FAQ #75: UFC 2009 Undisputed - May 26th

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sidburn19  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 4715 Posts

GameSpot's 75th Game Night will be held Tuesday, May 26th from 4-8pm PT. Staff will be dropping by any time between those times. We'll be playing UFC 2009 Undisputed on the Xbox 360, PS3! 

1. How do I get in on the action?
It is imperative that you join the chat room so staff and GameSpotters can communicate with all of you. We'll open the chatroom between 3 and 3:30pm PT.

A. I am from another country and timezone other than California time (Pacific Time). What time is that for me?
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc. If you want to be extra tech savvy and you use Firefox, download the foxclocks application to monitor your timezone versus other timezones.

2. Remind me-why we are doing this again?
For the fun of it! A lot of people want to play games that include GameSpot employees and other members of the community.

3. What mode will we be playing?

TBD

4. Why this game? Why not another one? 
This game is on more than one platform! Many of you have requested to have more than one platform and we like to keep you happy!

5. Can I join once the match is going?
Of course! Why not?

6. What GameSpot folks will I be playing with?

TBA

7. Who are the game hosts?

TBA

8. What else do I need to know?

Join Chat! We'll be opening the GameSpot tournament chat room at least a half an hour to an hour before we're scheduled to play. To enter it, just go to this link:http://www.gamespot.com/chat/chat.php?room=GameSpot_Tournament. That way you can get information from GameSpot staff and chat with your buddies before the game starts.

Be nice! Any disorderly behavior disqualifies you from participation and may earn you a moderation, suspension, or permanent ban. Please refrain from using harassing, negative, or profane language in either the Tournament chat or the game instance.

Don't cheat. No cheats or hacks of any kind are to be used. Taking advantage of known exploits in the game is also considered cheating. Doing any of that is considered against the spirit of the event, and if you are found to be cheating, you will be asked not to join future game nights.

9. What about bad language?
Try to keep it to a minimum. If someone lets a swear or two slip in chat, we won't have a fit or anything. Sometimes we may slip too. As long as you aren't flaming others you should be fine.

10. You mentioned something about "bounties" in the Game Night FAQ. What is up with that?
Every week, a player that meets the bounty requirement will get to take part in a grudge match later in the year against other bounty hunters. That match will take place on a game that pretty much anyone can play, such as a free bowling game, or some other such frivolity. The winner of the Grudge Match will receive a special emblem in his or her profile. Other emblems may also be awarded to players based on performance, wins, or other criteria.

11. What's this week's bounty requirement?
The non-scientific method: the player(s) GameSpot staff feels kicked their asses most.

12. I am totally the best, and you know it. What if you give the emblem to some other dude, even if I know I am better?
It's the admin's call.... yep, truly is. You may want to either be super friendly at killing the admins or super agressive, like talool1 in last week's game night

13. So, do I have a good chance of kicking GameSpot ass?
Of course you do! There has got to be a game that we stink at.

14. Do I get the bounty hunter emblem for playing?
The only emblem goes to the bounty winner(s). It's next to impossible for me to keep up with who enters the server and who doesn't. Besides, isn't gloating over GameSpot Staff a great reward?

15. Anything else I need to consider?
Depending on the console and game, we may also be using voice chat. Be sure to have your microphone handy!

16. What's with the orange text?
We may update this area so check back for updates.

17. Where should I report my game night experience?
You can record, take screenshots and post your reactions to came night in this board. Someone may use the information and post it in the game night report hread that will be created after game night is over.

18. How can I earn the UFC Undisputed gamenight emblem?

Everyone will want to login to chat during 4-8pm PT to play in a match with staff.If for some reason someone cannot show up in the chatroom, they may be out of luck in finding a match with staff. Try asking your friends that are in the game night chat to get you in the match via PSN and 360.  I may also post the PSN id and 360 gamertags in this thread for you to add and try to get in a game. If you do play in a match this way, you'll need to post your PSN and 360 name in this thread. 

