FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Well at least that's the end of the Tebowmania in Denver. I wonder where it's going to land? Jacksonville?

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

:lol: The Simpsons has a clip for everything.

Also, :lol: Tim Tebow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

:lol: The Simpsons has a clip for everything.

Also, :lol: Tim Tebow.

The_Game21x

Wisest thing ever spoken by man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Peyton will struggle in the cold and snow. inb4 worst quarterback signing ever.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

jimkabrhel

Not to mention his track record against the Chargers recently is awful. That and the Raiders and Chiefs have enough talent to be difficult matchups for the Broncos. or the fact that they are playing the Patriots, Texans, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Saints, Falcons, and Panthers.

He passed up San Fran(by far the best roster between the 3 teams he was deciding on) and the Titans(solid D, easy division save the texans, and some good offensive weapons) for Denver? DENVER? They must have been willing to give him a crap ton in guaranteed money. Because there is no way Denver was the better option here. Plus 5 years? is he on crack? 4 neck surgeries, and this idiot thinks he has 5 more years left? Good joke. Try like 3(and that's assuming he doesn't get clocked really good over the next few seasons).

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
They haven't paid him anything yet. He only told his agent to negotiate with the donkeys.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I will miss you, Tebowmania. :'( Be reborn in another city!
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Enjoy being a Broncos fan Champ. :P

I don't think he should worry to much about the Chargers since they beat themselves. Still San Fran was the best option overall since they have almost everything else.

I'm thinking Tebow will end up in Jacksonville or Miami.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

The thought was that he and Harbaugh wouldnt share control in SF.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b78379493e12

If Tebow is a smart man, he'll go somewhere where he can be a back up to a good quaterback and learn proper technique. He needs to be a pocket quarterback who can run, not the other way around.

What's the best place for that? Green Bay. Study under Aaron Rodgers and Tom Clements, and turn that into an opportunity a few years down the road.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

Congrats to San Fransico. Not only did you not land Peyton, but way to really help build Alex Smith's confidence after he finally had a breakout season.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jg4xchamp

The thought was that he and Harbaugh wouldnt share control in SF.

sonicare

Yeah I figured Peyton being a control freak got in the way here. Broncos will adopt Manning's offense. The 49ers would want him to run their offense. I would never blame harbaugh for that kind of mentality, because we all saw how letting the QB have keys to the city hurt Brad childress. Plus with how much he looked into Brandon Marshall(which kind of explains why the dolphins traded him) my guess is he didn't want to deal with Randy Moss being Randy Moss. I still don't like the move.

Because even then. I don't see how the Broncos are better than the Titans. Broncos better be making some moves in free agency weapons wise(like Dallas Clark). I know they are supposedly looking into the Mike Wallace thing(seriously pittsburgh? seriously?) but I don't like the idea of giving up a first round pick for a player or breaking the bank on one receiver. Even if Wallace is arguably one of the best deep threats in the league right now, and a type of deep threat Manning hasn't had since Marvin Harrison(Garcon wasn't as consistent, and Reggie was never really that fast).

I don't think he should worry to much about the Chargers since they beat themselves. Still San Fran was the best option overall since they have almost everything else.

Seabas989

Norv Turner led Chargers teams are 4-1 vs Peyton Manning, including 2-0 in the playoffs. Including 2 games where Manning threw 4 or more picks(with one of them being 6 interceptions). The only game Manning beat them in was a game where Adam Vinateri made a game winning fieldgoal from 50 yards out(in the regular season). He's struggled more against San Diego lately than he has against New England.

Admittedly the Broncos don't play defense as much as the Colts do, but still.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kage_53

Even though Payton Manning is my favorite player I will never support the donkeys. Even in the same division the chiefs have a better roster than the donkeys. What a terrible choice he made..

Congrats to San Fransico. Not only did you not land Peyton, but way to really help build Alex Smith's confidence after he finally had a breakout season.

Slow_Show

40 Whiners are screwed. Alex Smith doesnt have mental toughness. He'll regress back to his old self.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Seabas989

Norv Turner led Chargers teams are 4-1 vs Peyton Manning, including 2-0 in the playoffs. Including 2 games where Manning threw 4 or more picks(with one of them being 6 interceptions). The only game Manning beat them in was a game where Adam Vinateri made a game winning fieldgoal from 50 yards out(in the regular season). He's struggled more against San Diego lately than he has against New England.

