Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts

Link.

It's offical. The best multiplayer FPS I've ever played is getting a fourth installment. One word sums up my thoughts on this matter: YEAH!!

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

It was confirmed about a month ago in OPM. I'm surprised no one took notice already.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Forget timesplitters, I want Haze! :D
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
Let me shoot monkeys with flaming arrows again, oh please GOD, let me shoot the monkeys.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Sweet sexy awesomeness!
*remembers Future Perfect*
"Time to activate the Asskickulator!"
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
Nice :D. good old FR, one of the best devs out there IMO. i just hope that it comes out on all consoles and if not then at least they might opyimize it to play on my POC.
lafigueroa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lafigueroa
Member since 2004 • 6648 Posts

It's offical. The best multiplayer FPS I've ever played is getting a fourth installment.

norfair_dweller

Yeah, it's called Halo Wars.....

Wait, no, it's called Haze.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
I think "****ing awesome" would describe this perfectly. Timesplitters 3 had possibly the most variety I've ever seen in an FPS.
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hellsing321
Member since 2005 • 9608 Posts
[QUOTE="norfair_dweller"]

It's offical. The best multiplayer FPS I've ever played is getting a fourth installment.

lafigueroa

Yeah, it's called Halo Wars.....

Wait, no, it's called Haze.

There's already a Haze 4? That was fast. :P

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Awesome! I loved TS 2, and sadly never did get around to TS 3. :( But I loved making maps, and loved the variety in the game modes. I wonder what they'll do now in this game to make it better. I hope map making returns. :D
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Sweet.. I love the TS franchise.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

I only played TS 3. It was ok. Didn't play the multiplayer though.

hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hellsing321

I only played TS 3. It was ok. Didn't play the multiplayer though.

diggyzoom

Big mistake.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#14 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Think we'll be able to jump this time? (I never played 3- could you jump?)
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
This game is incredibly overrated. The only reason it gets any praise is because FPS on console is so weak to begin with. In the JV League this game is good. But come on. When compared to the big boys the Varisty Sqaudon PC Time Splitters was weak.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
**** YEAH SEAKING!

Superb news.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Was my post deleted in this thread? I could swear I posted here...

Anyway, awesome news! :D I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I hope it comes out next year. Man, so many great games for 2008!

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the-very-best

This game is incredibly overrated. The only reason it gets any praise is because FPS on console is so weak to begin with. In the JV League this game is good. But come on. When compared to the big boys the Varisty Sqaudon PC Time Splitters was weak.Blackbond

In your opinion.

And the reason it gets praise is because of its amazing MP, which is great fun with friends.

Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 norfair_dweller

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]This game is incredibly overrated. The only reason it gets any praise is because FPS on console is so weak to begin with. In the JV League this game is good. But come on. When compared to the big boys the Varisty Sqaudon PC Time Splitters was weak.the-very-best

In your opinion.

And the reason it gets praise is because of its amazing MP, which is great fun with friends.

The single player wasn't that good, but there's nothing like the splitscreen.

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 norfair_dweller

Think we'll be able to jump this time? (I never played 3- could you jump?)musicalmac

No, jumping hasn't been present in any TimeSplitters games. I hope they don't add it, either, because it's not needed in the single player the way levels are designed. Andpeople always hopping up and down in multiplayer FPS games with jump is annoying as hell.

I could never understand why the heck people do that. You're getting shot at, you're about to die. But no, do you don't for cover. You freaking jump. It's not realistic, it's cheap, and just plain stupid altogether. I absolutely hate it when all people do in multiplayer is jump.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The single player wasn't that good, but there's nothing like the splitscreen.norfair_dweller

I actually found the single player in the second and third games to be quite entertaining. Picking out and finding all the little references was half the fun. The co-op in TS2 was amazing.
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 norfair_dweller

[QUOTE="norfair_dweller"]The single player wasn't that good, but there's nothing like the splitscreen.foxhound_fox

I actually found the single player in the second and third games to be quite entertaining. Picking out and finding all the little references was half the fun. The co-op in TS2 was amazing.

