Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

What's up Game Night union members!

We've changed the Game Night Union name to a new kind of program we call GameSpot's Players Network (GSPN).

What is GSPN? 
GSPN is our way of revamping the way we used to run Game Nights. We feature members who would like to connect with other players based on their player attributes, and it's just another way to find new people who may also be looking to do the same things as you inside the game!

How can I join up?
This union will send out missions we have each week so you're kind of already signed up. However, if you want to join our roster, all you have to do is fill out a questionnaire! It's really that simple. Drop by the GSPN FAQ to find more about this program and why you should sign-up for your Winter profile.

What do you mean by Winter profile?
We know that sometimes people's game preferences change, and maybe they adapt to different player attributes. So, we'd like to have seasonal profiles. If you fill out one now, you may be able to find players that are trying to get an achievement or finish a co-op run through during the winter holidays. But, come Spring you may have a different game you're focusing on so you'll have the opportunity to fill out your Spring Profile, if you'd like!

When is the next game night?
We plan to use the word "game night" much more lightly and not as the primary focus. So, you may see UK and AU still using the term, we sometimes have these gatherings during the mornings or afternoons so it's not really "night" time. Therefore, you may see us using the term play time or dates, or in-game meet up instead of game nights for our latest Mission.

What kinds of missions are there anyways?
We end up having missions based on the types of activities planned. So, if we know that many people are hunting for a trophy or achievement, this may be a mission. If we have a live stream, like Beat the Pros or Community Service, that could also be a mission. Anything really that gets us all gathering in-game is technically a mission.

Will we still get recognized as an MVP?
Definitely! We'll still hand out the MVP status, but it does depend on the person running the mission. For instance, during the Beat the Pros: Black Ops 2 community live stream, the 4 players that did the best against the Pros received a prize and MVP recognition. Now, there were 2 players that didnt use GS enough to desire to fill out their GSPN profile, so we'll feature two of them this week on the feature page. 

How do I find other players that live stream?

Well, we're still building out the Winter Roster, but the plans are to gather everyone that does live stream their gameplay to get the recognition they deserve, so drop back at a later time to see this in action.

Does that mean the Steam Game Night Community is no more? 
The Steam Community is no longer active, but we do have a new one! Drop by and join up:  

What about the previous game nights, aren't they still important to you guys?
Definitely! We want to keep the history about these experiences we've had together. So, if you want to help us update the old game nights feature, drop by this discussion here and share if you'd like to help out.  

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#2 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I answered the sign up sheet.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i signed up aswell, this looks exciting
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JodyR

I answered the sign up sheet.Legolas_Katarn

I never received yours. Would you fill it out again?

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts

Signed up, although not sure for what. Did I just join Scientology?

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JodyR

Signed up, although not sure for what. Did I just join Scientology?

BenderUnit22
LOL!
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
thank you for adding me :D
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
Hmm I really want to sign up but I'm not playing any multiplayer games at the moment, well maybe empire TW but I'm almost bored of that game, plus I'm still 360-less (good thing its christmas around the corner) (ps sorry for wasting anyone who read this' time XD )
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#9 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]I answered the sign up sheet.JodyR

I never received yours. Would you fill it out again?

Sent it again