Do you think gaming can help mental well-being?

ladysiryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 ladysiryn
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

A bit more serious of a topic here and kind of a personal question, but what are some of the ways you handle stress-management, anxiety, or depression? There’s so much talk lately (and always) about how much video-games can harm well-being or “cause violence” and etc, but do you believe that games have the power to help? Has there been a time in your life where it has helped?

This issue has hit me and many of my gaming friends hard in various times in our lives, and I wanted to know, what are some of the ways you have tried to handle it?

niketa_sharma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 niketa_sharma
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

Gaming is the best excercise for the brain. According to recent searches games could help improve the quality of life for the disabled and mentally ill. In fact, doing so might even turn out to be a great way to improve your mental health.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3509 Posts

I think it's a great distraction and can be very helpful and useful for brain activity. Especially games that have puzzles and make you think outside the box to progress.

Ovirew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9213 Posts

Good topic. Yeah, I think games can be good for our well-being, too. I think fun in general can be good for us, but games can be great for challenging yourself or giving you a relaxing space away from everyday life.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26783 Posts

Yes, strategy games can be particularly useful.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 2

#6 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 4210 Posts

Myself I am schizophrenic for years, in fact 20+year's and I have found that gaming is a great stress reliever. I think if you are competitive gamer and get upset to the point of almost rage gaming, then I think you should be looking for a different hobby. Other than people getting childishness temper fits, gaming is a great way to relax and enjoyment to clear and to refresh your mind.