The second had better single player, but it really didn't have a story. Future Perfect had a story that was actually pretty good, but I didn't like the level design as much. The third also had great humor and characters (Harry Tipper is awesome.)

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blackbond

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]This game is incredibly overrated. The only reason it gets any praise is because FPS on console is so weak to begin with. In the JV League this game is good. But come on. When compared to the big boys the Varisty Sqaudon PC Time Splitters was weak.the-very-best

In your opinion.

Timesplitters multiplayer really wasn't that great either. The first one wasn't that great. The second one was okay but suffered from an aiming system that didn't keep your crosshair in the center of the screen which made it very hard to aim. The third one is just crap compared to Halo 2. The multiplayer has no balance what so ever. Between all the crazy characters, different sizes, speeds and hit boxes its just ridiculously unbalanced. Why people love this game so much and then don't give credit to Halo is beyond me. Halo has superior gameplay in practically every way except for the addition of bots.

This game has never even had vehicles to use in multiplayer. Hell Halo isn't even that great of a game like everyone hails. Like I said if this game was on PC it would just be another average shooter. And since I have access to PC's which I can play high qualitity FPS's Time Splitters has always been merely average.

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 norfair_dweller

Timesplitters multiplayer really wasn't that great either. The first one wasn't that great. The second one was okay but suffered from an aiming system that didn't keep your crosshair in the center of the screen which made it very hard to aim. The third one is just crap compared to Halo 2. The multiplayer has no balance what so ever. Between all the crazy characters, different sizes, speeds and hit boxes its just ridiculously unbalanced. Why people love this game so much and then don't give credit to Halo is beyond me. Halo has superior gameplay in practically every way except for the addition of bots.

This game has never even had vehicles to use in multiplayer. Hell Halo isn't even that great of a game like everyone hails. Like I said if this game was on PC it would just be another average shooter. And since I have access to PC's which I can play high qualitity FPS's Time Splitters has always been merely average.

Blackbond

The character abilities can be turned off so they all play very much the same except for the different heights. And the Siberia level in Future Perfect had a jeep, but I don't know about anything else. I was never a fan of vehicles, anyway. They seemed really unfair asit's hard to kill them with a conventional weapon.

And for another up on Halo, I'd say the variety of the multiplayer modes and levels is a definite plus.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

norfair_dweller

The character abilities can be turned off so they all play very much the same except for the different heights. And the Siberia level in Future Perfect had a jeep, but I don't know about anything else. I was never a fan of vehicles, anyway. They seemed really unfair asit's hard to kill them with a conventional weapon.

And for another up on Halo, I'd say the variety of the multiplayer modes and levels is a definite plus.

Vehicles aren't supposed to be killed with a conventional weapon. But then again neither are speed super fast little monkies that you have to shoot infront of because your crosshairs are to slow to hit.

Vehicles have been a part of FPS for a while now. Hell they were in Halo CE at the launch of Halo. TS not having them is a pathetic exuse.

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 norfair_dweller
Vehicles aren't supposed to be killed with a conventional weapon. But then again neither are speed super fast little monkies that you have to shoot infront of because your crosshairs are to slow to hit.

Vehicles have been a part of FPS for a while now. Hell they were in Halo CE at the launch of Halo. TS not having them is a pathetic exuse.

Blackbond

You're generally considered a cheapass if you play as monkeys all the time, since that is quite unfair. Everyone's equal speed with abilities off, but thye're still so damn small.

But anyway, I never saw no vehicles as a shortcoming. The gameplay works fine without them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I don't like vehicles in deathmatch type games.
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hellsing321
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]This game is incredibly overrated. The only reason it gets any praise is because FPS on console is so weak to begin with. In the JV League this game is good. But come on. When compared to the big boys the Varisty Sqaudon PC Time Splitters was weak.Blackbond

In your opinion.