Admittedly the Broncos don't play defense as much as the Colts do, but still.

Oh I know Manning sucks against San Diego. But at the same time I don't trust the Chargers against other teams. I can see them sweep the Broncos but then get swept by the Raiders or Chiefs. They have a history of bad starts and disappointments which is why I say they beat themselves.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kage_53

Charages are really good. It's just that their special teams are always garbage. 2 years ago they had #1 ranked offense and #1 ranked defense yet they still missed the playoffs. Look at this. It's embarassing....

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jg4xchamp

The Chargers are just poorly coached, and their rankings in stats are so overrated. They been feasting on the AFC west. Only in the past 2 years has the AFC west been capable of actually giving the Chargers trouble, and that's resulted in them losing in the playoffs. Usually they get away with slow starts, because the AFC west usually tanks it. Either because Jay Quitler was there(08), or the division just sucked(07 and 09).

Rivers game is also too much about just throwing it up to his tall ass receivers. This year when Vincent Jackson looked like he wasn't trying it got him picked off a lot. He's got a good arm, and a nice release. His motion is weird, but he makes a lot of his plays because of his weapons(so do a lot of QBs, but well). The lack of a safety net(darren sproles), a hurt antonio gates, and Jackson not bailing him out kind of exposed him last year.

They need a replacement for Sproles. It's not a shocker that Drew Brees had arguably his best year when they got him Sproles(a check down that can turn dump offs into huge plays), and Rivers had his worst(2nd worst). Ryan Matthews isn't nearly as elusive and quick in the open field like sproles was. For Brees it was the perfect replacement for Reggie Bush. That and how is Norv still their coach? Marty got the boot after 14-2, but Norv stays after missing the playoffs twice, and having a slow start for 5 straight seasons? The logic mystifies me here.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Slow_Show

So Tebow's a Jet and Sean Payton is gonna want to make sure he has a very comfy couch (and Gregg Williams is really gonna want to make sure he has a very comfy couch).

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kage_53

lol I wonder how Tebow would react when Rex Ryan gets up in his face..And why the jets anyway ? I thought they gave Sanchez an extension ?

Saints stuff ain't surprising. Goodel talks about player safety a lot. He made them an example. Giving people to money to potentially end another players career is pathetic.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jg4xchamp
Lol tebow in New Jersey. And damn. I don't like goodell, but respect for the suspension and ban. Man's at least backing up his idea of player safety.
Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Slow_Show

Saints GM Mickey Loomis suspended without pay for first eight regular-season games of the '12 season.

I don't even...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jg4xchamp
Probably should have given him the whole year as well. Didn't think GM's got paid by games.
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/man-obituary-says-wanted-die-broncos-acquired-peyton-230608456.html

This is how fuking crazy Bronco/Tebow fans are.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jg4xchamp

jimkabrhel

Way to totally be wrong about stuff Jim. Good going bro.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kage_53

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

jg4xchamp

Way to totally be wrong about stuff Jim. Good going bro.

You're just as wrong as he is.

Way to get totally self owned by saying the Giants are a good road team roflmao. That 3-5 road record sure is impressive especially when they got blown out against the Bungles, Ravens, Falcons and their average margin of defeat is 12 points. Only the Giants are capable of letting a team that started 3-6 take control of the NFC Least. If there was an award for biggest collapse I'd give it a tie to the Giants and the Bears.

Also since you were saying the Seahawks are a bad road team, I'll say this: Seahawks are so bad on the road that they blew out the Giants at their own stadium with Tarvaris Jackson as the QB last year and that team is much worse than one right now. Also they have not lost a game by more than 1 score all season long and have the best record in the nfl against teams with a winning record.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp

Also since you were saying the Seahawks are a bad road team, I'll say this: Seahawks are so bad on the road that they blew out the Giants at their own stadium with Tarvaris Jackson as the QB last year and that team is much worse than one right now. Also they have not lost a game by more than 1 score all season long and have the best record in the nfl against teams with a winning record.

kage_53

Kage are you retarded?

How are you going to play the last year card, while going on some gay little tangent about how the giants suck on the road this year. Last year they were a good road team. With the proof being they won playoff games in San Fran and GreenBay. While getting some decisive victories in the regular season in Dallas and New England. And the seahawks were a mediocre at best team last year. Congrats they won a game against the SB champions. What is the concept of any given sunday new to you?

