Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

untitled-8xfjnn.gif

Watching the Floyd Mayweather fight last night got me thinking "Who is the best athlete in the world?". Watching Mayweather completely pick apart Cotto makes me think he's definitely in the running for that title, but who else? Bare in mind that dudes like Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky aren't included in this because they aren't playing. Here are some of the other candidates I'd consider:

lionel_messi_celeb_v_malaga_2012_2706271
Lionel Messi, widely considered the greatest Footballer/Soccer player on the planet.

roger-federer_1434981c.jpg
Roger Federer, perhaps the greatest player to ever play the game of Tennis.

ap_usain_bolt_080820_main.jpg
Usain Bolt, constantly breaking (his previously set) records in the 100m, 200m, and 4x100m relay.

phelps.jpg
Michael Phelps, Olympic gold medal record holder at 14.

7.jpg
Kobe Bryant, second only to Michael Jordan.

Who would you consider? Anyone I missed?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Floyd Mayweather. Toss up between Messi and Kobe for 2nd.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#3 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Manny Pacquiao and seeing how competitive top-tier tennis is, i'd give a nod to Nadal. Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar scored his 100th Century a few months ago. And if motorsport counts as 'athlete', Michael Schumacher is still actively driving for Mercedes. He's pretty **** now, though, as his team mate is performing better than he is.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I'd go for either the top tennis or soccer player, of which both can be debated.

I guess I'd choose Rafa Nadal. Three years ago I might have said Federer.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

CR7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSL-gPMPVXI

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

I'd go for either the top tennis or soccer player, of which both can be debated.

jimkabrhel

Ya, we'll have to see where Nadal is years from now, and if his legacy goes as long, in order to compare them properly. Though right now even Nadal respects Federer as the top player.  

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SevenzFlow
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

lol at Kobe,

you guys said them all though but nobody mentioned Football? 

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 illmatic87
Dont fall for the above post.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 illmatic87

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

110million

Ya, we'll have to see where Nadal is years from now, and if his legacy goes as long, in order to compare them properly. Though right now even Nadal respects Federer as the top player.

If it wasnt for Djokovic, Nadal probably would have surpassed Federers record somewhere down the line. He started winning Grand slams at a younger age than Federer.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

I have to say it's Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps. They dominate their sports better than anyone else on that list. Manny Pacquaio > Floyd Mayweather. Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic > Roger Federer. Cristiano Ronaldo > Lionel Messi

lmao Kobe lmao. Kobe kids are so delusional thinking Kobe is second only to Jordan. At this point he's the 4th best player in the NBA behind Lebron, Wade and Durant. Funny thing is if you compare a 27 year old Kobe to them and you will notice that Lebron, Wade and Durant still get better stats and are more efficient. Kobe is a glorified chuckler who got rings with the help of dominant bigs.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jg4xchamp

lol at Kobe,

you guys said them all though but nobody mentioned Football?

SevenzFlow
Picking a NFL player is harder, because there are plenty of amazing athletes(Julius Peppers, Demarcus Ware, Ed Reed,), but there isn't one dominant undisputed player that owns the game that frankly isn't a Quarterback. And that argument comes down to Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton(pre neck injury), and 2 of them aren't really mobile(Brady and Manning), and Rodgers has only been dominant for a short period of time. Not that they aren't fantastic athletes, but their conditioning vs a Floyd or one of those other guys just isn't even close. Unlike the other sports the NFL just doesn't have that one all mighty dominant force because of how specialized the different positions are.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jg4xchamp

Manny Pacquaio > Floyd Mayweather.

kage_53

I am all for the idea of someone believing Manny is gonna be that guy that beats Floyd. I really want to watch that fight. But until they actually fight there is no argument what so ever for considering Manny over Floyd. Manny's only real advantage is his strength. Floyd has him covered in technique. I get that Manny is the most dynamic fighter he'll have faced in a long ass time, and of course there is the idea that left handed fighters have some decent success against Floyd. But until Manny actually beats Floyd, 43-0 says he's the best.

