Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#1 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

The purpose of this thread is to gauge community interest in a recurring game night for a specific title.

Game Night Radar, what's that?
Please refer to this sticky regarding the unofficial game night radar if you're interested.

Why Team Fortress 2?

• Team Fortress 2 game night was the most successful night I've attended, and it would be great to get a regular crew together on a weekly basis.
  • The game is free.
  • TF2 has minimal system requirements
  • It is non-console specific (more folks have access to a PC than any other platform)

How would this work?
I have no idea how this would work- yet. We'll pick a night and meet each week to play, but before I invest any additional time I'm looking for general interest, availability, and willingness to participate as a gamer, host, networker (meaning you would advertise the event on your blog, Fuse, the forums, etc.), event recorder, etc.

Why weekly?
Less frequently and people forget to show up, more frequently and it gets stale. Weekly is that perfect balance of routine and infrequency that keeps things fresh. That, and people show up to my weekly meetings at work, and miss daily, bi-monthly, and monthly meetings all the time.

When would it happen?
Preferably at a similar time to current game nights without conflicting, meaning the 5:00 PM PST time slot, which allows Gamespot employees the ability to participate without obligating them to do so.

Any and all thoughts and comments are encouraged, including whether you think this is a terrible idea!

Happy gaming,

Boz

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts
Weekly would be tough for me, but every other week that could work :D
lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lim_ak
Member since 2003 • 1545 Posts
Weekly would be cool, but I expect that there will be a significant drop off after the first couple weeks. Awesome if I'm wrong and totally off base on this :).
Profilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Profilia  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 2226 Posts
Any game that's free to play should make for a good game night. :P