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sidburn19  Moderator

Here is my prewrite up 

Do you have what it takes to become Gamespots Ultimate Fighting Champion. For this weeks Game Night we will be stepping into the Octagon to proving than "WE" the  GS community have what it takes to become the Ultimate Fighter.  Once you enter the cage, there is only one way out, Knockout or Tapout. You decide!

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#3 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

Here is my prewrite up 

Do you have what it takes to become Gamespots Ultimate Fighting Champion. For this weeks Game Night we will be stepping into the Octagon to proving than "WE" the  GS community have what it takes to become the Ultimate Fighter.  Once you enter the cage, there is only one way out, Knockout or Tapout. You decide!

Sidburn19

Nice write up but i think Jody already did a write up. Not sure though. But this game night is going to be the bomb. Too bad I dont have the game. But you know ill def be there chattin.

Moroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Moroes
Member since 2008 • 2041 Posts
If I can rent it than I will definatly come... a few of my friends played it and they really enjoyed themselves.
Mr_Fujiv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 256

#5 Mr_Fujiv1
Member since 2008 • 4437 Posts

if i can sleep round my mates house cause i cant connect my ps3 to the net i will join in. Im getting better at the game so i will practice :D btw how do we get our emblem to say we attended

Moroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Moroes
Member since 2008 • 2041 Posts

if i can sleep round my mates house cause i cant connect my ps3 to the net i will join in. Im getting better at the game so i will practice :D btw how do we get our emblem to say we attended

Mr_Fujiv1
You don't get an emblem for attending.  During the gamenight, the staff that participated chooses a person who they feel kicked the most butt, and reward him/her with the Bounty Hunter Emblem :).
Mr_Fujiv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 256

#7 Mr_Fujiv1
Member since 2008 • 4437 Posts
o cheers @Moroes thats for telling me :D haha im never gonna win cause im not good at my ground game
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

Here's the emblem that will be handed out to those who participate. Everyone will want to login to chat during 4-8pm PT to play in a match with staff.

If they play a match with staff and cannot access the chatroom, they will want to post their PSN or 360 ingame names in this thread after playing.  

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JodyR
[QUOTE="Mr_Fujiv1"]

Moroes
You don't get an emblem for attending.  During the gamenight, the staff that participated chooses a person who they feel kicked the most butt, and reward him/her with the Bounty Hunter Emblem :).

While that's normally right, this game night will be different due to many staff members participating. I posted a blurb in the community weekly report about the emblem.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#10 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
I'm down
combatsoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#11 combatsoldier
Member since 2008 • 7607 Posts

UFC

Console of choice: PS3

Gamertag: combatcsoldier

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sidburn19  Moderator
[QUOTE="Moroes"][QUOTE="Mr_Fujiv1"]

JodyR

While that's normally right, this game night will be different due to many staff members participating. I posted a blurb in the community weekly report about the emblem.

Is the bounty hunter emblem also still up for grabs?

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sidburn19  Moderator

Here's the emblem that will be handed out to those who participate. Everyone will want to login to chat during 4-8pm PT to play in a match with staff.

If they play a match with staff and cannot access the chatroom, they will want to post their PSN or 360 ingame names in this thread after playing.  

JodyR

Is that Dr.zoidberg in the emblem???

Scalper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Scalper
Member since 2002 • 437 Posts
[QUOTE="JodyR"]

Sidburn19

Is that Dr.zoidberg in the emblem???