And spare me the "blank is ducking blank" argument. Both boxers have b1tched out of this fight one way or another. Between Floyd's negotiations, Manny's "oh im scared of needles"(you are a F*CKING BOXER), the lawsuit, the whole thing with Bob Abrum, etc. By the time we finally get this fight both of them will be on their lest legs.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

As much as I don't want to, I'd have to say Sidney Crosby. Obviously he's got that Gretzky-esque ability with the puck, but between that and his Pete Campbell-tier b*tchiness people forget how fast and strong he is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

I have to say it's Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps. They dominate their sports better than anyone else on that list. Manny Pacquaio > Floyd Mayweather. Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic > Roger Federer. Cristiano Ronaldo > Lionel Messi

lmao Kobe lmao. Kobe kids are so delusional thinking Kobe is second only to Jordan. At this point he's the 4th best player in the NBA behind Lebron, Wade and Durant. Funny thing is if you compare a 27 year old Kobe to them and you will notice that Lebron, Wade and Durant still get better stats and are more efficient. Kobe is a glorified chuckler who got rings with the help of dominant bigs.

kage_53

Minus the first two sentences, this post is garbage.

How is Pacquiao better than Mayweather? Pacquiao in his prime vs. Mayweather in his prime I would still give the edge to Floyd based on his amazing defence and ability to exploit openings in his opponents. To compare them currently...it's still Floyd. Look at Mayweather's ungodly record and then look at Pacman's last few fights. He barely "won" the one against Marquez based on bad judging and the Shane Mosley one was another poor performance since Mosley is on his last legs before retiring. I'm a big fan of Pacquiao but dude's career is coming to a close. He's still one of the best but Mayweather is on a whole different level.

Djokovic and Nadal are currently better but I chose Federer because his overall career. Maybe when it's all said and done Nadal and/or Djoky will be better but as of now, nope, Federer's career is untouchable.

oh ffs, how is CR7 better than Messi? Messi set more records, scored more goals, won more titles, and won more player awards in less time than Cristiano Ronaldo. Messi is also way more important to Barcelona than Ronaldo is to Real Madrid. Who does Barcelona have thats a consistent scoring threat? David Villa, of course...except he's been injured almost all of last season. Real Madrid has dudes like Benzema, Higuain, Ozil, and even old man Kaka. CR7 is at his prime right now...Messi hasn't even reached his yet. Both players struggle in International play but that's more because of bad management. It's fine if you prefer CR7 to Messi (he is a great player, afterall) but he's not on the same level as Messi. Maybe when CR7 wins three consecutive Ballon d'Ors then we can have a debate that isn't incredibly one-sided to one player.

Kobe haters are seriously the bottom of the sport discussion totem pole. This was another one that I chose because of his overall career. But yeah, he's second to Jordan. lol at you saying Kobe needs a dominant big man to win rings. Are you implying Jordan did it alone? He won two titles carrying a team of scrubs while LeBron got swept by the Spurs in 2007 and completely disappeared in last year's finals. D-Wade got lucky that one year, and Kevin Durant is still unproven in the playoffs. Downplaying Kobe Bryant just puts me in awe of your stupidity.

youmad-.jpg

dem five rings must make his hands mad heavy

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jg4xchamp
If Lebron was more clutch I could see the argument. On a pure physical ability standpoint his skill set is as good if not getting better than what Kobe was able to do in his prime. But Kobe has that killer instinct you want in playoff games. That win at all costs mentality. Lebron seems to lack it. D-wade is nasty, but he's also been injury prone at times. That and D-wade didn't win a ring without shaq(Kobe eventually did), and needed Lebron and Bosh to get back to the Finals. So let's not pretend D-wade doesn't need help. Durant is far too young in his career for this to even be a discussion. Kobe's consistency and rings puts his career far ahead of what those other 3 have accomplished so far.
SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SevenzFlow

[QUOTE="kage_53"]

Aljosa23

How is Pacquiao better than Mayweather? Pacquiao in his prime vs. Mayweather in his prime I would still give the edge to Floyd based on his amazing defence and ability to exploit openings in his opponents. To compare them currently...it's still Floyd. Look at Mayweather's ungodly record and then look at Pacman's last few fights. He barely "won" the one against Marquez based on bad judging and the Shane Mosley one was another poor performance since Mosley is on his last legs before retiring. I'm a big fan of Pacquiao but dude's career is coming to a close. He's still one of the best but Mayweather is on a whole different level.

Djokovic and Nadal are currently better but I chose Federer because his overall career. Maybe when it's all said and done Nadal and/or Djoky will be better but as of now, nope, Federer's career is untouchable.

oh ffs, how is CR7 better than Messi? Messi set more records, scored more goals, won more titles, and won more player awards in less time than Cristiano Ronaldo. Messi is also way more important to Barcelona than Ronaldo is to Real Madrid. Who does Barcelona have thats a consistent scoring threat? David Villa, of course...except he's been injured almost all of last season. Real Madrid has dudes like Benzema, Higuain, Ozil, and even old man Kaka. CR7 is at his prime right now...Messi hasn't even reached his yet. Both players struggle in International play but that's more because of bad management. It's fine if you prefer CR7 to Messi (he is a great player, afterall) but he's not on the same level as Messi. Maybe when CR7 wins three consecutive Ballon d'Ors then we can have a debate that isn't incredibly one-sided to one player.

