Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Was meh.

It's not sh1t or anything, but there's nothing to the game. It's not as janky as it looked at E3 last year, but it's so simple. The basic enemies aren't really a threat to you, and fighting the bosses wasn't even that cool.

Like the game wants you to grab on to your enemies, and go for specific spots(think Shadow of the Colossus, but on a smaller enemy, and more "hit the wings' and not glowy spot) but really you can just grab the boss and wack at them all day. Like I killed the griffin without ever really cutting the wings off. I just grabbed on and mashed x.

Mechanically there isn't anything broken or wrong with the game, but the demo doesn't really give you much to flex with here. The combat seems basic mashing, and the enemies in the demo really don't require you to do much blocking. The boss fights were mad simple and straight forward. The whole demo just lacked any intensity, and kind of shows that the combat is shallow. Also why doesn't your dude have a dodge move? That is something so basic.

Plus the pawns should clearly be coop players, and from what I'm reading at neogaf the game is solo only.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Glad you made this thread so I didn't have to. :o

Those were pretty much my thoughts as well.

I liked the scale of it and the art design, but I didn't really feel challenged. Admittedly, the character creator is nice and the lack of challenge may be fixed in the real game, but I never felt like I was in danger of dying, and when I'm fighting big scary sh!t, I feel like that should happen. 

I also wanted a more in-depth look at the game's systems. There was no way to manage your weapons/armor/skills in the demo, so I was curious how all of that worked. I mean, when I can not really understand what I'm doing aside from grabbing onto something and stabbing it to death, or what my party members are doing (they were making my weapons all glowy and all sorts of crazy sh!t and I didn't really get how or why or what have you), and win... that's not good.

I dunno. I'm still interested in it, but that demo was pretty sh!t. I feel like the combat system and the pawn system have serious potential, though.

And if they are going to be constant companions, and there's no co-op... smh. 

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
It doesn't have co-op? For the whole demo I was thinking "I sure wish these AI companions weren't terrible approximations of co-op partners." But I unno, the ranger was fun enough to play, and I wouldn't have done co-op even if it was there. Could be a nice little rent.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]It doesn't have co-op? For the whole demo I was thinking "I sure wish these AI companions weren't terrible approximations of co-op partners." But I unno, the ranger was fun enough to play, and I wouldn't have done co-op even if it was there. Could be a nice little rent.

But WE could have broop'd cherokee jack. WE could have broop'd. ME and YOU saving the world. TOGETHER!
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jg4xchamp

Glad you made this thread so I didn't have to. :o

Those were pretty much my thoughts as well.

I liked the scale of it and the art design, but I didn't really feel challenged. Admittedly, the character creator is nice and the lack of challenge may be fixed in the real game, but I never felt like I was in danger of dying, and when I'm fighting big scary sh!t, I feel like that should happen.

I also wanted a more in-depth look at the game's systems. There was no way to manage your weapons/armor/skills in the demo, so I was curious how all of that worked. I mean, when I can not really understand what I'm doing aside from grabbing onto something and stabbing it to death, or what my party members are doing (they were making my weapons all glowy and all sorts of crazy sh!t and I didn't really get how or why or what have you), and win... that's not good.

I dunno. I'm still interested in it, but that demo was pretty sh!t. I feel like the combat system and the pawn system have serious potential, though.

And if they are going to be constant companions, and there's no co-op... smh.

DarkLink77
From what I'm reading the way the game does online is weird.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Felt the same way as you guys. The constant taking the camera away from the player to show your AI teammate doing something was incredibly annoying.
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts

Is there a kinect version so I can flap my wings like a dragon and spin around?

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

It was mehtastic. It looked nice, but the gameplay was just overly basic, and the combat just consisted of "mash X and Y to win". Also, some of the dialogue in the demo was hilariously awful.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

It was mehtastic. It looked nice, but the gameplay was just overly basic, and the combat just consisted of "mash X and Y to win". Also, some of the dialogue in the demo was hilariously awful.

drinkerofjuice

You say that like it's a bad thing...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jg4xchamp
Felt the same way as you guys. The constant taking the camera away from the player to show your AI teammate doing something was incredibly annoying. AAllxxjjnn
This is indeed incredibly annoying.
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]

Foolz3h

You say that like it's a bad thing...

Hell no. It was more entertaining than anything else in the game :P
FalconZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FalconZero
Member since 2003 • 15023 Posts

Does anyone else feel kind of guilty about killing the "boss monsters"?

I mean, the poor thing is on fire and it has a bunch of people crawling all over it and stabbing it to death.  :|  

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

I liked the scale of it and the art design

DarkLink77

the art design was generic as hell :|

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

-The-G-Man-

It was traditional mythological fantasy. I like that. Problem?
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
It's getting fairly mixed reviews, will wait for eventual PC version. Capcom has at least been good at bringing most of their titles to PC, with excellent ports at that. That way the screen tearing of the 360 one and the low fps of the PS3 one should at least be eliminated. 
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

[QUOTE="-The-G-Man-"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

It was traditional mythological fantasy. I like that. Problem?

yeah, it wasn't even well-done traditional fantasy. it was so...bland.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
It's getting fairly mixed reviews, will wait for eventual PC version. Capcom has at least been good at bringing most of their titles to PC, with excellent ports at that. That way the screen tearing of the 360 one and the low fps of the PS3 one should at least be eliminated. 110million
Yeah Capcom has great ports, but they did put their foot down on the PC version. I do hope they change their mind.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 110million

[QUOTE="110million"]It's getting fairly mixed reviews, will wait for eventual PC version. Capcom has at least been good at bringing most of their titles to PC, with excellent ports at that. That way the screen tearing of the 360 one and the low fps of the PS3 one should at least be eliminated. tagyhag
Yeah Capcom has great ports, but they did put their foot down on the PC version. I do hope they change their mind.

I just looked into that, it was kind of a stupid explanation "the pawn system makes it a bit difficult", I don't see how, it's barely an online feature in the first place. If they removed using other player's pawns and just let you use like offline ones, no one would really give a **** I imagine.  

Not sure if I'd get it eventually on console, maybe for like $30 at some point. 

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Couple of hours into the game.

it takes a while but the combat really starts getting fun once you're past the learning curve 

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 110million
Is the framerate better in the final game? 
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Is the framerate better in the final game?110million
Playing the ps3 version, it's serviceable. Can't really tell if it's better or not but there are brief periods of slowdown. Playing a strider class and i just unlocked dodge rolling and double jumping. Moving around has just gotten alot more fun.