Besides who the hell expected the Giants defense to actually completely go non existent(JPP has been underwhelming this year), and Eli and that offense looked impressive one week, and pathetic the next.

And the seahawks? I stand by that they are not a good road team(how the f*ck do you even argue otherwise, they have losing record on the road 3-5 dweeb). One of their big wins was handed to them by the god damn refs as they had no business what so ever on beating The Packers. They will not go into San fran, or Greenbay, or Atlanta to win a playoff game. I could see them beating the foreskins or the cowgirls, and even then I'd still bet on either of the east winners. The seahawks have a great D, that's nice. Still not nearly as impressive a team on the road as they are at home(and that's always been the case even when they were an elite NFC team with Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselback).

As for Denver. I stand by the fact that Peyton made the wrong choice. San Fran was the better go. Denver's defense is frankly a little overrated due to stat sheet viewers and playing the AFC West. WHat happened when they were playign Houston, Atlanta, and New England? or The Steelers? They were giving up big plays on third down. There is a reason they only won one of those games. All he inherited was a better duo of wide receivers, and the ability to stay the control freak he's always been, and landed back in the weaker conference(the NFC is just deeper). With a healthy Justin Smith San Fran is a top 3 defense. Frank Gore and company are a better running game than he has right now, and that offensive line is rock solid. Wid receivers would be a drop off from Thomas and Decker(and really only Thomas is a dominant #1 type receiver, decker is more complimentary territory).

As a team, San Fran would be more dominating than what he has in Denver. As a shot at the superbowl? Okay he might have lucked out considering this years AFC might as well just be Denver vs New England already.

Besides nothing I said was ever as dumb as this little gem

Even in the same division the chiefs have a better roster than the donkeys.

kage_53

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kage_53

[QUOTE="kage_53"]

jg4xchamp

Kage are you retarded?

How are you going to play the last year card, while going on some gay little tangent about how the giants suck on the road this year. Last year they were a good road team. With the proof being they won playoff games in San Fran and GreenBay. While getting some decisive victories in the regular season in Dallas and New England. And the seahawks were a mediocre at best team last year. Congrats they won a game against the SB champions. What is the concept of any given sunday new to you?

You said Giants are a good road team. You never said which year. Also no. If you are a good road team you should win 6 games there. You're just an above average road team if you get 5.

Besides who the hell expected the Giants defense to actually completely go non existent(JPP has been underwhelming this year), and Eli and that offense looked impressive one week, and pathetic the next.jg4xchamp

Me. Remember last time Giants won the SB. Giants have no motivation what's so ever.

And the seahawks? I stand by that they are not a good road team(how the f*ck do you even argue otherwise, they have losing record on the road 3-5 dweeb). One of their big wins was handed to them by the god damn refs as they had no business what so ever on beating The Packers. jg4xchamp
How come they don't get blown out then ? And honestly they should have had 5 road wins right now if the recievers actually caught the ball against arizona in week 1 and if the refs didn't take back Chancellors pick 6 against Miami. Seahawks have a defense good enough to let them be in any game. They have a QB who leads the NFL in total QBR after week 5 and the second best back in the league.

Yes they did. Seahawks should have won the game 13-7. Packers got a lucky break when they flagged Chancellor for a PI. Green Bay scored on the same drive. Bad calls went both ways. Oh and I guarentee you had the Packers beat the Seahawks like that nobody would have said a damn thing. Just like now. They are all saying Seahawks are the most dangerous team right now. That pretty much means "they are the best team right now but it's Seattle so we can't say they are the best team. The don't play on the east coast."

They will not go into San fran, or Greenbay, or Atlanta to win a playoff game. I could see them beating the foreskins or the cowgirls, and even then I'd still bet on either of the east winners. The seahawks have a great D, that's nice. Still not nearly as impressive a team on the road as they are at home(and that's always been the case even when they were an elite NFC team with Shaun Alexander and Matt Hasselback). jg4xchamp

San Fran is hurting right now. Justin Smith is gone. Vernon Davis got lit up and has a concussion. Manningham is done. Without Justin Smith Seahawks can go in and win at SF. As far as Greenbay. Both teams are a lot better than when they played each other. Seahawks have the best D in the league and held one of the best scoring offenses to 14 points. Packers can't run the ball. Seahawks can. If they play that will be the difference. Atlanta is overrated as hell. They have not played good for the past 4 weeks. They almost lost to the bucs and lost the panthers. Also they can't run the ball either. Atlanta chokes in the playoffs.