Kobe haters are seriously the bottom of the sport discussion totem pole. This was another one that I chose because of his overall career. But yeah, he's second to Jordan. lol at you saying Kobe needs a dominant big man to win rings. Are you implying Jordan did it alone? He won two titles carrying a team of scrubs while LeBron got swept by the Spurs in 2007 and completely disappeared in last year's finals. D-Wade got lucky that one year, and Kevin Durant is still unproven in the playoffs. Downplaying Kobe Bryant just puts me in awe of your stupidity.

youmad-.jpg

Kobe is hiring well ^^ 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

If it wasnt for Djokovic, Nadal probably would have surpassed Federers record somewhere down the line. He started winning Grand slams at a younger age than Federer.

illmatic87

That is kind of backwards logic isn't it? Like man, if Nadal just faced weaker opponents, he would win more!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts

Roger Federer has been kinda losing it the last couple years though, with Djokovic and Nadal kicking so much ass.

But IIRC, he still holds the most grand slam wins over Pete Sampras (he did surpass Sampras right?).

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="kage_53"]

Aljosa23

youmad-.jpg

CR7 is the better athlete dude, he is faster, stronger, have more endurance for the entire match ( not saying Messi Doesn't have endurance but CR7 is a beast in the field ) and have better and more skills than Messi and don't forget he has the best free kick shot in the world.

Ronaldo can shoot and play with either feet, on the other hand Messi stumbles when he decides to take the ball with with his right feet.

Messi has unbelievable dribbling and better vision, his passes are incredible, he tops Ronaldo in those departments only ( not by a huge margin ), but if you ask me who is the complete footballer my answer is always going to be Ronaldo.

Ronaldo's task is way harder than Messi's since Ronaldo plays on the wing which is a position harder to score goals from and he still managed to be last years best scorer in La Liga ( 41 goals ) with a whooping 9 goals difference from Messi.

Barcalona is not dependent on Messi, on the contrary, the team is waaaay better in the midfield thanks to Xavi and Iniesta which makes the ball come to Messi waaay easier, don't forget the possession play, the ball is always with Barca, on the other hand Real Madrid possesses less and still Ronaldo manages to score.

And because of that Messi changed his position from winger to center attacker because he wants to score more.

Let me ask you this question, put Ronaldo in Barca and Messi in Real Madrid, do you really think Ronaldo can't do as good as Messi or even better?

I don't know why people forget what Ronaldo have already achieved, he got the Ballond'Ors before Messi, he had the Champions League with Man United and he is the one who helped Portugal go to the semi-finals in World Cup 06, Messi didn't s*** in that world cup and both played in that world cup AND before that Ronaldo went to the final match against Greece in Euro 2004, that's international for you.

When I see Madrid, I see it as Ronaldo's team, when I see Barca, I don't see it that way, I can't say Messi is not a major factor in the team but I don't see him as the number one factor for winning since Barca have major players like Villa, Sanchez and Pedro and Iniesta all strong attackers and they can easily score like Messi but they give the finishing touches to Messi to make him compete with Ronaldo in the scoring records.

EDIT: lol at total edits, long post don't laugh guys :P

SevenzFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SevenzFlow
Damn Haze don't play around about that soccer son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

CR7 is the better athlete dude, he is faster, stronger, have more endurance for the entire match ( not saying Messi Doesn't have endurance but CR7 is a beast in the field ) and have better and more skills than Messi and don't forget he has the best free kick shot in the world.

Ronaldo can shoot and play with either feet, on the other hand Messi stumbles when he decides to take the ball with with his right feet.

Messi has unbelievable dribbling and better vision, his passes are incredible, he tops Ronaldo in those departments only ( not by a huge margin ), but if you ask me who is the complete footballer my answer is always going to be Ronaldo.

Ronaldo's task is way harder than Messi's since Ronaldo plays on the wing which is a position harder to score goals from and he still managed to be last years best scorer in La Liga ( 41 goals ) with a whooping 9 goals difference from Messi.

Barcalona is not dependent on Messi, on the contrary, the team is waaaay better in the midfield thanks to Xavi and Iniesta which makes the ball come to Messi waaay easier, don't forget the possession play, the ball is always with Barca, on the other hand Real Madrid possesses less and still Ronaldo manages to score.

