How good is your battery?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

The one x was returned due to how poor the battery life is, I got the One XL with the snapdragon S4 and the results were night and day. The phone has much more stamina.

Here is a photo showing my phone lasting 2 and a half days with mild to slightly moderate usage. (about an hour of gaming, 2 hours of phone calls, 30 or so sms's.) My 4g was very rarely on, as it was connected to wifi most of the time.

Screen on time is below.

So guys how is your battery life

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
I have an extended battery for my Xperia Play and it's actually pretty good. With just moderate use, it can last over a week without dropping below 50%. With heavy gaming, it can last about 15 hours
Mozuckint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Mozuckint
Member since 2012 • 831 Posts

On heavy Usage, My Nexus S on heavy usage tops out at about 7 hours.

The way I usually use it moderately and killing apps whenever possible along with having it off when not in use, it will range anywhere from 12-19 hours.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#4 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

This is the best I once managed.

560050_10151741977235316_125826071_n.jpg

My data connection was always on with weather widget set to update every hour. My main usage was lots and lots of texting on whatsapp and sms with 25% brightness and strong haptic feedback. I forgot to take other screen shots to see the screen on time probably wont be that good due to the enormous standy time given. I'll post about some really heavy usage day and how it fares then.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Sensation one day easy with moderate to heavy use, I'm someone who never really lets my battery go out of the green so wouldn't really know, but probably around 2 -3 days, depends how much video I watch or games I play, games are big killers. Today around 3 hours of video 2 or so hours of music, some txts, maybe 30min internet down to around 32% after 17 hours.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mystic_knight

Hmmm I thought the sensation was not much better than the desire hd for battery life, it seems i may have been mistaken.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gambler_3

Hmmm I thought the sensation was not much better than the desire hd for battery life, it seems i may have been mistaken.

mystic_knight

It's better than desire HD but not among the best either. Desire HD is like the worst battery life on any android phone, I dont think there is a phone with a worse battery size/screen size ratio. :P

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mystic_knight

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]

Gambler_3

It's better than desire HD but not among the best either. Desire HD is like the worst battery life on any android phone, I dont think there is a phone with a worse battery size/screen size ratio. :P

It was pretty bad wasn't it -_-' oh well it had everything else going for it.
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts
[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]

mystic_knight

It was pretty bad wasn't it -_-' oh well it had everything else going for it.

I I have a Droid Razr Maxx and get crazy battery life. I average about 6 hours of display time with tons of other cpu usage and wifi and background processes before i hit 15%
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gambler_3

I I have a Droid Razr Maxx and get crazy battery life. I average about 6 hours of display time with tons of other cpu usage and wifi and background processes before i hit 15%streetridaz
You make me jealous. :cry:

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mystic_knight

[QUOTE="streetridaz"] I I have a Droid Razr Maxx and get crazy battery life. I average about 6 hours of display time with tons of other cpu usage and wifi and background processes before i hit 15%Gambler_3

Yeh but you are talking about the benchmark of phones for superior battery life.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imprezawrx500

[QUOTE="streetridaz"] I I have a Droid Razr Maxx and get crazy battery life. I average about 6 hours of display time with tons of other cpu usage and wifi and background processes before i hit 15%Gambler_3

maybe you could find yourself a nice big 3rd party battery. In a perfect world you could use your phone all day and only have to charge once a week.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="streetridaz"] I I have a Droid Razr Maxx and get crazy battery life. I average about 6 hours of display time with tons of other cpu usage and wifi and background processes before i hit 15%imprezawrx500

maybe you could find yourself a nice big 3rd party battery. In a perfect world you could use your phone all day and only have to charge once a week.

