Is your phone enough?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

Specifiaction wise? How is the CPU power and amount of RAM available holding up? Just curious. I see some people getting along just fine with 512mb while others are saying 1gb isn't enough. Same with CPU's. Some are just fine with 1Ghz Single Cores and others aren't happy with a 1.5Ghz Dual Core. I understand that it's how you use your phone. So I am asking. How do you use your phone and are the specs enough? Personally, I'm just fine with 512mb of RAM and a 1Ghz Dual Core. Everything runs as it should without a hiccup. And that includes quite a bit of gaming. Albiet not too terribly heavy (Minecraft and Ashault 7 probably being the heaviest).

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts
No, I want 1080p "HTC DROID DNA" cus its 1080P!
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

No.

4.2.1 is too buggy on the Galaxy Nexus. And it's slow.

I would rather have a 1080p display. And AMOLED screens have way too many imperfections.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

My GS2 is still holding up really well. And even comparing it to the Iphone5 I just can't see much that I would want from it.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
My nexus 4 comes in the mail tomorrow, but my Galaxy Nexus was more then enough for me. I simply browse the web and listen to music.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#6 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

My nexus S certainly would do well with a CPU and ram upgrade, rest of the stuff is still great so overall its still a satisfying smartphone experience. I dont have the money right now to upgrade so I have to make the most out of it.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I'd like a faster phone than my xperia Arc S. But it serves me well.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

600mhz ARMv6 master race

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
No, my LG 2X stutters just playing music. :x
arlen2411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 arlen2411
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts
My Google Nexus 2 is fine for me for most of the stuff...although previous HTC Z was not.
Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts
I always want MOAR!!! My Galaxy Note has 1GB Ram and is Dual Core clocked at 1.6GHz ( OC )
leeveeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 leeveeu
Member since 2003 • 3405 Posts
My Galaxy S2 is more than enough.
SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts
If your phone feels clunky just get a custom rom, it'll be more responsive and way smoother
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
My Sensation is still fine, well wouldn't mind a better gpu now games are staring to really push mobile devices but still runs even new game at a decent speed. Besides games there would be no reason to upgrade.
If your phone feels clunky just get a custom rom, it'll be more responsive and way smootherSPBoss
even the right custom launcher can make a world of difference and if you have a old phone closing apps your not using can make a big difference.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Yeah my atrix 2 is perfectly fine with its 1ghz dual-core cpu and 1gb of ram does everything I need well. I mean sure I'd like a bigger higher resolution amoled screen but defintely not hurting for an upgrade anytime soon. I'd rather buy a nice tablet with the money it would cost me to buy a new phone right now. Phones will only get better with time anyways so when I do upgrade I'll be able to get something with even better specs or go with an older phone for a cheaper price.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
sure is. Until recently i was with a 1ghz 512mb galaxy s and was doing great but i bought a galaxy s3 last month ( the international version with quad core ) and i expect to last me at least 18-24 months just as my galaxy s did
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 adamosmaki
No, I want 1080p "HTC DROID DNA" cus its 1080P!me2002
that phone is great and all but HTC made a huge mistake that make this phone a failure It comes only with 16gb memory of which only 11gb are usable and no MicroSd slot Really HTC? you put a great phone with one of the best screens ( if not the best ) a great cpu/gpu and only 11gb ? No wonder their market share is falling
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gmaster456
[QUOTE="me2002"]No, I want 1080p "HTC DROID DNA" cus its 1080P!adamosmaki
that phone is great and all but HTC made a huge mistake that make this phone a failure It comes only with 16gb memory of which only 11gb are usable and no MicroSd slot Really HTC? you put a great phone with one of the best screens ( if not the best ) a great cpu/gpu and only 11gb ? No wonder their market share is falling

Average consumers don't really care about that stuff. Ask any average joe how much memory their phone has and I doubt they could tell you. You'll get an answer like "Umm. I don't know. I think its "X" gigs". Although I do agree. 11gb is paltry, and for those that say "the cloud is where things are going", the cloud isn't an option for everyone, and even for people like me where it is, I'll always prefer local storage. Always.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="me2002"]No, I want 1080p "HTC DROID DNA" cus its 1080P!gmaster456

Average consumers don't really care about that stuff. Ask any average joe how much memory their phone has and I doubt they could tell you. You'll get an answer like "Umm. I don't know. I think its "X" gigs". Although I do agree. 11gb is paltry, and for those that say "the cloud is where things are going", the cloud isn't an option for everyone, and even for people like me where it is, I'll always prefer local storage. Always.