As for Denver. I stand by the fact that Peyton made the wrong choice. San Fran was the better go. Denver's defense is frankly a little overrated due to stat sheet viewers and playing the AFC West. WHat happened when they were playign Houston, Atlanta, and New England? or The Steelers? They were giving up big plays on third down. There is a reason they only won one of those games. All he inherited was a better duo of wide receivers, and the ability to stay the control freak he's always been, and landed back in the weaker conference(the NFC is just deeper). With a healthy Justin Smith San Fran is a top 3 defense. Frank Gore and company are a better running game than he has right now, and that offensive line is rock solid. Wid receivers would be a drop off from Thomas and Decker(and really only Thomas is a dominant #1 type receiver, decker is more complimentary territory).

As a team, San Fran would be more dominating than what he has in Denver. As a shot at the superbowl? Okay he might have lucked out considering this years AFC might as well just be Denver vs New England already. jg4xchamp
He made the right choose by playing in a weaker conference and in the worst division in the league. It's easier to get to the playoffs.

Besides nothing I said was ever as dumb as this little gemjg4xchamp

Even in the same division the chiefs have a better roster than the donkeys.

kage_53

Chiefs have a better back and a better defense. If you take Payton Manning out of the Donkeys and put him on the Chiefs the Chiefs would have 11 to 12 wins right now. All the QBs the chiefs have suck. That's the difference.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jg4xchamp

I'm not quote chaining that.

A: First of all when did I even say this? Because I don't even see that post in this thread. Second of all They won 2 of their superbowls while getting hot on the road. They are a winning team on the road for Eli and Coughlins run in New York. This is there first losing season on the road since like 2004. On their 2 superbowl runs. They needed to win 5 road games, including the title games. On top of that they won 2 superbowls which is a neutral site. Average road teams don't have a winning record on the road, and average road teams don't win playoff games on the road en route to a superbowl. Sin it anyway you want. I could understand if I said they were the best road team, but I said they were good. And they are. Eli has more road playoff wins than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady combined, and you're gonna tell me they weren't good on the road before this year? What's your argument beyond this year?

B: They were the #1 seed in the NFC in 2008, and would have been a lot more competitive in the playoffs if Plaxico had not shot himself :|

C: Who the hell uses ESPNs gay little QBR nonsense? A loss is a loss is a loss. Detroit isnt' a good team, and they don't get blown out in all their losses(until the last 2 games they've had). A lot of their losses have been close. Doesn't make them a good team, and it doesn't make Seattle good on the Road. They have one quality win on the road, and that was against a banged up Chicago team. Nothing about their road performances has been worth defending outside of sure that defense travels well. And do not give me some BS about dropped passes and that sh1t, when you're defending the inaccurate reception. There are bad calls, and then there is that sh1t.

D: I already said they need a healthy Justin SMith. Manningham is a role player at best, hardly a great receiver. And Vernon Davis is gonna miss what, a game? That's the last game of the year. If they take care of business with Arizona they are a 3seed and deal with who ever the #6. So by the team they even have to deal with Seattle they would be healthier. Albeit sure losing Justin Smith changes this defense.

And they caught GreenBay when their receivers were banged up. Yes that line is questionable at best, but in Lambo, in the cold, and a healthy Greenbay team Seattle isn't winning. Plus a rookie QB in the playoffs. There is a reason no rookie has made it past a conference title game. Agreed on Atlanta being chokers, but they are a lot like Seattle. At home they can be a powerhouse, and that defense has played better than advertised. Seattle's not winning in that dome. Neither are the 2 NFC east teams that might get in. That said again this is an any given sunday league. Seattle was an actual good final throw away from losing to Carolina, and the Buccs have been competitive in most of their games and some talent on offense(Doug Martin for instance).

E: I agreed with this sentiment that he picked the easier road to a superbowl. But San Fran would have been the better team.

