thecrypticodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By thecrypticodor
Member since 2012 • 240 Posts

You'd think that their intention was to get rid of Legacy since they merged all past legacy posts into the general game discussion. Hopefully the plan is to eventually restore Legacy and this isn't just a mistake on their part. There really needs to be a separation between past and current gen discussion. When someone feels in the mood to discuss a past gen game console or whatever they shouldn't have to search through 30-40 post just to find a topic that interest them.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

How did you create a topic here? I keep trying but all I ever get is "'Tis a barren wasteland."

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

I saw someone post a link to this but how do you normally get here ?

Crazy !

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts

@LJSEXAY said:

How did you find Legacy?

@The-Apostle said:

How did you create a topic here? I keep trying but all I ever get is "'Tis a barren wasteland."

because I'm awesome.

Lol, I guess until GS sorts things out let me know what topics to post. All I did was use the forum search you say doesn't work for you.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@Caseytappy: I favorited it. This is my favorite game board. I hope it eventually gets an official ressurection.

AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts

@thecrypticodor:

You said it!

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

@thecrypticodor said:

You'd think that their intention was to get rid of Legacy since they merged all past legacy posts into the general game discussion. Hopefully the plan is to eventually restore Legacy and this isn't just a mistake on their part. There really needs to be a separation between past and current gen discussion. When someone feels in the mood to discuss a past gen game console or whatever they shouldn't have to search through 30-40 post just to find a topic that interest them.

No i think they are planning to dump on Legacy gaming; the site is all about what's new now. But i think that's been the intention for quite some time, i wouldn't be surprised to learn that A48 was GS admin in disguise trying to get rid of us oldies and make way for more hype-puppets. Either way; mission accomplished.

Frankly i hate the new layout, the new forums are a mess and while i agree that the search function needed fixing, the way they've done it is just as bad as the old one.

I won't be reviewing any more titles for this site, the death of half-scores makes it pointless. Thousands of games and only 10 ways of scoring, while most games fall between 4 to 8 out of 10. Stupid.

Cheers Gamespot, it was nice while it lasted but i understand you now want to flirt with the younger better-looking models and catch AIDS instead.

lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 lazyhoboguy
Member since 2007 • 1692 Posts

I cannot understand why the legacy platforms section would be deleted. It was the main reason I checked gamespots forums. If this doesn't come back my reasons for using gamespot are rapidly dwindling.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

@thecrypticodor said:

Could not of said it better myself! I really hope they bring it back. I don't know where else to go to talk about past Gen games

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

supposedly they are working on separating some forums.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

It's ridiculous for such a big gaming site to omit a separated retro section .

lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By lazyhoboguy
Member since 2007 • 1692 Posts

@Caseytappy said:

It's ridiculous for such a big gaming site to omit a separated retro section .

Yep.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

I don't think people actually care about a retro section. Or at least not right now when most everyone is going ga-ga over the next generation.

I mean, I haven't seen a single person mentioning that the legacy forums are missing or that they should be brought back over at the feedback board.

If somebody actually mentioned something about it, then most likely it got lost among the flood of complains about the new site format. However, looking at how many people here were whining about the loss of this board, I was expecting to see at least those people complaining about it. But so far nothing.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@Panzer_Zwei said:

I don't think people actually care about a retro section. Or at least not right now when most everyone is going ga-ga over the next generation.

I mean, I haven't seen a single person mentioning that the legacy forums are missing or that they should be brought back over at the feedback board.

If somebody actually mentioned something about it, then most likely it got lost among the flood of complains about the new site format. However, looking at how many people here were whining about the loss of this board, I was expecting to see at least those people complaining about it. But so far nothing.

If they can revive the sports forum wich was a board with way less activity than the legacy board...