VOTE: What Did You Think of Nintendo's Press Conference?

gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

The company began their presentation with more details on the new Star Fox game. But they soon followed up with announcements of brand new games like The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. Here's a roundup of all the news and announcements featured during the presentation.

What Did You Think of Nintendo's Press Conference?

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

Toon Link's face couldn't say it any better!

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

So bad, sometimes i just wish they just stay away from the West.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Very much of a letdown. The Treehouse event is actually pretty nice as we get to see some games in action, but the new games announced (or lack thereof) during the digital event were pretty crappy. I don't even think Star Fox looks that great. Still a few titles I'm pretty stoked about, but I was hoping for more. Seems like the future for WiiU is pretty bleak.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

It wasn't awesome but I wasn't disappointed. It showed what we knew about, and the surprises were cool but not mind blowing.

L0rd_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By L0rd_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 64 Posts

A huge disappointment, they seem to have messed up most of the things they touched

XDragon8878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XDragon8878
Member since 2015 • 32 Posts

I'm just going to say it! Nintendo is officially Dead! I am so glad I sold my wii u; in fact, it will be my last product I ever waste money on from nintendo. I grew up with nintendo...snes and n64 will probably be the only consoles when nintendo had life....and now teaming ammibos (used to have 26 of them until I sold them) up with skylanders!!?? Now there just being sellouts....nothing but spin-offs at e3! Sorry fanboys, but after 17 years of playing nintendo, I will officially say it's game over for nintendo! They are better off doing what sega did, kill their consoles and just make games for the better companies!

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Better than their E3 2008 (Wii Music -shudders-). Pretty much on par with E3 2012. Cute, family friendly, not much hype and left us unsatisfied.

Excited for Star Fox, Xenoblade, FE Fate, SMTxFE, and Yokai Watch, but they're mostly pretty niche and not exactly system sellers outside of Japan.

I'll keep my eye on TriForce and Paper Jam. I will fight for that Yarn Yoshi amiibo.

That "Metroid" game and Animal Crossing Festival were some of the bigger disappointments.

Mario Maker looks fun but the amount of time they gave for it was a bit of a hype killer since we already seen enough of it.

The Smash Pre-E3 Direct generated more hype, which is a shame considering the surprises were leaked the day prior. Actually, a lot of their previous directs were more exciting than their E3 2015. A combination of high expectations with nothing all that surprising shown made this E3 very underwhelming.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

It was neither awesome nor disappointing.

There are new 3DS games announced today (Mario & Luigi, Zelda) with additional games like Bravely Second and Fire Emblem to make me want a 3ds that much more,

The problem however is there was nothing the Wii U has that we didn't already know about from at least a year ago except that Animal Crossing game which I don't care about.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

@xdragon8878 said:

I'm just going to say it! Nintendo is officially Dead! I am so glad I sold my wii u; in fact, it will be my last product I ever waste money on from nintendo. I grew up with nintendo...snes and n64 will probably be the only consoles when nintendo had life....and now teaming ammibos (used to have 26 of them until I sold them) up with skylanders!!?? Now there just being sellouts....nothing but spin-offs at e3! Sorry fanboys, but after 17 years of playing nintendo, I will officially say it's game over for nintendo! They are better off doing what sega did, kill their consoles and just make games for the better companies!

lol. you gonna go copy/pasting this all over the forums?

XDragon8878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XDragon8878
Member since 2015 • 32 Posts

@Hatiko:

Lol no...sorry had a rage moment from nintendo betraying us true fans and being sellouts!

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

What are you guys complaining about? The rumors of a new Animal Crossing game for the Wii U were true! We wanted a new Metroid game and they announced one! And how long have we been waiting for a true Paper Mario game?!

All's I'm sayin' is, Nintendid what "no comprendo."

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@xdragon8878: Couldn't agree more, trading mine in this week. NX will be released next year it seems.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

it seemed like a great show for 3DS, but the Wii U is looking dead for 2016. I don't see how 3DS gets Metroid, Mario RPG, 2 Zelda games, and Wii U got Mario Tennis. What a joke.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It was pretty bad.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

What WiiU games are coming out the rest of the year? I can only name six.

