JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

Please take a moment to contact Chris_Watters to thank him for the time he put into writing so many things about your videos. Shaun McInnis also helped with judging. :)

The following content is provided by Chris Watters:

Our first Halo: Reach Game Night brought our awesome community folks out in droves, packing two lobbies full of headshot-happy Halo fans. While the shield-popping, armor-locking action was in many ways its own reward, there was a Halo-themed prize on the line for the user who cut together the best video from the night's action. We received 14 entries and spent time watching and comparing them all to see whose was the cream of the crop. Read on for brief descriptions of each entry, as well as the announcement of the contest winner!

Entrants

Shawcross - Assassination Plus Bulltrue Medal
The name says it all! Kudos to Shawcross for standing resolutely in the face of a sword lunge.

retroboy333 - INCOMING
An intense shootout on Shaunmc's Forge map end with a dead player flying comically towards the camera.

twztid13 - Gamespot FTW
One of the only two overlapping videos submissions, this one highlights twztid13 taking the wheel of a Warthog to orchestrate a nifty last-second flag capture on Hemorrhage.

Jtm371 - Last second win
The other overlapping video, this one follows the flag snatcher Jtm371, who ends up scoring in sudden death with just seconds left on the clock.

Beastcake - Over And Out
Kicks off with delightful grunt birthday sound effect, and reaches its peak with a clutch armor lock activation that turns an imminent splattering into a sweet vehicle launch.

TroyM1 - Snipin all day
Starts off with some strong killing as TroyM1 takes out a few enemies in rapid succession, including Chris_Watters.

Therrook - Triple Zombie Kills
Therrook takes advantage of disoriented players at the top of the Spire to do some nice slicing and dicing.

evil gofor - ghost defeat1
About to get run down by a speeding Ghost, evil gofor armor locks at the last second and the Ghost explodes upon collision.

xProx Potatex (GS username unknown) - 3kill insane
xProx Potatex cranks out a reasonable Triple Kill that ends with a vicious pistol-whipping of Shaunmc.

Realkilla_789 - Killa Overkill    
Lots of good murder and objective acquisition by Realkilla_789. 

Honorable Mention - Novelty

chris9801 - turretless tanking
chris9801 gets the main gun of his Scorpion blown off, leaving the vehicle drivable but comically defenseless. He cruises past the enemy Scorpion that regards him curiously for a few seconds, then blows him to smithereens.

Honorable Mention - Cinematography

buft - should have done a barrel roll

buft locks on to an enemy Falcon with a Plasma Launcher and gets off three or four rounds before he is killed. The camera tracks the projectiles on a long, arcing course as they slowly home in on the Falcon. Ends with a delightful explosion.

Runner-up

Truthful_Facade- Grand Theft Ghost
Video begins with some skillful sniping from the rocky teleport exit area of Hemorrhage. Truthful_Facade then jacks a Ghost and proceeds to carefully line up the former driver for a brutally stylish splattering against one of the boulders.

Winner

Legolas_Katarn - Flag Beatdowns
Video begins with a fatal armor lock miscalculation by Chris_Watters that earns him a flagpole to the face. Legolas_Katarn exits base area with flag and encounters a Warthog complete with driver and gunner. He quickly bludgeons both to death before they can even react, then continues his flight with the flag, pausing to lie in wait to beat down another pursuing enemy. Impressive flag bludgeoning and good camerawork earned this submission the top prize!

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#2 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Finally I won, I was sick of coming in second place so often that night. I think I like my screenshot story more than my video though.
Shawcross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Shawcross
Member since 2007 • 1277 Posts
Congrats Legolas that video must of been funny to watch. I am just happy to get mentioned since I didn't really do much that night except steal peoples kills :) Thanks Chris for going through all those for us. Hopefully in the future we can do this again maybe when the new maps come out.
Beastcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Beastcake
Member since 2008 • 1247 Posts
Haha that was a great night. Congrats, man!
Avatar image for Truthful_Facade
Truthful_Facade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Truthful_Facade
Member since 2010 • 55 Posts
Runner-up ahhhh well it was a fun night anyway. Btw nice word choice Chris about my splatter :)
chris9801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 chris9801
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
Yay I got an hourable mention! XD If you've got time, watch my video! It's really funny! =] If your wundering who xProx Potatex is, hes my friend in mexico. =] I'm from canada. =]
buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 buft
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts
Grats legolas, was a great night.
twztid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 twztid13
Member since 2009 • 2012 Posts
Congrats to the winner. Thanks alot Chris & Shaun, was a great gamenight.
TroyM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TroyM1
Member since 2006 • 298 Posts
Congrats To You all!!
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points