor with 1920x1080 resolution for under $200 but moving up to a 2560x1440/1600 monitor and you have to spend 5-7 times as much that's way to expensive for the average consumer and for people who really need the extra resolution more practical to go with a multimonitor setup instead. The pixel based windows desktop environment means as you go up in resolution additional space is added to the sides of the screens for all the extra pixels so you can see more on screen at once but also means text and icons all appear to be smaller unlike how android works which will scale everything so even if you increase the resolution text and icons look the same size on same size screens. This makes things to small for most people to comfortably see things at higher resolution especially as you go down in screen sizes.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mystic_knight
Damn seriously... i might have to put off purchasing the HTC one x.... I must admit though tegra 3 using old architecture may be a silly move.
sunrise2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sunrise2012
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Seriously....... Quadcores in smartphones now.... It will be interesting though how they are planning on to manage heat from within the system.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Seriously....... Quadcores in smartphones now.... It will be interesting though how they are planning on to manage heat from within the system.sunrise2012
I don't know if that would be too much of a concern, for example newer chips such as the Qualcomm's Krait will be 28nm. Not to mention you can run a quadcore at a lower clock/voltage to achieve the same performance of a single or dual core at a higher clock/voltage.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mystic_knight

[QUOTE="sunrise2012"]Seriously....... Quadcores in smartphones now.... It will be interesting though how they are planning on to manage heat from within the system.NVIDIATI

I don't know if that would be too much of a concern, for example newer chips such as the Qualcomm's Krait will be 28nm. Not to mention you can run a quadcore at a lower clock/voltage to achieve the same performance of a single or dual core at a higher clock/voltage.

I would imagine the tegra through would run low most of the time thanks to its companion core and only really warm up when playing tegra 3 games. I must admit i wish the htc one xl would come to australia, id rather the s4 than the tegra 3 but ill still be happy with the tegra 3. A very close 2nd place for me.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mystic_knight
Who wants to make the android forums first roll call