True most consumers dont know but as soon as they start shooting 1080p video and download a couple of HD games and all of a sudden there is no more space then is only going to hurt HTC image on the average consumer. In this day and age for a high end phone not having expandable storage via microSD is a crime. Or at least make it with 32gb.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
My Nexus 4 is more then enough. I am loving it right now. :) It's the smoothest and fastest OS I have ever used on a phone.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="me2002"]No, I want 1080p "HTC DROID DNA" cus its 1080P!adamosmaki

Who says it is is htc and not verision or whatever phone company? The only htc phones you can get in nz is either the one x which has 32gb which is more than enough or cheaper ones with sd card slots. sure sd slots are nice but people make it out as being sooooo important when really it isn't. Google is as much to blame about lack of sd card slots as htc or sony, they have push for phone makes to just use internal storage. The one x is the only highend htc phone that matters this year as nothing else will be found outside america. HTC still pretty much makes the best phones after Samsung and they tend to be better value. 10-25% more for a s3 than one x...I'd pick the one x just based on price and it is a great phone in many other ways.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="adamosmaki"] that phone is great and all but HTC made a huge mistake that make this phone a failure It comes only with 16gb memory of which only 11gb are usable and no MicroSd slot Really HTC? you put a great phone with one of the best screens ( if not the best ) a great cpu/gpu and only 11gb ? No wonder their market share is falling

True most consumers dont know but as soon as they start shooting 1080p video and download a couple of HD games and all of a sudden there is no more space then is only going to hurt HTC image on the average consumer. In this day and age for a high end phone not having expandable storage via microSD is a crime. Or at least make it with 32gb.

I think Google really shot themself in the foot when they tried to push to just have internal memory to get around the lack of internal storage space on many old phone ie htc desire 512rom was a joke. Google should have just said you have to have no less than 4gb for apps and os if you have a sd card slot or no less than 32gb if you don't have one...I think this could lead to windows 8 really becoming big if android has this limitation as it's the open nature that has made it popular...locked down storage on many devices in particular sony devices (4gb usable and no sd slot is a joke) lack of storage and users will look elsewhere. Considering the one x+ has 64gb storage I'd say this problem will soon go away, just 2012 will be remembered as the year of lack of sd card slots and lack of storage on many devices. Why would you need a sd card slot if you have 32+ gb storage?
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gambler_3

HTC has done a good job with the pricing this year.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts
I have an xperia u which i am happy with overall. I wont be going for an upgrade any time soon. the one thing that does irk me a bit from time to time though is the screen. it's a bit too small and its very narrow.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gambler_3

I have an xperia u which i am happy with overall. I wont be going for an upgrade any time soon. the one thing that does irk me a bit from time to time though is the screen. it's a bit too small and its very narrow.osan0
Never understood why so many manufacturers are using 16:9 ratio for such small screens. If the xperia U had the same ratio as the iphone 4S then it will be a completely different phone.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gmaster456
it's a bit too small and its very narrow.osan0
How do you think iPhone users feel?
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
Yes it is. I have the original Galaxy S on 2.3.6 and can't upgrade until the end of this year but it more than suits my needs right now. I can still play most games available on the Play Store and it runs all the emulators perfectly well which is what I mainly use it for.
fireiyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fireiyt
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
512mb of RAM and a 1Ghz Dual Core really not enough for me,for i like playing big games. and which need more space to operate the games.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gmaster456
512mb of RAM and a 1Ghz Dual Core really not enough for me,for i like playing big games. and which need more space to operate the games.fireiyt
The only issue I've had with it is not enough RAM for web browsing with 6-9 tabs open. It's been able to run every game I've thrown at it, All that being said, I've since upgraded to a Nexus 4 for all it's Stock android, 2gb of RAM, Quad Core goodness.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts
Yes it is. I have the original Galaxy S on 2.3.6 and can't upgrade until the end of this year but it more than suits my needs right now. I can still play most games available on the Play Store and it runs all the emulators perfectly well which is what I mainly use it for. MonoSilver
Galaxy S is a great phone, it can even run ICS and JB with custom roms.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gmaster456
[QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Yes it is. I have the original Galaxy S on 2.3.6 and can't upgrade until the end of this year but it more than suits my needs right now. I can still play most games available on the Play Store and it runs all the emulators perfectly well which is what I mainly use it for. kraken2109

I agree. It is a great phone.
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MonoSilver
[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="MonoSilver"]Yes it is. I have the original Galaxy S on 2.3.6 and can't upgrade until the end of this year but it more than suits my needs right now. I can still play most games available on the Play Store and it runs all the emulators perfectly well which is what I mainly use it for. gmaster456

I agree too. :) I am looking forward to upgrade time but am more than happy with my S1. I'll miss it when it's gone. I've never felt the need to put a custom rom on it as it works perfectly fine as it is.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gmaster456
[QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="kraken2109"] Galaxy S is a great phone, it can even run ICS and JB with custom roms.

