arber91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 arber91
Member since 2005 • 5079 Posts
The cutscene graphics are really good, but the in-game ones blew horribly. I didn't think such a difference could occur between cutscene and in-game graphics, but it did. Some of the best cutscene graphics I've ever seen. I could almost see the prince's 5 o' clock shadow ;) But I wasn't able to see it was raining while I was fighting. Just felt like mentioning this. Anyone know any other games like this? Also, is the third PoP game like that?
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -Zaku-
Member since 2005 • 15425 Posts
I dropped off from the PoP series.  I loved the SoT but they changed everything too much in WW.  Everything I loved about it was pretty much changed :?
arber91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 arber91
SoT and WW definitely have a lot of differences. The fighting mechanics being the main thing. Since you can dual wield weapons, and you only have 1 permenant weapon, it gets confusing. But what exactly did they change to make you stop playing?
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Zaku-

SoT and WW definitely have a lot of differences. The fighting mechanics being the main thing. Since you can dual wield weapons, and you only have 1 permenant weapon, it gets confusing. But what exactly did they change to make you stop playing? arber91

The whole atmosphere of the games is too drastically different.  I hated how they tried to change to the whole "mature" thing too quick....

arber91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 arber91

[QUOTE="arber91"]SoT and WW definitely have a lot of differences. The fighting mechanics being the main thing. Since you can dual wield weapons, and you only have 1 permenant weapon, it gets confusing. But what exactly did they change to make you stop playing? -Zaku-

The whole atmosphere of the games is too drastically different.  I hated how they tried to change to the whole "mature" thing too quick....

Sorry, but I'm not good at connecting dots. Being vague is one of my pet peeves...if it can be considered that. lol
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

Could be something to do with the added AA in the cutscenes, like the MGS one's.

I dunno though, I haven't played the PoP games.

revamparts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 revamparts
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts
Prince of Persia: Wild World

Create your own Arabian mud hut and de-kidney random bazaar goers for bells on the black market.
Derangal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Derangal
Member since 2003 • 13934 Posts
While I played Warrior Within I noticed the game wasn't very good. Sands of Time was a great game with a good mix of puzzles and fighting and atmosphere. WW just changed everything. The whole "mature" tone of the game completly turned me off from it. It felt like they sacrificed most of what made SoT good to make WW "mature".
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Zaku-

While I played Warrior Within I noticed the game wasn't very good. Sands of Time was a great game with a good mix of puzzles and fighting and atmosphere. WW just changed everything. The whole "mature" tone of the game completly turned me off from it. It felt like they sacrificed most of what made SoT good to make WW "mature".
Derangal

Yeah.  SoT was a work of art but WW was too different.  I haven't played TTT yet so I can't comment on it.

RVCA823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 RVCA823
Member since 2006 • 2839 Posts
I never got into the PoP series for some strange reason. I just never liked it.
vitrobliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vitrobliss
Member since 2003 • 5132 Posts
Totally off topic here but 'nyways...

Zaku, is it true that the person in your sig is really a man? BTW Hugo smells.
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Zaku-

Totally off topic here but 'nyways...

Zaku, is it true that the person in your sig is really a man? BTW Hugo smells.vitrobliss

Thanks to Capcom USA (and their upstanding position against anything that can be considered a problem), Poison's bio is pretty much f***ed.  She was a female in the original Japanese Final Fight games but due to the US not wanting to "promote violence" against females :roll:, they called Capcom Japan and complained about it.  Capcom Japan, instead of changing the entire character just went ahead and said she was a "shemale" but Capcom USA didn't get that info so they changed Poison and her counterpart, Roxy, into males :|  Other versions were changed because of the thoughts that her clothes were too short.  Some versions have her with her top and shorts extended (shorts are to the knees)

So by Capcom's (Japan) word, she is a shemale. (But not Roxy who is said to be a full female....).  Another thing in video games screwed up thanks to the good old US of A.

PeeEsPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 PeeEsPee
Member since 2005 • 6337 Posts

[QUOTE="vitrobliss"]Totally off topic here but 'nyways...

Zaku, is it true that the person in your sig is really a man? BTW Hugo smells.-Zaku-

Thanks to Capcom USA (and their upstanding position against anything that can be considered a problem), Poison's bio is pretty much f***ed. She was a female in the original Japanese Final Fight games but due to the US not wanting to "promote violence" against females

See thats why there still isn't equality. Its okay for a guy to be beat up, but not a woman? And usually if a couple has a fight, say both equally hurt each other, the man could probably never get away with suing her, but she could get a case almost immediatly. *curses world*
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

Zaku, is it true that the person in your sig is really a man? BTW Hugo smells.-Zaku-

Thanks to Capcom USA (and their upstanding position against anything that can be considered a problem), Poison's bio is pretty much f***ed. She was a female in the original Japanese Final Fight games but due to the US not wanting to "promote violence" against females :roll:, they called Capcom Japan and complained about it. Capcom Japan, instead of changing the entire character just went ahead and said she was a "shemale" but Capcom USA didn't get that info so they changed Poison and her counterpart, Roxy, into males :| Other versions were changed because of the thoughts that her clothes were too short. Some versions have her with her top and shorts extended (shorts are to the knees)

So by Capcom's (Japan) word, she is a shemale. (But not Roxy who is said to be a full female....). Another thing in video games screwed up thanks to the good old US of A.