Fatal Frame
Devil's Third
Yoshi's Woolly World
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
StarFox Zero

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Quite flat, Its not as good as last year...they miss showing games that was on last year's E3, at least they gave a release date for Xenoblade X...Starfox looked alright nothing wow-ing...Supa Mario Maker is looking sweet...wasted time on Yoshi Woolly World. Unsure why the Mario 30th Anniversary crap...want to see games at E3. Hopefully any Nintendo Directs coming after E3 will be better. :P

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I thought it was awesome.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Meh

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

O wow, now Gamespot shows Wii U some love. Fack you Gamespot,

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

I thought the press conference was good. I saw several 3DS games that I would like to own, but my budget cannot handle another game system. I saw several Wii U games that were not on my wish list previously, but I am going to have to add now (Mario Maker, Star Fox Zero, Xenoblade Chronicles X). Far from being hostile to third party developers Nintendo was showing how they are partnering with Activision and Koei. I see the Amiibo and Skylanders business deal as being a win for Nintendo, Activision and Nintendo fans. Yoshi's Wooly World knocking my socks off! Happy 30th Anniversary Nintendo! You have entertained over a billion gamers in the last 30 years, and you continue to innovate.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33098 Posts

Not a disaster, but just okay. It could have been better.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#23 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

@super600: This.

@xdragon8878 said:

And releasing bad games of their IP's and selling horribly in the process is also much better?

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Disappointed, but I kinda abandoned Nintendo's home consoles, when I sold my Wii. 3DS has been pretty awesome after that though. Gonna skip the Wii U and hope that the Nx is backwards compatible, but not at the expense of hardware.

Nx better pack a punch and not just gimmicks. I was all in for motion controls and the gamepad, but third parties will keep ignoring Nintendo, if they don't start to use some decent fucking hardware.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts
@elheber said:

We wanted a new Metroid game and they announced one!

but what do we get? metroid+halo!?

started to think one of their IPs went to the deep,dark abyssal void one game at a time.

on topic: I'm disappointed in how it turns out to be...so I'd better take the Animal Crossing HHD,Yoshi's woolly world,and an initiative choice of games they have back there, got interested with the Amiibo festival too,but I have a feeling it won't last long...again, I'm disappointed in how the event worked its thing with that muppet filler...cripes. I'd rather wish next time Ninty do this thing again.better be an anime..because that's gonna be badass and semi-kawaii.

I have yet to have a WiiU that might replace the aged Wii,let's hope that these are put to consideration

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@xdragon8878 said:

@Hatiko:

Lol no...sorry had a rage moment from nintendo betraying us true fans and being sellouts!

If you were a true fan you wouldn't have sold all your stuff. You ought to realize by now that it will be a collectors item worth lots of cash.

OT I am a little disappointed in the Direct itself. They needed to include Devil's 3rd, Fatal Frame, and bump up the launch of XCX to November. I'm not super stoked to be buying a game in december vs november. No mention of Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Project Treasure and I think that the mention of no Mainline Animal Crossing game is a sin. I'm more disappointed that the good stuff is on 3DS and no mention of Wii U. I know NX fixes this in the future, but its of no consolation now.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Disappointing, but not nearly as bad as some fanboys are claiming.

L0rd_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By L0rd_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 64 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:
@xdragon8878 said:

@Hatiko:

If you were a true fan you wouldn't have sold all your stuff. You ought to realize by now that it will be a collectors item worth lots of cash.

OT I am a little disappointed in the Direct itself. They needed to include Devil's 3rd, Fatal Frame, and bump up the launch of XCX to November. I'm not super stoked to be buying a game in december vs november. No mention of Project Giant Robot, Project Guard, Project Treasure and I think that the mention of no Mainline Animal Crossing game is a sin. I'm more disappointed that the good stuff is on 3DS and no mention of Wii U. I know NX fixes this in the future, but its of no consolation now.

