**BREAKING NEWS** Google Reveals Design Standards for Android 4.0 at CES - 56k

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Have you been waiting for a more consistent Android expirience? The wait is almost over. Google has revealed design standrads for devs to follow.

"Mr. Duarte warns that if you choose to not follow the guide, your software will stand out -- and not in a good way."

These are guidelines, not mandates. Android is sticking to the open plan.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/12/google-design-standards-android-4-ice-cream-sandwich/

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Looks good! Hope my G2X gets ICS.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

I already have some apps that have been updated to the new ICS interface.

It's beautiful. I can't wait until all of my apps look like this.

MackAttack77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MackAttack77
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I'm holding out till middle of this year for a new phone. I can't wait for ICS.
cjek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cjek
Member since 2003 • 14327 Posts
Nice. The Asus Transformer gets in in February, but I might wait to install it, as I'm programming an app for it for my Computer Science final year project. Can't afford to take any risks :)
PipeBigboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 PipeBigboss
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts

Really, will update the transformer as soon as it is released

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Pretty sweet. I have my eye on the Galaxy Nexus, but my upgrade isn't untiil April. :(

Nino_ze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nino_ze
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts

looks great, hopefully HTC will announce it soon for the Desire Z

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

Nino_ze
Htc will probably state that your phone is under powered blah blah blah and we can give you this broken rom :? poor desire users who got shafted.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
[QUOTE="Nino_ze"]

mystic_knight
Htc will probably state that your phone is under powered blah blah blah and we can give you this broken rom :? poor desire users who got shafted.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1428866 Just about everything works, but the stock camera app is a little bit shaky. They'll fix that in time.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mystic_knight
[QUOTE="mystic_knight"][QUOTE="Nino_ze"]

SoraX64

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1428866 Just about everything works, but the stock camera app is a little bit shaky. They'll fix that in time.

Custom roms are amazing, its just the official rom release from htc lets users down.
Nino_ze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nino_ze
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts
[QUOTE="Nino_ze"]

mystic_knight

I doubt that HTC will do that, the Desire series is one of their top selling devices
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mystic_knight
[QUOTE="mystic_knight"][QUOTE="Nino_ze"]

Nino_ze

I doubt that HTC will do that, the Desire series is one of their top selling devices

Remember the original desire released in may 2010 which never got gingerbread to work completely on it. It was due to insufficient hardware or something and it had a 1ghz snapdragon with 512mb ram. So they released a broken version of it.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
[QUOTE="mystic_knight"][QUOTE="Nino_ze"][QUOTE="mystic_knight"] Htc will probably state that your phone is under powered blah blah blah and we can give you this broken rom :? poor desire users who got shafted.

Remember the original desire released in may 2010 which never got gingerbread to work completely on it. It was due to insufficient hardware or something and it had a 1ghz snapdragon with 512mb ram. So they released a broken version of it.

Sense is a memory hog, especially beyond version 1.0. The small System partition on top of the lower amount of RAM would have made the upgrade laggy and slow.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mystic_knight
[QUOTE="mystic_knight"][QUOTE="Nino_ze"] I doubt that HTC will do that, the Desire series is one of their top selling devices SoraX64

Sense is a memory hog, especially beyond version 1.0. The small System partition on top of the lower amount of RAM would have made the upgrade laggy and slow.

I know thats why i was saying it might come broken
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#16 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

HTC and samsung have completely ignored many of their popular but old phones from getting ICS simply because they are "old". If the nexus S can get ICS then so can galaxy S and desire HD. Both HTC and samsung are being cocky with their success it seems.

Motorola also hasnt announced ICS for their similar phones.

Ironically it turns out it's LG and Sony Ericsson giving the best support when it comes to ICS. The LG optimus black happens to be the weakest phone getting official ICS. Now ofcourse how good the actual software will be remains to be seen.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mystic_knight

HTC and samsung have completely ignored many of their popular but old phones from getting ICS simply because they are "old". If the nexus S can get ICS then so can galaxy S and desire HD. Both HTC and samsung are being cocky with their success it seems.

Motorola also hasnt announced ICS for their similar phones.

Ironically it turns out it's LG and Sony Ericsson giving the best support when it comes to ICS. The LG optimus black happens to be the weakest phone getting official ICS. Now ofcourse how good the actual software will be remains to be seen.

Gambler_3
LG went from crap to awesome... A new vested interest in their products.