F: THe broncos have the better receivers since all KC has is Bowe(baldwin sucks, and their tight end might as well be a push as he's basically right in line with Dreason and Tamme). O-line is inconsistent as f*ck. It's good for running the ball, but they aren't that solid at pass protection. Defensively THe Broncos still have guys like Von Miller who is a better outside linebacker than Tamba Hali. Dumervill is rock solid. Derek Wolfe is good to, and has played much better than Poe(the other rookie DT). Derrick Johnson is running on name, and Wesly Woodyard has been just as productive.

If Eric Berry was actually like he was in say 2010 you would have a point, but the secondary for both teams has similar issues. Safety play is capable of being solid, but not dominant. Corners are really good(even an aging Champ, but sure FLowers would be better on the premise that he's younger). Player for player they aren't better on defense, where as player for player you subtract the QBs the offense in Denver is much better. It was a mostly average offense that with a good D that took them to the playoffs in 2010. The problem here is not only is the offense garbage, but defensively they get ripped a new one.

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kage_53

1. On the gufuyourself sports threat you created. No ****, Tom Brady and Payton Manning play at home almost all the time so of course Eli will have more road wins. They were throwing in the endzone in the 4th quarter with barely any time left and had multiple dropped passes in the endzone. See, unlike you I actually watch the games instead of looking at the scoreboard. So why do you have a problem with the packers losing to the seahawks with a bs call when the same thing happenned to them in Miami ? Either way you look at it Seahawks should be 10-5 right now.

2. Big deal. Every other team has injuries in the playoffs and a key player missing. Why do the giants get exemption to this rule ?

3. The QBR is legit. It's better than pass rating. That banged up Chicago team still held the Seahawks to 10 points until Russel Wilson torched them in the next 2 drives which led to the Bears being where they are now. Seahawks had constant o-line shuffling during that stretch. If your team is banged up who cares. That's like asking teams that beat GB to remove their wins because they were not healthy.

4. Missing Vernon Davis is huge. They need to win now or they could end up playing on the road as a wildcard team should the Seahawks beat the Rams.. He's their 2nd best player on offense. Without Vernon Davis around, SF can lose that game quite easily because Kapernick doesn't have any options outside of Crabtree should they fall behind which can happen because Arizona does have a good D.

So ? Seattle has cold weather too this time of year. Our temperature has been around 32-42 degrees this month. If affects more teams that play in a domed stadium or ones that play in the south. And Atlanta like I said before can not run the ball. You can not win in the playoffs if you can't run the ball Seahawks have the best secondary in the league and I guarentee you Matt Ryan will throw multiple picks. He had 5 against the Raiders and last time I checked Seahawks have the best secondary in the league and will have all of their corners available.

I'm pretty sure Rapistburger was a rookie when the Steelers won SBXL ?

5 The receivers are the same. Peyton Manning just made them look good. Their QBs hold the ball too long. Denvers front 7 is slightly better but Chiefs secondary is better which actually matters more now because the league is pass happy. Justin Houston does have potential to be someone who can get 13-16 sacks a season. Their roster has more youth on their side. Eric Berry has more PD's this season than in 2010. Sure he doesn't have the same amount of picks but his coverage is better.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jg4xchamp

Rapist was in his 2nd year. His rookie year is 04.

I still don't see how a team. That usually has a winning record on the road, and wins road games to get to the superbowl, and then proceeds to win those superbowls isn't a good road team outside of this year where they just underperform to hell and back? There is no logical argument saying otherwise.

Um that's not the f*cking point. You're saying their collapse was expected because of what they did in 2008. In 2008 they were the #1 seed. They are out of the playoffs this year. That's 2 completely different things, derp. They were a dominant team in the NFC that year.

I'm not saying Seattle didn't win because Greenbay was hurt. I'm saying they got the most bullsh1t call in the history of sports next to Miami's fake PI against Ohio State. I'm saying come playoff time they aren't f*cking with a healthy Greenbay team in Greenbay. They have one noteworthy win on the road and that was Chicago. For them to make it to the superbowl they need to win 3 road games. The foreskins(im assuming the cowboys), then Atlanta(assuming again San fran beats the #6 seed), and if they beat them they gotta handle either GreenBay or San Fran. Atlanta has 2 weeks to prepare to get that "stupid monkey" off their back, and the other 2 are fully capable of handling them when they don't have to play in Seattle.