So to be a true Nintendo fan you have to save you console until it is worth lots of money and then sell it to a true fan? I think people are doing that with amiibos already I guess...

And yes the Nintendo conference was awful, I agree with you there

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

The way Nintendo present themselves as game development as an art form is head and shoulders above anybody else in the industry. Even though all the content might not be for everybody, watching their presentation is more akin to visiting an art exhibit in the sense of the creators telling the visitors "this is what we've been working on". A lot of people seem to be missing the most important things which is the persons connection between the controller and what is on screen.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@Heirren said:

The way Nintendo present themselves as game development as an art form is head and shoulders above anybody else in the industry. Even though all the content might not be for everybody, watching their presentation is more akin to visiting an art exhibit in the sense of the creators telling the visitors "this is what we've been working on". A lot of people seem to be missing the most important things which is the persons connection between the controller and what is on screen.

I don't care how they present their games when they don't have any interesting games to present. Their big game this year, Star Fox, looks like a Wii game and no online support? In 2015? Come on, Star Fox would be perfect for some online multiplayer. It seems to me like they just quickly threw Start Fox together because they realized they had no interesting games for the year after Zelda got pushed back. It's sad because that's not usually the way Nintendo operates. Xenoblade was the only thing that stood out during the conference and that's not even Nintendo's game.

I really want a reason to play my Wii U but Nintendo isn't giving me any.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Toxic-Seahorse: Sony didnt present nothing for 2015 and people are praising their presentation as the best E3 ever. Its a joke to me, but if Sony fans are happy with what they got, then o well, they be happy then. Sure Nintendo didnt wow, but the hate that is coming down is a joke and an embarrassment to this industry. People should be ashamed of themselves, they be acting like crabs in a bucket, they didnt get their game, so no ones getting any games now. So sad.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Utter disappointment.

I've lost all interest I had in Star Fox. The only new game I'm excited for is Paper Mario & Luigi or whatever it was called.

Everything else I'm excited for on Wii U is stuff we already knew about prior to E3.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Toxic-Seahorse

@mesome713 said:

@Toxic-Seahorse: Sony didnt present nothing for 2015 and people are praising their presentation as the best E3 ever. Its a joke to me, but if Sony fans are happy with what they got, then o well, they be happy then. Sure Nintendo didnt wow, but the hate that is coming down is a joke and an embarrassment to this industry. People should be ashamed of themselves, they be acting like crabs in a bucket, they didnt get their game, so no ones getting any games now. So sad.

This isn't System Wars. I don't care what Sony did or did not do. The fact is that Nintendo has nothing for the Wii U and E3 proved it. I don't hate Nintendo, I'm just disappointed that that's all they have to show. We get a half-assed Star Fox game and yarn Yoshi. That's it. They have nothing for the Wii U except the promise of Zelda which comes out who knows when. The conference wasn't as bad as the realization that Nintendo has pretty much given up on the Wii U and as someone who has invested quite a bit into the Wii U, it's frustrating.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@Heirren said:

I don't care how they present their games when they don't have any interesting games to present. Their big game this year, Star Fox, looks like a Wii game and no online support? In 2015? Come on, Star Fox would be perfect for some online multiplayer. It seems to me like they just quickly threw Start Fox together because they realized they had no interesting games for the year after Zelda got pushed back. It's sad because that's not usually the way Nintendo operates. Xenoblade was the only thing that stood out during the conference and that's not even Nintendo's game.

Nothing interested you. That is fine. I can't argue that. However, that is up to the individual to decide.

I am a big fan of the puppets. I have not played the game so I'm not sure how it will play out from a visual perspective, completely, but I like that it resembles the original and 64 in many ways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Toxic-Seahorse: Yeah, forgive me for bringing up Sony, its not fair and doesnt belong in our threads. This is about Nintendo only i guess. Sucks you didnt find anything that interest you, nothing we can do about it i guess. Good luck finding something that does interest you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#36 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I don't want to vote, since I did not think they had a great showing but I also walked away seeing several promising games that I will likely want to buy.