I think the main reason people like it so much is that it's not like Halo and It's not like other FPS. It's not the most balanced FPS out there but that doesn't matter because it's has so many options and it's just plain fun. You don't need to remember strats or anything like you do with counter-strike and you can just jump in with friends and have a blast. It wasn't built to be a competive tounrament FPS like PC FPS's are. What TS does right it it has alot of charm and humor that you just don't find in other FPSs. I play many PC FPSs as well but I still enjoy TS a lot especiialy when me and 3 friends get together.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Vehicles aren't supposed to be killed with a conventional weapon. But then again neither are speed super fast little monkies that you have to shoot infront of because your crosshairs are to slow to hit.

norfair_dweller

You're generally considered a cheapass if you play as monkeys all the time, since that is quite unfair. Everyone's equal speed with abilities off, but thye're still so damn small.

But anyway, I never saw no vehicles as a shortcoming. The gameplay works fine without them.

No vehicles are a short coming. vehicles aren't only for fighting but they are for trasnportation as well. Helps you get across and transverse maps quickly.

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 norfair_dweller

No vehicles are a short coming. vehicles aren't only for fighting but they are for trasnportation as well. Helps you get across and transverse maps quickly.

Blackbond

Maps in TimeSplitters were either not so large that crossing the entire area on foot got tedious or they were enclosed spaces or smaller maps where vehicles would not fit. There's nothing really on the scale of Coagulation in Halo 2 where a vehicle is pretty much needed. And I never liked vehicles to begin with.

MOM-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 MOM-D
Member since 2005 • 5222 Posts
Im not reallt a big fan of The TS franchise but I'll rent it
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

norfair_dweller

Maps in TimeSplitters were either not so large that crossing the entire area on foot got tedious or they were enclosed spaces or smaller maps where vehicles would not fit. There's nothing really on the scale of Coagulation in Halo 2 where a vehicle is pretty much needed. And I never liked vehicles to begin with.

Yeah I get it that you don't like vehicles. But vehicles are common place in all modern day FPS games. You're living in the past my friend.

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 norfair_dweller

Yeah I get it that you don't like vehicles. But vehicles are common place in all modern day FPS games. You're living in the past my friend.Blackbond

The point is that vehicles aren't needed in TimeSplitters since the map design doesn't really require it. Areas either aren't wide open or aren't terribly large, so they would be rather out of place. The way I see it, vehicles are only really required where they need to be used to traverse the map. In TimeSplitters they don't need to be used for traversing the map because of, as previously stated, the type of maps and their scale.

hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hellsing321

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Yeah I get it that you don't like vehicles. But vehicles are common place in all modern day FPS games. You're living in the past my friend.norfair_dweller

The point is that vehicles aren't needed in TimeSplitters since the map design doesn't really require it. Areas either aren't wide open or aren't terribly large, so they would be rather out of place. The way I see it, vehicles are only really required where they need to be used to traverse the map. In TimeSplitters they don't need to be used for traversing the map because of, as previously stated, the type of maps and their scale.

Isn't this whole argument moot since TS3 had vehicles?

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blackbond
[QUOTE="norfair_dweller"]

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Yeah I get it that you don't like vehicles. But vehicles are common place in all modern day FPS games. You're living in the past my friend.hellsing321

It had the one little thing on the ice stage whoop de do.

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 norfair_dweller

Isn't this whole argument moot since TS3 had vehicles?hellsing321

The other games in the series did not I think is the point.

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 norfair_dweller

]Blackbond

To continue, the ice stage wasn't big enough to need a vehicle and its prime function was just to run people down. It wasn't needed to traverse the area.

hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hellsing321
[QUOTE="hellsing321"][QUOTE="norfair_dweller"]

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Yeah I get it that you don't like vehicles. But vehicles are common place in all modern day FPS games. You're living in the past my friend.Blackbond

You could add vehicles in your own created levels as well.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the-very-best

Blackbond

So in other words you want Timesplitters to turn into Halo. It's cool if you don't like the game, but it's weird how you don't like it just because it does so many things differently than Halo.

