Android samsung virtual keyboard messed up since last update.

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right forum to post this but it's the closest I could find.

So my S6 updated yesterday and since then the virtual keyboard is messed up.

The key to the right of the space bar defaults to a period. But if you long press it, you get other punctuation options. Before it would remain a period by default even after you used it to get other punctuation marks. It was convenient because I use the period more frequently than exclamation or question marks.

But now, the key defaults to the last punctuation mark used. So even though I'm mostly using periods, if I send a text ending in a question mark, the next time I go to type and press that key just by habit to end a sentence, it's placing a question mark. How can I make it stay by default a period mark all the time like before ????

Searched in the settings to changed in back to the way it was for about 2hours when I gave up. Looked on the net and there is not much help to be found so here I am :/

If anyone can help, thx!

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

@jack00: Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Samsung's keyboard, but as an alternative, you might want to consider downloading Gboard (Google's keyboard) from Play Store.

Loading Video...

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

I guess i'll have to do that :/

jerrylost

Forum Posts