One of the glaring problems is that Nintendo didn't have a lot of surprises, and many of the games they showed are ones we already knew about. Of those games we already knew about, very few had a lot of new information revealed about them.

We already knew about Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World, Xenoblade X, Fire Emblem Fate, Fire Emblem X SMT (whatever it is called now), Yo-Kai Watch, the new 3DS Animal Crossing, etc.... I will say that Super Mario Maker really just looks awesome, and Yoshi's Wooly World is coming along better than I'd expected. Xenoblade and both Fire Emblem games are things I'm also very interested in, but they had little business being at the event since little new information was revealed.

We knew Star Fox Zero was in development. It looks cool and all, and I really like how the ships can turn into rovers and walking things.... But felt underwhelmed by the graphics of the game, and I guess I'd expected something meatier to headline the entire event.

Nintendo's foray into making Skylanders figures was really unexpected, but also really weird. I'm not going to question why Nintendo chose to make DK and Bowser the playable characters, but I'm going to question why they're even doing this to begin with - why not make the DK and Bowser Amiibos work with the game instead? That seems like it would make more sense!

The Wii-U Animal Crossing mini-game thing... It just looks awful. Why not just make a console Animal Crossing for the Wii-U? Who needs another Mario Party game with Animal Crossing characters? Idk, just seemed stupid to me.

I may not speak for everyone, but I also thought Zelda: Triforce Heroes looked lousy. They use resources from A Link Between Worlds, but then make it into a Four Swords-styled game... And then they have Link dressing up in a fashion-savvy land. It just does not sound like a good Zelda game by any stretch.

I actually liked the reveal of Metroid Prime Federation, and Mario & Luigi Paper Jam. I think those were the only two positive surprises, other than Star Fox Zero. If you wanna count Earthbound Beginnings, then that was also positive.

It wasn't a good E3 for Nintendo, but many of the games they showed - new or not - are sure buys for me.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Toxic-Seahorse

@Heirren said:
@Toxic-Seahorse said:
@Heirren said:

Nothing interested you. That is fine. I can't argue that. However, that is up to the individual to decide.

I am a big fan of the puppets. I have not played the game so I'm not sure how it will play out from a visual perspective, completely, but I like that it resembles the original and 64 in many ways.

Fair enough. Also, I've always liked Nintendo's presentations. They're kind of odd and quirky, which you don't really get with any other company. However, that's not going to make me look past the severe lack of content (especially Wii U content) in the presentation. and yes, it does look like Star Fox 64, and that's not a good thing in my opinion. Not only does it look terrible for an HD console game, but it looks like it borrows too much from Star Fox 64. Most of us wanted a brand new Star Fox game, but it looks like they just threw a game together making it as close to a game they already made as possible so they could use as little effort as possible. The demo they showed didn't look appealing at all to me. There's almost no detail in any of the models or the worlds, it literally looks like a sharper Star Fox 64. I just expected so much more from them when I bought a Wii U.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Saying it was bad is a bit of an overstatement. People saying Nintendo is dead are nuts but that's video gamers for you.

I'd say it was just uneventful. The stuff they announced was fine but it wasn't that exciting to me.

That being said... STAR FOX LOOKS AWESOME!

Also, I'm glad we finally have a release date for Xenoblade Chronicles X.... it's just a shame that it's still so far away.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Toxic-Seahorse:

It is too early to tell. The control concepts they showed were completely different though. It maintains the core gameplay but seems to elaborate on it as well. If there is one area that I thought "really?!" were the use of the downC/leftC N64 flip and 180 means of maneuvering.

Fetseroony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fetseroony
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts

I only liked the muppets. That was funny, the rest of the games were also a joke.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#41 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Hated it a 3D Mario,Metroid or no info on Zelda on Wii U made it a massive letdown and also the fact it seemed more focused on the 3DS than Wii U.