Looks like a lion attacking a sheep

Fun gamenight. I need to practice bad tho.

deesnutts25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deesnutts25
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts
I'm just waiting for the update to all of this where they talk about who attended and who got beat down and such. I would also like to see the video of Brians first loss of the night to yours truely :D
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JodyR

MVP 360 - Sidburn19
MVP PS3 - deesnutts25

Roll call

borninvincible
BrianEk
canana
Chris_Watters
combatsoldier
davidnillasca
deesnutts25
galerian86
Jerell_rast
JodyR
JusticeCovert
kcwsk8
Moroes
msudude211
ocdog45
RealKilla_789
RyanM
saad77
Scalper
shaunmc
Sidburn19
Soulreavercross
ticonorico21
wnichols4
Zathic

participants in-game
canana
combatsoldier
deesnutts25
Jerell_rast
ocdog45
Scalper
Sidburn19
wnichols4

GameSpot Staff ingame
JusticeCovert
BrianEk
RyanM
shaunmc
ticonorico21 (Randall used xpcaligirl gamertag at times)
bwong81 (PSN matches, he used the gamespot 2 psn id)
davidnillasca (PSN matches; he borrowed Riverdogs14 psn id)
Chris_Watters
JodyR

Note: Homer was sick so he didn't show. 

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#17 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
Congrats to Sidburn and dees to mvp
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
I did have some matches, I just don't think I was beaten by any staff. Jody's GT xpcaligirl was idle for about the first hour, that was the main time I was online. When it did become active, it was in and out of matchs and I had to leave about an hour and half into the game night. The GameSpotLive GT wasn't used (at least not for the time I was online). Those are the only 2 staff gamertags on my friend list
Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sidburn19  Moderator

I knocked, Brian and Ryan out at least once. Shaun at least 6 times, but I never managed to take Justin down.

Edit

@Jerell_rast Oh, I would like to give a shout out to Jerell_rast for supporting me while played. I now owe him 10% of my winnings :P

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JodyR
I did have some matches, I just don't think I was beaten by any staff. Jody's GT xpcaligirl was idle for about the first hour, that was the main time I was online. When it did become active, it was in and out of matchs and I had to leave about an hour and half into the game night. The GameSpotLive GT wasn't used (at least not for the time I was online). Those are the only 2 staff gamertags on my friend listSoulreavercross
Randall used mine most of the time. Who else did you play? most of the staff were playing on the 360
combatsoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#21 combatsoldier
Member since 2008 • 7607 Posts
Man it was one hell of an intense night. Awsome and the best gamenight ive seen turned out by gamespot. keep up the good work. I plan on being at the next one as well.
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"]I did have some matches, I just don't think I was beaten by any staff. Jody's GT xpcaligirl was idle for about the first hour, that was the main time I was online. When it did become active, it was in and out of matchs and I had to leave about an hour and half into the game night. The GameSpotLive GT wasn't used (at least not for the time I was online). Those are the only 2 staff gamertags on my friend listJodyR
Randall used mine most of the time. Who else did you play? most of the staff were playing on the 360

I don't remember the users, but after I completed the tutorial (because I had just got the game), I got into 2 matches and then had to go. If most of the staff were on the 360, they probably did so when I went offline because while I was online and reading the chatroom, most of them were for the PS3 and your account was idle. No worries though. There's always a next time :wink:
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JodyR

Here's the PS3 hightlights reel that was recorded by staff.  

Soulreavercross: Yeah, we made that emblem to be re-purposed for other big staff game nights. 

Sidburn19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sidburn19  Moderator

Soulreavercross: Yeah, we made that emblem to be re-purposed for other big staff game nights. 

JodyR

Any news on the 360 highlights?

deesnutts25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 deesnutts25
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts

I had a great time last night. It was my first time doing a game night, so I had a blast. I still have some questions about the bounty hunter thing, but I guess I will find out in due time. Thanks to all the staff that participated (I told you i'd beat you down Brian :D) I hope to see some of you online and do this again sometime. Also note, after E3 Ghostbusters will bcoming out, so hope to see some of you others on PSN so we can get some 4 player co-op going on. Great fights by all last night :D

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JodyR
[QUOTE="JodyR"]

Sidburn19

Any news on the 360 highlights?

I think my footage of the matches is the only highlights because they didnt record any on the 360 machines.  I haven't had any time to edit that footage. Probably wont until after E3. I still have to cut the Killzone 2 video as well.
ErkiB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ErkiB
Member since 2007 • 14535 Posts

By any chance you will be having another game night with UFC?