My phone is already pretty thick man so thats not really an option. The razr maxx is so thin and yet has such a battery, thats what really is amazing about it.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I think my Captivate needs a new battery. It can't go a day of moderate use without hitting less than 10%. Even on standby it can't last past 2 days.

blanewarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blanewarlock
Member since 2012 • 34 Posts
Mine lasts for about 15-16 hours with more than 50% usage being phone calls, with some social network and browsing on the side.
Revixe06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Revixe06
Member since 2008 • 1021 Posts

I have an extended battery for my Xperia Play and it's actually pretty good. With just moderate use, it can last over a week without dropping below 50%. With heavy gaming, it can last about 15 hoursSoulreavercross
I just got an Xperia Play. I'm glad to hear that. :D

Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Soulreavercross

[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]I have an extended battery for my Xperia Play and it's actually pretty good. With just moderate use, it can last over a week without dropping below 50%. With heavy gaming, it can last about 15 hoursRevixe06

with a battery saver (like juice defender), the regular 1500mAh battery should last a little under half the time frame i mentioned, because the extended battery I have is 3500mAh
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="Revixe06"]

[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]I have an extended battery for my Xperia Play and it's actually pretty good. With just moderate use, it can last over a week without dropping below 50%. With heavy gaming, it can last about 15 hoursSoulreavercross

with a battery saver (like juice defender), the regular 1500mAh battery should last a little under half the time frame i mentioned, because the extended battery I have is 3500mAh

Those battery savers don't do anything you can't do manually. All they do is disable mobile network, wifi etc. They are like task killers people think they need them when they don't.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gambler_3

An xperia play with extended battery must be the biggest brick ever. :P

WiiRocks66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 WiiRocks66
Member since 2007 • 3488 Posts

I have an LTE Nexus with the extended battery. And I get 10 hours at best. Typically, I get 6-8. Battery life sucks, but I was also running Jelly Bean the day it was announced, so I say it's a fair trade off.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gambler_3

LTE sucks I'll not use it even if I could dont know whats the fuss in wanting that much speed from a phone.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
Evo 4G LTE, stock everything. 8IIav.pngbXwrD.png Would have been better but I listened to a lot of music as well. Auto brightness, about 50/50 between 3G and Wifi. I don't really use any power saving measures.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mystic_knight

I tried my phone with 3g/lte off, and only wifi for getting stuff of market place.. ( i may have used 3g for about 15-20 minutes. About 2 hours worth of phone calls, 2.5 hours of screen time and about an hour of gaming i got 3 and a half days of usage before requiring a charge at 9%. ill post my screen shots later today.

Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Soulreavercross
[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"][QUOTE="Revixe06"]with a battery saver (like juice defender), the regular 1500mAh battery should last a little under half the time frame i mentioned, because the extended battery I have is 3500mAhimprezawrx500
Those battery savers don't do anything you can't do manually. All they do is disable mobile network, wifi etc. They are like task killers people think they need them when they don't.

I sometimes forget those things on or leave it idling so it helps me to conserve battery when i forget.

An xperia play with extended battery must be the biggest brick ever. :P

Gambler_3
It does add thickness but it's still smaller (and maybe the same thickness) as some of the current portable gaming devices. I use it as a gaming phone and the extra size is actually a plus for me cause I have a better and more comfortable grip when gaming
FallJeet01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FallJeet01
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I just got the Evo V 4g from virgin mobile and the battery life is pretty decent. Lasts me all day but with heavy usage I can watch it go down. Seems like once it gets to 14% it drains really quickly to nothing. I just moved so I'm probably going to have to switch to verizon now though and I might get the galaxy s3. I hate the way that phone looks though like a toy or something.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gambler_3

This is what I managed in a day of heavy usage. I just cant seem to get to the 4 hour mark it seems.

