Gamespot PreOrder: Anyone else have this problem?

stuff1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 stuff1138
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

So I pre-ordered GT6 on 06/26/2013 from gamestop.com. Today is release the day! I have been waiting for this day for months...BUT...I'm not getting it today. I'm getting it on Dec 11th (according to the UPS tracking details of my order.)

What?!?!!?!!

I didn't pre-order the game over 5 months ago so I can wait 5 extra days to get it. That's beyond unacceptable.

Anyone else have this problem?

stuff1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By stuff1138

argh! pardon the typo in the title. That should read Gamestop not gamespot. Either way this sucks.

KrisVlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By KrisVlad

You may have to wait simply for the shipping. They don't actually GET the physical copies until that day. If you don't pick it up yourself, then a courier has to pick it up, sort it, and deliver it to you. That takes time.

I just went to a local GameStop and picked it up with cash on the release date. You don't really need to pre-order these... they are not crazy popular like Call of Duty or Battlefield.

stuff1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stuff1138

That's total BS I got GT5 the day of. That was what I was told was going to happen with GT6 and that's what I expected. Otherwise I would have gone to the store to pick it up too. I've been trying to get a hold of their customer service to no avail as well.

Oh well.

And if you want the pre-order cars you have to pre-order it *shrug* or wait a year until they are released to everyone.