Well, The US may have wanted it change, but Japan did not HAVE to change it.
-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Zaku-
[QUOTE="-Zaku-"]

Zaku, is it true that the person in your sig is really a man? BTW Hugo smells.jechtshot78

Thanks to Capcom USA (and their upstanding position against anything that can be considered a problem), Poison's bio is pretty much f***ed. She was a female in the original Japanese Final Fight games but due to the US not wanting to "promote violence" against females :roll:, they called Capcom Japan and complained about it. Capcom Japan, instead of changing the entire character just went ahead and said she was a "shemale" but Capcom USA didn't get that info so they changed Poison and her counterpart, Roxy, into males :| Other versions were changed because of the thoughts that her clothes were too short. Some versions have her with her top and shorts extended (shorts are to the knees)

So by Capcom's (Japan) word, she is a shemale. (But not Roxy who is said to be a full female....). Another thing in video games screwed up thanks to the good old US of A.

Well, The US may have wanted it change, but Japan did not HAVE to change it.

The US went back to the original Japanese designs (female, short clothes) for later installments that featured her.  No problem now :|  But I'm pretty sure for her backstory, the "shemale" thing is staying......

(10,000 posts)

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

The US went back to the original Japanese designs (female, short clothes) for later installments that featured her. No problem now :| But I'm pretty sure for her backstory, the "shemale" thing is staying......

(10,000 posts)

-Zaku-

hah

funny story
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Thanks to Capcom USA (and their upstanding position against anything that can be considered a problem), Poison's bio is pretty much f***ed.  She was a female in the original Japanese Final Fight games but due to the US not wanting to "promote violence" against females :roll:, they called Capcom Japan and complained about it.  Capcom Japan, instead of changing the entire character just went ahead and said she was a "shemale" but Capcom USA didn't get that info so they changed Poison and her counterpart, Roxy, into males :|  Other versions were changed because of the thoughts that her clothes were too short.  Some versions have her with her top and shorts extended (shorts are to the knees)

So by Capcom's (Japan) word, she is a shemale. (But not Roxy who is said to be a full female....).  Another thing in video games screwed up thanks to the good old US of A.

Yeah, stuff like that used to get screwed up all the time during overseas translations.  Sometimes the American division of a company would just completely make up characters and stories to put in the instruction manuals.  For example, lets take the NES version of the original Metal Gear.  As I'm sure a few of you know, the actual plot involved Solid Snake infiltrating Outer Heaven to destroy Metal Gear,  with Big Boss playing the role of bad guy behind the scenes.  Now read what Konami USA put in the instruction manual:

VERMON CaTAFFY, TERRORIST AT LARGE
Colonel Vermon CaTaffy, a once tranquil shepard boy, who grew up on the
remote banks of the Sam Sam River in outer Mongolia with his 27 sisters,
turned to terrorism at an early age.
   Now after years of pillaging innocent people, he has taken control of
outer heaven, a small naton on the outskirts of Southe Africa.  Here he is
sole tyrant and radial dictator.  He rules with bullets and bombs, and in
only in a few months he has outlawed democracy and turned harmless villagers
into mercenaries for a global terrorist network.
   But his biggest threat is yet to come.  For, as an obsessed madman, he
has created the Ultimate Super Weapon.  It's CaTaffy's greatest dream and
the world's most hideous nightmare.
   It's called Metal Gear.  And it must be destroyed before the crazed
Colonel unleashes his violence across the globe.

A little bit about yourself
Recruited from the Marines after an heroic performance in the Grenada
invasion, you were given the code name "Solid Snake" because of your
ability to strike quickly, quietly and with deadly accuracy. 

-Zaku-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Zaku-
[QUOTE="-Zaku-"]

Zaku, is it true that the person in your sig is really a man? BTW Hugo smells.Teufelhuhn

Yeah, stuff like that used to get screwed up all the time during overseas translations.  Sometimes the American division of a company would just completely make up characters and stories to put in the instruction manuals.  For example, lets take the NES version of the original Metal Gear.  As I'm sure a few of you know, the actual plot involved Solid Snake infiltrating Outer Heaven to destroy Metal Gear,  with Big Boss playing the role of bad guy behind the scenes.  Now read what Konami USA put in the instruction manual:

VERMON CaTAFFY, TERRORIST AT LARGE
Colonel Vermon CaTaffy, a once tranquil shepard boy, who grew up on the
remote banks of the Sam Sam River in outer Mongolia with his 27 sisters,
turned to terrorism at an early age.
   Now after years of pillaging innocent people, he has taken control of
outer heaven, a small naton on the outskirts of Southe Africa.  Here he is
sole tyrant and radial dictator.  He rules with bullets and bombs, and in
only in a few months he has outlawed democracy and turned harmless villagers
into mercenaries for a global terrorist network.
   But his biggest threat is yet to come.  For, as an obsessed madman, he
has created the Ultimate Super Weapon.  It's CaTaffy's greatest dream and
the world's most hideous nightmare.
   It's called Metal Gear.  And it must be destroyed before the crazed
Colonel unleashes his violence across the globe.

A little bit about yourself
Recruited from the Marines after an heroic performance in the Grenada
invasion, you were given the code name "Solid Snake" because of your
ability to strike quickly, quietly and with deadly accuracy. 

What's funny is I have that little "novel" if you could call it that.....

meggido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meggido
Member since 2005 • 16980 Posts
SoT was great. Everything was good about it besides it's length. I never played any of the others.