And because of that Messi changed his position from winger to center attacker because he wants to score more.

Let me ask you this question, put Ronaldo in Barca and Messi in Real Madrid, do you really think Ronaldo can't do as good as Messi or even better?

I don't know why people forget what Ronaldo have already achieved, he got the Ballond'Ors before Messi, he had the Champions League with Man United and he is the one who helped Portugal go to the semi-finals in World Cup 06, Messi didn't s*** in that world cup and both played in that world cup AND before that Ronaldo went to the final match against Greece in Euro 2004, that's international for you.

When I see Madrid, I see it as Ronaldo's team, when I see Barca, I don't see it that way, I can't say Messi is not a major factor in the team but I don't see him as the number one factor for winning since Barca have major players like Villa, Sanchez and Pedro and Iniesta all strong attackers and they can easily score like Messi but they give the finishing touches to Messi to make him compete with Ronaldo in the scoring records.

HAZE-Unit

Might be a better athlete physically but it was pretty clear I was talking about skills on the pitch.

I'm not really sure how Barcelona isn't dependent on Messi. Out of the top 15 scorers in La Liga, he's the only Barcelona player there. The second highest scorer on Barca is Alexis Sanchez with 11 while Messi has 50. While Real Madrid alone has 3 players in the top 5, Ronaldo has 45 goals. Out of all competitions this season, Messi has 72 goals I'm also not sure how you can downplay Messi by saying others give him the "finishing touches" even though he also has the most assists on Barcelona.

Even if Messi came second last season in La Liga play, him and Ronaldo were tied with 53 goals out of all competitions. This year it's not even close, 72-59 for Messi. Messi even set the European scoring record this year alongside winning La Liga's golden boot. Might even win another Ballon d'Or this year.

Again, it's okay if you prefer Cristiano Ronaldo to him but Messi has the stats, records, and awards to be better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo fanboys just can't accept the truth that he will never be as good as Messi.

2br5ab.jpg

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

The guy who smashes world records everytime he goes for a jog.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 illmatic87
I'd like to see how a 28 year old Lebron and Wade will fare.. I was watching the Hawks game and a Dallas game, looking at how ordinary Vince Carter and Tracey McGrady were. Both players used to put up the same numbers that Lebron is putting up now. Given the general trend of players and how numbers deteriorate once you lose abit of that athleticism, it only makes Kobe's high-level consistency more remarkable. Kobe is great, Second to Jordan is abit of a stretch as Im pretty sure old timers will make the Oscar Robertson/Jerry West argument. But simply looking at numbers doesnt do it justice compared to the effect and finesse he has on the floor. Since Jordan, I dont think I've ever seen someone create as much space between a defender as easy as he does--at least for his position and his ability to split a double team is second to none. And if you want to look up stats, He's well on track to break a fair few historic NBA records. For the record: I dislike the Lakers and Grizzlies are so gonna win today.
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

Barca aren't reliant on Messi.

/Xavi.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

If Mayweather is one of the best athletes active then boxing has really hit rock bottom.

Anyways I'll go with: Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, Messi, Kobe Bryant, Federer and Nadal.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HAZE-Unit

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

Aljosa23

Might be a better athlete physically but it was pretty clear I was talking about skills on the pitch.

I'm not really sure how Barcelona isn't dependent on Messi. Out of the top 15 scorers in La Liga, he's the only Barcelona player there. The second highest scorer on Barca is Alexis Sanchez with 11 while Messi has 50. While Real Madrid alone has 3 players in the top 5, Ronaldo has 45 goals. Out of all competitions this season, Messi has 72 goals I'm also not sure how you can downplay Messi by saying others give him the "finishing touches" even though he also has the most assists on Barcelona.

Even if Messi came second last season in La Liga play, him and Ronaldo were tied with 53 goals out of all competitions. This year it's not even close, 72-59 for Messi. Messi even set the European scoring record this year alongside winning La Liga's golden boot. Might even win another Ballon d'Or this year.

Again, it's okay if you prefer Cristiano Ronaldo to him but Messi has the stats, records, and awards to be better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo fanboys just can't accept the truth that he will never be as good as Messi.

2br5ab.jpg

Messi is a dribbler, Ronaldo is a dribbler AND also have skills/tricks on the pitch, Messi is amazing but he is becoming repetitive in each match because he doesn't develop himself as much as Ronaldo, Im really surprised of his shooting power, he is like the only superstar ( especially as a center forward ) I've ever seen in my entire life that doesn't have shooting power , I'd like to see him next seaon with stronger shots, on the other hand Ronaldo can always surprise me with a new trick and thats why I watch football, I watch it to see the best players offering something new in every match.