Yes, it's fast paced, yes it has crazy characters/sizes/speeds etc, but that's the beauty of it.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

the-very-best

So in other words you want Timesplitters to turn into Halo. It's cool if you don't like the game, but it's weird how you don't like it just because it does so many things differently than Halo.

Yes, it's fast paced, yes it has crazy characters/sizes/speeds etc, but that's the beauty of it.

Its not a bad game. Its just an overrated game by people. Its not on Halo's level yet it recieves tons of praise while Halo recieves tons of hate. The game is extremely unbalanced and like the guy said above its not a very competitve FPS and allows the ease of people to just hop in and play. I just find the game cheesy. Its supposed to be the spiritual successor of Golden Eye and Perfect Dark. Yet it really doesn't advance much from their gameplay except for it being more frantic.

To me this game lacks....

• Vehicles
  • Balanced Gameplay
  • The ability to even freaking jump

The game just lacks to me in playability.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the-very-best
So you're angry that TS gets praise because Halo gets hate? That's nice.

So what if it doesn't have vehicles? No rule that they have to be in an FPS. I like that it doesn't have vehicles. I like that it's frantic. I like that you can't jump.

I don't understand the logic that because Halo gets hate you have to hate on TS too. But whatever, if you don't like it that's OK. But you can't say it's overrated because Halo gets hate, makes no sense.

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 norfair_dweller

Its not a bad game. Its just an overrated game by people. Its not on Halo's level yet it recieves tons of praise while Halo recieves tons of hate. The game is extremely unbalanced and like the guy said above its not a very competitve FPS and allows the ease of people to just hop in and play. I just find the game cheesy. Its supposed to be the spiritual successor of Golden Eye and Perfect Dark. Yet it really doesn't advance much from their gameplay except for it being more frantic.

• Vehicles
  • Balanced Gameplay

Blackbond

I think it's praised because you can just jump in and have a ton of fun with a fast, frantic game. It's not meant to be a serious, competitive game sort of like Halo.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blackbond
So you're angry that TS gets praise because Halo gets hate? That's nice.

So what if it doesn't have vehicles? No rule that they have to be in an FPS. I like that it doesn't have vehicles. I like that it's frantic. I like that you can't jump.

I don't understand the logic that because Halo gets hate you have to hate on TS too. But whatever, if you don't like it that's OK. But you can't say it's overrated because Halo gets hate, makes no sense.

the-very-best

Yet let me tell you man I'm so angry that Halo a game that I think isn't that great is recieving hate :roll:

So what if it doesn't have vehicles and that you can't jump. Whatever that's your opinion. In this day and age those things pretty much became modern place after Halo CE launched not to mention the many FPS on PC like Tribes, Unreal Tournament ect.

Just because its your opinion that you don't like them doesn't mean that they shouldn't be put in. A lack of a jump button seriously lessens gameplay. No longer can I make jumps from one location to the other. If CoD had no jump I might as well just run though the front door and die instead of crawling up to a house and sneaking through a window.

I can say its overrated because Halo gets hate. An inferior game should not be liked while a clearly superior game is hated on just because its the flagship title of a said system.

The lack of a Jump Button seriously hinders gameplay period. People don't have magnetic boots that keep them stuck to the ground.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blackbond

[QUOTE="Blackbond"]

• Vehicles
  • Balanced Gameplay

norfair_dweller

I think it's praised because you can just jump in and have a ton of fun with a fast, frantic game. It's not meant to be a serious, competitive game sort of like Halo.

Further reasoning why I don't particularly like this game.

norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 norfair_dweller

Further reasoning why I don't particularly like this game.

Blackbond

Exactly. That's why I put it there. I know you're into competitive-type things, and TimeSplitters isn't tailored to that. It's natural you're not going to like it.