digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts
Time to make some decisions for GameSpot Community Game Nights for 2012. Once E3 has been wrapped up for the year we'll be able to bunker down and start making some tough choices. We've already got a fair list of potentials so nominate your favorite: 

Minecraft 
Red Dead Redemption
Assassins Creed Revelations
MW3
Halo Reach
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Gears Of War 3
WWE 12
Halo Wars
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Left 4 Dead 
Battlefield 3
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Soul Caliber V
SSX 
RE: Operation Raccoon City
Ghost Recon
SW:TOR
League of Legends
Team Fortress II
Starcraft 2
Uncharted 3
Borderlands
Diablo 3

Be sure to remember the following when making a recommendation for game nights (Thank you RealKilla_879).

- Newer titles, we'd like to have community game nights around the time of the games release.  

- Multiplayer required for all game nights so please make sure it's easy enough for newer players to play the game if they happen to rent it for this occasion. If it takes more than 15 minutes to get a new player to start this delays the times we get to play the game (unlocking multiplayer, registering multiplayer account, downloading patched, etc). If the game is too awesome to pass up be upfront with the time it takes to get a new player ready to play so we can alert them about this ahead of time.

- The hype over the game's multiplayer should be heavily considered because we want enough GameSpotters to play with.When the game is released check the News page under the game charts (bottom of the page) to see if there have been enough sales and rentals for the game.

- Note that it will be important to have the staff communication through voice chat so please consider games or console platform/PC capabilities. We might consider third party voice chat, but this does make things more complicated when players show up late without planning for it.

- While we might have our more favorite games, be sure to also include anticipated multiplayer games and the month they are likely to be released. 

- Also, don't forget to share which editor or video producer you would like to play. 
Scalper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2 Scalper
Member since 2002 • 437 Posts

Team Fortress 2
Left4Dead 1&2
Battlefield 3
Red Dead Redemption
SSX
Tribes: Ascend
I would love to have a car racing game like Forza or maybe BurnoutParadise/need4speed
Starhawk
Hawken
MechWarrior

Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#3 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

I'd like to see more Team Fortress 2, though maybe a little later in the year since I just played with several of Gamespot Users.

• Loadout is coming out in August-ish, offering Team Fortress 2-like gameplay and a F2P model.
  • Firefall is coming out in December, and should offer a pretty good F2P multiplayer experience; it's generating a lot of hype.
  • Airmech was slated for 4Q12, though now it's a bit vague. Looks like a solid RTS game, though.

I'd like to see some MMOs, like Secret World and Guild Wars 2, too. While I understand level disparity can make these games a bit more awkward, there's nothing to stop folks from rolling a new character for some low-level fun.

Happy gaming,

Boz

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

TF2 and Minecraft.

L4D2 would be fun aswell.

Gmod may be fun if anyone is intrested. 

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

Like others have said: Team Fortress 2. I'm no good at it but I keep it installed because I love watching how often it updates. :P

ME3? Not played any of the multiplayer but it's reasonably recent.

Also I'm a fan of the classics so I'm going to put this out: World in Conflict. I'd reinstall that for a game night. ;)

Also be up for Minecraft if we could get a server going.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#6 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I'd like to play

Ghost Recon
Assassins Creed 3 in October

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#7 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

Glad the ball is going to get rolling on this again.

Gears of War 3- Defintely think we should do this one. I can't remember right now if we already had this or not, but always down for a second go haha.

Trials Evolution- I was surprised to find out this game had multiplayer. It's pretty fun in my opnion.

Battlefield 3- Feels like a no brainer to me. One huge game we missed.

Gotham City Imposters- Really fun multiplayer arcade shooter. It's surprisngly deep.

As far as future games I would like to see:

Max Payne 3- Seems like every time we have a Rockstar game night it's huge. Red Dead Redemption was pretty good.

Far Cry 3

Borderlands 2- I would like to quest with my fellow Gamespotters!

Halo 4

Unannounced E3 Game- haha

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#8 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

I thought posters here are supposed to nominate from the list that Synthia made - not suggest other games, like some of the users before me had done. :?

As for me, I suppose I would nominate Team Fortress 2 since it's the most familiar to me among the list's entries.

Anyway, if I were to recommend a title not in the list, I would recommend Super Monday Night Combat.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#9 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

I thought posters here are supposed to nominate from the list that Synthia made - not suggest other games, like some of the users before me had done. :?

As for me, I suppose I would nominate Team Fortress 2 since it's the most familiar to me among the list's entries.

Anyway, if I were to recommend a title not in the list, I would recommend Super Monday Night Combat.

Gelugon_baat
Wow, was so excited I didn't even read that part. Well, that's how I do, breaking rules!
Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#10 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts
Wow, was so excited I didn't even read that part. Well, that's how I do, breaking rules!RealKilla_789
I did read that part. I might have just stuck to the list, too, but Synthia went on to say the following:
Be sure to remember the following when making a recommendation for game nightsSynthia
She goes on to discuss criteria for considering a game. I inferred from this that she was looking for suggestions for upcoming releases that might meet those criteria, particularly her bit about, "Newer titles, we'd like to have community game nights around the time of the games release." would suggest games outside the provided list. So I think no harm no foul either way. Happy gaming, Boz
gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

Gelugon_baat

She to nominate games on the list, but she didn't say not to mention other games! Besides even if she did I would have mentioned other games anyway. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Hopefully by that time I will have Diablo 3. That would be fun to try multiplayer.

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 lim_ak
Member since 2003 • 1545 Posts

Minecraft should be easy enough to get going, just prod Chris Beaumont to get the GSUK server updated :D.

TF2 is good fun and also free so that's easy enough for folk to get.

Same goes for League of Legends and as Scalper said Tribes: Ascend is also rather good. 

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

Gelugon_baat

This.
This would be awesome.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

Any Ghost Recon games