524255_10151863337245316_384408357_n.jpg

But I have to say my standy time is just too good. I slept for 6 hours with 4% battery and then let it snooze for 40 minutes with 10 minute intervals. It did not turn off heck I even manged to read my msgs before it turned off when I woke up. :o

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
My Xperia Arc S, with moderate usage (messaging, some calls, listening to music, reading and connected to 3g most of the time) can last 12 hours if lucky, which isn't too good if you ask me.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 imprezawrx500
wow that's pretty bad, about 14 hours on battery and still at 72% after some internet, txts, calls and maybe 30 mins of gaming on my sensation. I'm yet to find a way to kill it in a day, even Alpine replay running gps and playing music all day failed to kill it.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mystic_knight
wow that's pretty bad, about 14 hours on battery and still at 72% after some internet, txts, calls and maybe 30 mins of gaming on my sensation. I'm yet to find a way to kill it in a day, even Alpine replay running gps and playing music all day failed to kill it. imprezawrx500
Thats really impressive, running the gps on my phone will probably kill it in 4 hours or less.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gambler_3

wow that's pretty bad, about 14 hours on battery and still at 72% after some internet, txts, calls and maybe 30 mins of gaming on my sensation. I'm yet to find a way to kill it in a day, even Alpine replay running gps and playing music all day failed to kill it. imprezawrx500
You must not game and/or browse very much if you have never run off your battery in a day. It's about the on-screen time not total time....I am sure the guy with the arc S will have a lot more on-screen time in 12 hours than you have in 14 hours.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]wow that's pretty bad, about 14 hours on battery and still at 72% after some internet, txts, calls and maybe 30 mins of gaming on my sensation. I'm yet to find a way to kill it in a day, even Alpine replay running gps and playing music all day failed to kill it. mystic_knight
Thats really impressive, running the gps on my phone will probably kill it in 4 hours or less.

So will his phone....GPS being on in settings doesnt mean it is actually being used by anything.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mystic_knight

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"][QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]wow that's pretty bad, about 14 hours on battery and still at 72% after some internet, txts, calls and maybe 30 mins of gaming on my sensation. I'm yet to find a way to kill it in a day, even Alpine replay running gps and playing music all day failed to kill it. Gambler_3

So will his phone....GPS being on in settings doesnt mean it is actually being used by anything.

I suspect the same, but i am assuming impreza knows what he is talking about. Its nice to give the benefit of the doubt.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"] Thats really impressive, running the gps on my phone will probably kill it in 4 hours or less.mystic_knight

I suspect the same, but i am assuming impreza knows what he is talking about. Its nice to give the benefit of the doubt.

Whatever he is doing your phone would be able to last as well thats what I am saying unless he is using a huge extended battery.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mystic_knight

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"][QUOTE="Gambler_3"]So will his phone....GPS being on in settings doesnt mean it is actually being used by anything.

Gambler_3

Whatever he is doing your phone would be able to last as well thats what I am saying unless he is using a huge extended battery.

I dont think you can use an extended battery on that, just like the desire HD, the Aluminium frame, prevents larger batteries being made for it, you may get one with an extra 50 or 100 mah
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 imprezawrx500

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"][QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]wow that's pretty bad, about 14 hours on battery and still at 72% after some internet, txts, calls and maybe 30 mins of gaming on my sensation. I'm yet to find a way to kill it in a day, even Alpine replay running gps and playing music all day failed to kill it. Gambler_3

Ok I think I need to tell you what Alpine replay is, it is a ski app that can track where you are all the runs you do all day when you are airborne max speed etc, the gps is being used all the time. There is no way the gps is not being used. Sure it might not constantly be using it but it sure uses it a lot though out the day The gps icon is on the status bar all day, well for 7ish hours. A video uses around 5-10% per hour of playback on lowish brightness. I would probably get around 4 hours of 3d gaming. How you people find the time to browse the web all day or play games for hours is beyond me. If I'm going to play games i'm more likely to do it at home where the experience is much better. From the time I leave home till the time I get home during the week I would have an hour max to play games.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"] I suspect the same, but i am assuming impreza knows what he is talking about. Its nice to give the benefit of the doubt.mystic_knight

I dont think you can use an extended battery on that, just like the desire HD, the Aluminium frame, prevents larger batteries being made for it, you may get one with an extra 50 or 100 mah

You are half correct when I was using the app I had the original 1520mha battery but I now have a 1900mha battery that is the same size. Does last quite a bit longer
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mystic_knight
Sweet the 1900 mah is larger than my 1800 in the One XL, you should get awesome stamina out of that . Is it a mugen battery, They actually have th best after market battery in the world, it even outperforms all OEM batteries from my knowledge. i increased my 1220 battery on the desire hd to the 1500 mah and it ran a fair bit longer. I will never buy anything other than mugen for batteries.
mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

Here's what I managed with regular use on my phone (Galaxy Note):

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

And from my tablet (Galaxy Tab 7.7 WiFi):

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Both with all the regular settings on (WiFi, GPS, etc).

