Meocross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Meocross
Member since 2018 • 7 Posts

I'm looking for a good tablet and i don't know what to buy, i'm looking for something that is 2GB Ram, 16GB Space and no more than $150

Also looking for a tablet with a SIM slot, is unlocked and has no less than 1GB of Ram.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I think your options are pretty much limited to the Amazon Fire and the Galaxy Tab. The fire never appealed to me because they lock you into using the Amazon ecosystem, and I had a bad experience with Galaxy phones because of their bloatware (dunno if it's as big a problem on their tablets). The Asus Zenpad looks like a solid tablet, but it's a little out of your price range (worth saving up a while longer, if you ask me). Too bad they discontinued the Shield, it was one of the best tablets out there IMHO. A little more expensive than your budget, but still would've been worth it if they were still making it.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@meocross:Moved to Mobile forum

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Can't speak to your second request, but for that first tablet I'd say the Asus Zenpad isn't too bad, and it fits all your requirements plus has a micro SD card slot if you ever want to expand beyond that 16 GB.

It's currently going for around $130 if you're interested, here's a link.

Jbail02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Jbail02
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

Hi im not sure what you want but you should look in your local IT stores

terinsuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By terinsuke
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

I'm interested in buying a tablet, and I've always had Desktops I've built myself, it's a bit new for me, and I'm looking for advice and feedback on different products.

The things I want to be doing with the tablet:

• Watching movies/shows
  • Reading manga/books
  • browsing the internet
  • running a D&D campaign
  • play music on Bluetooth speakers
  • from time to time, take notes and brainstorm ideas on it (I am a programmer)
  • maybe start to practice drawing and buy a stylet for it

It's a very generic use of a tablet I feel, but I'm afraid if I go for a tablet and not a Tactile computer, I'll feel too restricted by the OS and being only and to do things through Apps.

I want it to be big enough (I feel like 10 inches is a bare minimum).

In terms of budget, I wouldn't want to go over 1000€, but I'm a little flexible if I find the perfect product and it happens to be a bit over that max.

One last thing is that I'm really not a big fan of Apple and iOS, so I'd probably avoid iPads, but it's not a complete no if everyone recommends a certain model.

Thank you so much for any recommendation or advice you will give me. https://xender.vip/

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46230 Posts

Samsung ones are quite cheap. I think the Oneplus tablet is great too.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46230 Posts

@terinsuke: I go the samsung tab s8 plus, I think it fits the bill. Or the step above that is the s8 ultra.