Farewell Hermit Dream (11th topic pertaining to this subject. Probably last)

funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts

Today, it dawned on me: I don't actually want to be a hermit, I just wanted a personal computer. I don't like RTS, I'm not too into FPS, and I don't do WRPG's and MMO's. I thought to myself, why am I going to spend a grand or two on a computer and then some more on a monitor, when I could use that for what I really like, console gaming. As of now, I am setting my sites on a PS3. I'm breaking my oath to get one next year and buying one now. Or at least until after E3. This way I could also catch up on the hoards of PS2 games I missed (I was one of the few gamers who didn't have one). But, I looked at the 80GB BC list, and I'm not getting my hopes up. Some KHII is all I need. And there are a couple of PS3 games I want that are ount now (Warhawk, Ratchet, MGS4, a few others).

But that still leaves the question, what will I do about my need for a personal computer? Simple. Buy a laptop and be done with it. They're plenty personal, have all the features I need, and one can run just as well, if not better , than the PC I'm sitting at right now. Don't be mistaken, though. This is not for gaming. If I do buy games for it, they're going to be more of the casual/less demanding variety.

Yes, it took me a year to figure this out and no, I am certainly not the most decisive guy around, but at least I'm now well versed in the realm of graphics cards, mobos, cooling solutions, and different video inputs and their resolutions :P

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts

Don't worry. Your new found knowledge of computer hardware will be obsolete in a year. Especially after focusing on console gaming :P

Good Luck with your PS3 though. If you really want full BC you could maybe find a 60gb on Ebay or something.

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
Wow. If you don't like RTS, FPS, MMO, or WRPG games, then why bother? I say go ahead and get a PS3. I'm sure getting one as soon as I raise enough money
Cook66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Cook66
Member since 2004 • 5182 Posts
What about Spore?
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts

What about Spore?Cook66

With a bit of luck he could run it on his laptop. Or just get the DS version :lol:

funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts
Might just skip it...
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts
All in all, it is your decision. PC gaming isn't for everyone, and most of the time it is more of a pain in the ass than it is worth.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I came closer than ever recently to just forgetting about being a PC gamer. This hobby really requires you to be a patient and forgiving consumer...and I am anything but.
matt_25568

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 matt_25568
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts
To be honest, I was never big on PC gaming, not because I didn't enjoy the types of games PC has to offer, but more because I'm a failure wih computers. My computers are always incredibly slow, despite being pretty new, and games kinda suck when they look like slideshows.