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mystic_knight
I didnt know the note had such good battery life... i can't imagine how you felt when you had the battery monitoring app :P
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]Sweet the 1900 mah is larger than my 1800 in the One XL, you should get awesome stamina out of that . Is it a mugen battery, They actually have th best after market battery in the world, it even outperforms all OEM batteries from my knowledge. i increased my 1220 battery on the desire hd to the 1500 mah and it ran a fair bit longer. I will never buy anything other than mugen for batteries.

It's an Anker battery, I see mugen has an 3600 extended one with a new back cover, I wouldn't go that far though Currently sitting on 1 day 16 hours with 34% left with normal use which is a hour or so of music some txts and an hours or so of internet per day and there was a 30min or something game session.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gambler_3

Well whatever that application is it sure isnt anything like GPS navigation, even a razr maxx would barely cut it for 7 hours.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts
I didnt know the note had such good battery life... i can't imagine how you felt when you had the battery monitoring app :Pmystic_knight
Oh yeah, that was a shocker!
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 imprezawrx500

Well whatever that application is it sure isnt anything like GPS navigation, even a razr maxx would barely cut it for 7 hours.

Gambler_3
or gps navigation is just programmed badly? I didn't use the screen much which is the biggest battery killer.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

imprezawrx500

or gps navigation is just programmed badly? I didn't use the screen much which is the biggest battery killer.

Nah GPU navigation screen is always on and internet is also being constantly used thats why its so draining.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 imprezawrx500

[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"][QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

Gambler_3

Nah GPU navigation screen is always on and internet is also being constantly used thats why its so draining.

See it's not actually gps that is the killer but the screen, we all know batteries are not up to long screen use on any device. gps navigation doesn't constantly use the internet and some don't use it at all once the maps are downloaded to your phone. google navigation only uses it for a bit to pre load the maps, the navigation actually works without it just you don't get a map. Might use 400kb which isn't very much.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"] or gps navigation is just programmed badly? I didn't use the screen much which is the biggest battery killer. imprezawrx500

See it's not actually gps that is the killer but the screen, we all know batteries are not up to long screen use on any device. gps navigation doesn't constantly use the internet and some don't use it at all once the maps are downloaded to your phone. google navigation only uses it for a bit to pre load the maps, the navigation actually works without it just you don't get a map. Might use 400kb which isn't very much.

Smartphones can playback videos for a pretty good time especially the low bitrate ones. I think maps is a pretty CPU intensive thing as well.

Avatar image for LstDrivenMchine
LstDrivenMchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 LstDrivenMchine
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts
HORRIBLE.! Already I've got most of my apps turned off and still my battery life sucks.! It's constantly connected to the laptop left to charge.
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Not great. My HTC Sensation is usually dead before the end of the day with moderate usage. On the lookout for an alternative third-party battery at the moment.

It was absolutely appalling before the ICS update. It would sit in my desk drawer at work not being used with the Wifi and 3G turned off, and by the time I left work it would be under 50%.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 imprezawrx500

Not great. My HTC Sensation is usually dead before the end of the day with moderate usage. On the lookout for an alternative third-party battery at the moment.

It was absolutely appalling before the ICS update. It would sit in my desk drawer at work not being used with the Wifi and 3G turned off, and by the time I left work it would be under 50%.

broken_bass_bin
Sounds like you have an issue with your battery, mine might drop 5% over 12 hours in standby mode. I'm yet to find a way to kill my battery in a day without playing games or spending hours on the internet.