Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception Community Game Night Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception (PS3) Community Game Night

When: November 9th, Time: TBD 
What: 
Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception

Platform: PS3
Chat Resource: Game Night Chatroom (requires Java)

1. How do I get in on the action? It is important to join the chatroom (requires Java) so staff and GameSpotters can communicate. If you cannot remain in the chatroom for any reason, you are welcome to exit and return once you are finished playing a match. If the chatroom is not open for any reason, post a question in this game night discussion thread with your issue. Otherwise, the chatroom should be open on the day of game night.

2.I am from another country and timezone other than California time (Pacific Time). What time is that for me? http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc. If you want to be extra tech savvy and you use Firefox, download the foxclocks application to monitor your timezone versus other timezones. 

3. What mode will we be playing? The game modes are normally requested in the chatroom, so ask away once you join. GameSpot staff are normally easy going unless there are specific requirements in the announcement of a game night.

4. How do you select a game for game night? GameSpot staff will consider suggestions made in this union. The official game night schedule can be viewed here. However, highly anticipated games may take priority. One example of this would be the UFC game night held with a variety of staff back in May 2009. Many GameSpot editors were playing for weeks before there was a chance to play with other GameSpotters. Fun times indeed!

5. Can I drop by late to participate? Of course! Why not? Be sure to post what time you plan to show right here in this thread so we can stick around later in case you decide to show later than 5:00pm PT.

6. What GameSpot folks will I be playing with? The game and platforms really does determine which GameSpot Staff members are likely to play. You might even hit some of your favorite GameSpot editors to ask them when they plan to participate in another game night or which game is likely to get them to drop by as well. You can do so by sending them a PM or posting a new thread in the Union board.

7. What is up with the bounty hunter emblem? Every Game Night a player that meets the bounty requirement will get to take part in a grudge match later in the year against other bounty hunters on the game platform. Note that this process is still in planning stages. That match will take place on a game that pretty much anyone can play, such as a free bowling game, or some other such frivolity. The winner of the Grudge Match will receive a special emblem in his or her profile.

8. Do I get an emblem for playing? The only emblem goes to the bounty winner(s), which are listed on the Game Night feature page as MVP. It's next to impossible for staff to keep up with who enters the game server and who doesn't. Besides, isn't gloating over GameSpot Staff a great reward?

9. What is the bounty requirement? The non-scientific method: The player GameSpot staff feels kicked their butts the most is normally the first to receive the emblem. However, we have also considered users who are respectful with others ingame as well. We normally choose one MVP per game or platform.

10. So, do I have a good chance of kicking GameSpot butt? Yes, unless it's Quake, in which case Jody will introduce you to her Rocket Launcher. Briefly.

11. What if you give the emblem to some other dude, even if I know I am better? It's the staff's call on who becomes the MVP for the week.

12. Where should I report my game night experience? Feel free to discuss your experience in this thread. You can also Tweet about it, post an update to FUSE, or blog about it right here on Gamespot!

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#2 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I've pre-ordered this so if this is on a weekend and is at a good time for me I am on this for sure.
pokecharm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#3 pokecharm
Member since 2011 • 1474 Posts
after last night's Gears, I should be here for this - but Sunday is football! Wonder when my Giants are playing...
lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lim_ak
Member since 2003 • 1545 Posts
Wait this is for the beta right? I would've joined in if it was later in the year when the game was released :). But have fun folk.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
The game doesn't come out until Nov 1. Perhaps you meant to say November?
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#6 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Doesn't the game come out in November?
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#7 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

Doesn't the game come out in November?Legolas_Katarn

Yea, it comes out November 1st, doesn't it?

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#8 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Doesn't the game come out in November?RealKilla_789

Yea, it comes out November 1st, doesn't it?

Looks like they changed it

XeonForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XeonForce
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

Hm, so a week after release? That gives me plenty of time to practice, mwuahahaaa.

Should be fun, hope I don't forget! 

WorldOfHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 WorldOfHurt
Member since 2006 • 5397 Posts
I'm in. Just got to sort out my pre-order now :P
thegamer114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thegamer114
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yup november 1st for shisal. Well for north america. Cus i am not shure for the europe.
digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#13 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts
Due to technical difficulties and a lack of participation we will be canceling the Community Game Night for Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception. 
WorldOfHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WorldOfHurt
Member since 2006 • 5397 Posts

Due to technical difficulties and a lack of participation we will be canceling the Community Game Night for Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception. Synthia

:(