Like I said Messi changed his position so he can score more and be seen as good as Ronaldo in scoring, plus your stats further prove that Messi is getting the final touches more than his colleagues.

As far as Ballon d'Or goes it is a fact the player who wins big competitions gets it so it is not possible in the slightest for Messi to get the trophy sinceMessi didn't win any big competition this year, it should go to Ronaldo specially if he also wins the Euro cup in the summer unless there is major bias in the votes.

As I said before, I'd like to see Messi in another team because Messi is playing with arguably the best Barca ever in the history of Barcelona, the task is easier for him to win and score stats, he would be tested in another team or when Xavi and Iniesta retire, this way we will see the true Messi, there is also proof that he is not as good when he plays with his international team, lastly, what did he do in the most important 3 matches this season, he didn't do s*** .

Ronaldo is as good as Messi and the stats are not that far away from Ronaldo to act like Messi is untouchable plus it's not like Ronaldo is retired :?

there is so much both can achieve and there is so much room for Ronaldo to be equal in the stats, don't forget that both got the champions league, both got the ballon dor, both won tons of league cups.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp

If Mayweather is one of the best athletes active then boxing has really hit rock bottom.

Anyways I'll go with: Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, Messi, Kobe Bryant, Federer and Nadal.

Seabas989
Mayweather is a fantastic boxer and athlete. :|
Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

As much as I don't want to, I'd have to say Sidney Crosby. Obviously he's got that Gretzky-esque ability with the puck, but between that and his Pete Campbell-tier b*tchiness people forget how fast and strong he is.

Slow_Show

I'm always reluctant to say Crosby but he's definitely a special player. Stamkos is definitely in the top tier these days too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Messi is a dribbler, Ronaldo is a dribbler AND also have skills/tricks on the pitch, Messi is amazing but he is becoming repetitive in each match because he doesn't develop himself as much as Ronaldo, Im really surprised of his shooting power, he is like the only superstar ( especially as a center forward ) I've ever seen in my entire life that doesn't have shooting power , I'd like to see him next seaon with stronger shots, on the other hand Ronaldo can always surprise me with a new trick and thats why I watch football, I watch it to see the best players offering something new in every match.

Like I said Messi changed his position so he can score more and be seen as good as Ronaldo in scoring, plus your stats further prove that Messi is getting the final touches more than his colleagues.

As far as Ballon d'Or goes it is a fact the player who wins big competitions gets it so it is not possible in the slightest for Messi to get the trophy sinceMessi didn't win any big competition this year, it should go to Ronaldo specially if he also wins the Euro cup in the summer unless there is major bias in the votes.

As I said before, I'd like to see Messi in another team because Messi is playing with arguably the best Barca ever in the history of Barcelona, the task is easier for him to win and score stats, he would be tested in another team or when Xavi and Iniesta retire, this way we will see the true Messi, there is also proof that he is not as good when he plays with his international team, lastly, what did he do in the most important 3 matches this season, he didn't do s*** .

Ronaldo is as good as Messi and the stats are not that far away from Ronaldo to act like Messi is untouchable plus it's not like Ronaldo is retired :?

there is so much both can achieve and there is so much room for Ronaldo to be equal in the stats, don't forget that both got the champions league, both got the ballon dor, both won tons of league cups.

HAZE-Unit

You think Messi doesn't have shooting power? Eh, I'd say he does he just doesn't use it. That's not really the Barcelona style of play but I'd agree that I'd want to see him try more long range tries next year if only to mix it up. Barcelona in general is "repetitive" but that's only because their style of play makes them succeed and why try to fix something that's not broken? I don't look at Messi as a flashy player but when he does something flashy there's usually a purpose to it besides just looking good. He's insanely good at fundamentals and makes it seem like the ball is literally glued to his feet. Him and Ronaldo are really two different players.

The whole bit about Messi being on another team would he be as effective etc. is pointless to argue about since there's 0 way of knowing what would happen until he ends up somewhere else. I'd imagine he would still be the centerpiece of the offence but besides that it's hard to determine due to all those variables.

The last few matches he played were disappointing but everyone has bad games. Him and Ronaldo both goofed in the semifinals on penalty kicks which shows both players are human lol. Agreed on the bit about International play, Messi has been a disappointment there. He was employed as an attacking midfielder during the 2010 WC so his job wasn't really to score. He did win a few "Man of the Match" awards for setting up his team-mates, though.

Next season going to be so interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Messi and LeBron still the GOATs