I agree too. :) I am looking forward to upgrade time but am more than happy with my S1. I'll miss it when it's gone. I've never felt the need to put a custom rom on it as it works perfectly fine as it is.

You could always keep it as a back up should anything ever happen to the S4 you'll be getting ;)
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="kraken2109"] Galaxy S is a great phone, it can even run ICS and JB with custom roms.

i still use my GS1 even though i got a GS3 not long ago. Great phone and still surprises me games even demanding ones run relatively good on it . The only flaw of the phone was the lack of flash but no biggie .
MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonoSilver
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="MonoSilver"][QUOTE="gmaster456"] I agree. It is a great phone.

i still use my GS1 even though i got a GS3 not long ago. Great phone and still surprises me games even demanding ones run relatively good on it . The only flaw of the phone was the lack of flash but no biggie .

Yeah no flash is annoying. I can't really use the camera in low light.
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

I got a S3 a few days ago because my Razr battery life took a hit for some reason. I'm in love with the S3 and can see it lasting me until my next upgrade no problems.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#40 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I have an htc desire and it serves its purpose. Since my contract is up in august, I might get myself one of those 1080p phones that will come out. I find that the desire screen is way too small for me and let's be honest the phone is out of date by a long shot ... and ugly too

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
lol Droid DNA Battery life is atrocious
WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts
My EVO 3D was great, but the software was pure crap, HTC really didn't care about supporting it Galaxy SIII on the other hand is fantastic, except the messaging keyboard is the poorest I have ever used
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gambler_3

My EVO 3D was great, but the software was pure crap, HTC really didn't care about supporting it Galaxy SIII on the other hand is fantastic, except the messaging keyboard is the poorest I have ever usedWWIAB
Not happy with a system app? Time to experience the power of android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey.phone.trial&hl=en

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="WWIAB"]My EVO 3D was great, but the software was pure crap, HTC really didn't care about supporting it Galaxy SIII on the other hand is fantastic, except the messaging keyboard is the poorest I have ever usedGambler_3

Not happy with a system app? Time to experience the power of android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey.phone.trial&hl=en

sucks you cant use the predictions in url search bar

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#45 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I don't have many complaints about my Droid Razr.

Avatar image for jesuschristmonk
jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jesuschristmonk
Member since 2009 • 3308 Posts

I have an HTC Rezound, and I'm fine with it. It stands as my main mobile internet browser, flashlight, camera/camcorder, GPS, document viewer (for school) and I also love using the music identifier if I don't know a song that's being played. I've played a couple games on it, but my iPod touch has been my main mobile gaming device for a couple years now.

Since I've been getting bored with the Touch's, I decided to get a Nexus 7, and turn that into my music/video player, and mobile gaming device.

So in terms; No. My phone is not enough.

If I do some light texting on it, maybe occasional internet use, it could last me a little over a day on a charge, but I try to always plug it in before I go to sleep every night. Using it more than that (especially if I use Chrome) will kill the battery life in a few hours (even less with using Chrome lol).

But I guess that's really normal on all smartphones.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gmaster456

I have an HTC Rezound, and I'm fine with it. It stands as my main mobile internet browser, flashlight, camera/camcorder, GPS, document viewer (for school) and I also love using the music identifier if I don't know a song that's being played. I've played a couple games on it, but my iPod touch has been my main mobile gaming device for a couple years now.

Since I've been getting bored with the Touch's, I decided to get a Nexus 7, and turn that into my music/video player, and mobile gaming device.

If I do some light texting on it, maybe occasional internet use, it could last me a little over a day on a charge, but I try to always plug it in before I go to sleep every night. Using it more than that (especially if I use Chrome) will kill the battery life in a few hours (even less with using Chrome lol).

jesuschristmonk
Yeah. I'd like to see less focus on specs and more focus on battery technology. If you want more than a day and a half of moderate usage, basically your only option is the Droid Razr Maxx (whatever the latest one is). I find that unacceptable rolling into 2013.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"]

gmaster456

Yeah. I'd like to see less focus on specs and more focus on battery technology. If you want more than a day and a half of moderate usage, basically your only option is the Droid Razr Maxx (whatever the latest one is). I find that unacceptable rolling into 2013.

Samsung has just launched a 3000mah extended battery for galaxy S3. This is OEM battery not from a third party and samsung will provide a new battery cover as well with it.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"]

gmaster456

Or the note 2 with a 3100 mAh battery.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"]

DroidPhysX

Or the note 2 with a 3100 mAh battery.

still though it would be great to actually do something about battery technology since both Note II and Razr despite having excellent battery life the battery is based on the same current technology and both devices sacrifice a bit on the dimension site of thinks to achieve those batteries. Note II been a phablet it allowed it to be fitted with a 3100mah battery and Razr is a bit on the heavy side with 157gr in order to get that nice 3300mah battery