How to speed up my phone? Galaxy S2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Daanyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Daanyal
Member since 2009 • 773 Posts

Hi,

I have a GS2, and it's starting to slow down on me. It used to be as smooth as an iPhone, but now, not so much. Are there any apps, or things I can do to make it out-of-the-box fast again?

Also, any recommendations for games? I like FPS, and tower defense, but I'm open to anything.

Thanks

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I very frequently clear out my RAM, so I don't think it's that.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Clear out the app cache, when did you last restart? Is your memory getting full? Have you got lots of apps running? go and close them. As for games Nova 3, Shadowgun and Mass Effect are all awesome. Asphalt 6 is an awesome arcade racer.
Daanyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Daanyal
Member since 2009 • 773 Posts

Clear out the app cache, when did you last restart? Is your memory getting full? Have you got lots of apps running? go and close them. As for games Nova 3, Shadowgun and Mass Effect are all awesome. Asphalt 6 is an awesome arcade racer. imprezawrx500

App cache? What's that?

Also, got Dead Trigger, epic game, and it's free! Unfortunately, the reason for it going free isn't so good.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 imprezawrx500
settings > storage > make more space available. What's wrong with dead trigger? do you have to pay for everything in game?
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Install a custom rom.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Clear out the app cache, when did you last restart? Is your memory getting full? Have you got lots of apps running? go and close them. As for games Nova 3, Shadowgun and Mass Effect are all awesome. Asphalt 6 is an awesome arcade racer. imprezawrx500

cache speeds things up. thats the opposite of what he'd want to do.

main thing u want to OP is mod ur phone with a custom kernal, root, and OS ROM.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#7 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

Restart your phone? Thats pretty much always the best way to speed up things.

And check your running services to see what third party apps are running that werent there out of the box. Uninstall those apps that you dont need and yet run in background all the time.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imprezawrx500

[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]Clear out the app cache, when did you last restart? Is your memory getting full? Have you got lots of apps running? go and close them. As for games Nova 3, Shadowgun and Mass Effect are all awesome. Asphalt 6 is an awesome arcade racer. painguy1

cache speeds things up. thats the opposite of what he'd want to do.

main thing u want to OP is mod ur phone with a custom kernal, root, and OS ROM.

Yes the apps need the cache but if you never delete it they will run slower over time, it's like the temp files on a computer, they just get bigger and bigger if you never clear them out and yes a custom rom might be faster but the point is his phone is slower than it used to be.