As for the drops. You're comparing your team slacking(plus didn't you guys get an extra timeout or some sh1t) to the refs screwing over Greenbay. The first one is at least on the players. The 2nd one? That's because of a bad call by a retarded person. As for the Miami part, okay. So they should be 10-5 anyway. Still doesn't change the premise that the refs beat the Packers, not the Seahawks.

I'm not denying Davis being huge. I'm denying that Davis will miss a game with the Seahawks. San Fran wins, they go to Greenbay. The earliest Seattle sees them again is the title game(that's if san fran wins). By then Davis should be back. I sincerely doubt Arizona wins largely because they have very little to play for(besides Ken's job I guess, and even then he shouldn't be fired), and as good as their defense is their offense is that much more pathetic.

Front 7 didn't stop being important all of a sudden considering they get a lot more pressure on the opposing QB than KC(even the Seahawks secondary thrives off guys like Bruce Irvin/Chris Clemons and company). And potential is potential. Von Miller specifically is putting up those sack numbers. But yeah Justin Houston should be probowling it this year. And the secondary is barely better on the premise of their age. Otherwise Denver's secondary has played really well in creating turnovers and playing pass D post bye. Whether they are more like the team that played New England or what they have been playing like now is something we'll find out in the playoffs.

Plus Thomas went ham in a playoff game with Tim Tebow throwing him the ball. Decker was on pace to finish top 5 in receptions last year when Kyle Orton was throwing. They are much better duo than what he'd have in KC where all he'd really have is Dwayne Bowe. Charles is significantly better than Willis McGahee or Moreno. The tight ends are a wash, O-line it's denver, and 3rd/4th options at wide receivers are a wash as well. Stokley is old as f*ck, he's living on his chemistry with Peyton. Otherwise he'd be a slot receiver they need to replace.

As for Atlanta. The Colts made it to the superbowl in 09 without being much of a running team. The Giants were inconsistent as f*ck at running the ball last year. The Packers made it to the superbowl with a patchwork running game. New England last year? Was every bit a throw first time(fair enough you could argue cundiff put them in the superbowl). I'm not saying the lack of a running game won't hurt them. I'm not even saying Atlanta won't choke(I do not think they will make it to the Superbowl, or win if they actually made it). As far as everyone is concerned they have to prove to everyone else. But the lack of a run game isn't the death sentence it was years ago, especially not for a dome team and one that is that pass happy. QB play means that much more. And Matt Ryan is at the least more productive than a rookie Russel Wilson. Mike Nolan's defense has been productive for the most part also. Albeit they give up a lot of yards.

Plus in more cases than one it's the playoffs. What you do in the regular season is not indicative of what you will do in the playoffs. 06 colts come to mind in terms of defense. Last years giants with the toned down turnovers in the playoffs. With yes your counterargument being Seattle on the Road

I get your homerism for Seattle, but I would personally bet against them on the road. Rookie QB, seattle's track record on the road that hasn't been good for a long time, and 3 fairly strong division winners who play well at home. That's a difficult task even if you have a great defense and a great quarterback.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

lulz. Denver = legal buds. That's what we should be discussing.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Since marijuana was legalized in Washington and Colorado, Seattle and Denver have not lost at home.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Since marijuana was legalized in Washington and Colorado, Seattle and Denver have not lost at home.Blabadon

Can they still screen for THC in lieu of the new laws? I don't see why they should, considering it IS legal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Since marijuana was legalized in Washington and Colorado, Seattle and Denver have not lost at home.psn8214

Can they still screen for THC in lieu of the new laws? I don't see why they should, considering it IS legal.

Different standards for professional stports than for the general public.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Since marijuana was legalized in Washington and Colorado, Seattle and Denver have not lost at home.psn8214

I'm fairly certain they can, as no drugs are allowed at all in most athlete's bodies unless prescribed by team doctors.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jg4xchamp
So much pain this week Peyton Manning, John Fox, and the king of all bums this week Raheem Moore. You scumbag.
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
I may be stupid but ive just placed 100£ on the Pats to win the Super Bowl.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jg4xchamp
Kage what do you think of this past playoff weekend? Peyton? etc. Personally I think it's going to be Patriots vs 49ers. Albeit the Ravens do give the Patriots trouble, and it's not unlikely that the Falcons can't beat the 9ers in that dome.