Your Worst Gaming Related Memory?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

This’ll be an interesting one...

For me it’s when I jumped in a pool not realising that I had my Gameboy SP in the back pocket of my shorts.

Terrible place to put it. I was absolutely devistated. We tried drying it, but now that I think about it I should of placed it in rice for a few days. 2006-2009)

Another time was when someone I called a ‘friend’ logged into my Club Penguin account and gave me items that were available from years back. (2007-2012)

I agreed...so...looking back, that was my own fault. At least the flash game no longer exists.

What are some of your worst gaming related memories or fails?

dorkmeister579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 dorkmeister579
Member since 2018 • 37 Posts

A few years ago, I went to a Pokemon tournament with my measly, weak team and high hopes. I’m very competitive, so when I lost every match by a landslide the whole experience turned out to be terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

When one of my former gaming clan members past away not only was it heart breaking the clan never was the same again eventually we went our separate ways. Some of us are on Facebook but we haven't played a game together since that happened.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Playing Stalker thinking it was open world but not being able to go in any direction I wanted but instead only being able to go in ONE direction

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11675 Posts

Oddly enough I have a list. I'm not one who looks for negativity and tries having a neutral stance (I do. . honest). Feel this is the perfect thread to just get it off my shoulders; so hope no one takes offence lol.

This list is not always the game. But sometimes Internet Gamers turning everything to memes or just having a bad attitude-

• Monster Hunter X being an oddball entry and newcomers thinking it's not a spin-off, the terrible added features are a dead give-away. Then Nintendo fanbois calling World a spin-off while it's being developed by the main MH team and Interviews state it's technically MH5.
  • Telltale stuff being called "games", it's overdue being dubbed Interactive Stories
  • People supporting Tekken 7 when the product is barely a Tekken game, and plays closer to Soul Calibur V than Tekken 6.
  • When newer Survival Horror games get released, a nostalgic/ vocal minority lashing out online calling these games "not scary, back in my day games had to be scary to be called Survival Horror". . . Maybe you're hard to scare after playing Survival Horror games for decades >_> 馬鹿
  • Some vocal P.C. Gamers being jerks to anyone who plays a game on something other than a P.C. usually feeling the need to chat about specs when the conversation had little reason for its relevance.
  • Playing Little Big Planet 3 for an hour and realising the series died long ago when Media Molecule walked away from the franchise.
  • Everything being compared to Dark Souls. . . "Monster Hunter: World is the Dark Souls of Boss-Rush games"/ "The Evil Within 2 is the Dark Souls of Survival Horror games" "Cuphead is like Dark Souls" *sigh*
  • People watching a Youtube video, act like that counts as playing the game, and think they have good knowledge to trash a game that's actually good.
  • Realising Early Access has given me more hope for gaming and games I'd enjoy to play over a lot of these cinematic games many can't stop chatting about *cough* Bioware games *cough*
  • A few Gamers I've seen on Forums from the US or parts of Europe, acting like the world revolves around them. And if you like something that doesn't sell in said country; it's apparently trash.

Again, please don't take this list overly serious, just letting some of my frustrations in gaming and the overall Gaming community out, these are what I would consider my worst memories in relation to gaming.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Speeny

@warmblur: My condolences.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10488 Posts

screaming out loud during my first playthrough of ravenholm in half life 2 and my mum shouting upstairs "everything ok?" embarrassing.

@tryit said:

Playing Stalker thinking it was open world but not being able to go in any direction I wanted but instead only being able to go in ONE direction

whereabouts in the game was that?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Macutchi said:

screaming out loud during my first playthrough of ravenholm in half life 2 and my mum shouting upstairs "everything ok?" embarrassing.

@tryit said:

ages since I played best I can recall the first 'area'. I couldnt go left, I couldnt go right, I couldnt go back, I could see landscape in all directions but the only way to move forward was a small opening in the gate which led me right to where it wanted me to go, no flanking stradegy allowed.

ticked me off

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

I preordered Unreal Tournament 3 and Hellgate: London convinced they'd be better purchases than Crysis and CoD4. I've spent a good two months figuratively eating my hat over them.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10488 Posts

@tryit said:
@Macutchi said:

@tryit said:

ages since I played best I can recall the first 'area'. I couldnt go left, I couldnt go right, I couldnt go back, I could see landscape in all directions but the only way to move forward was a small opening in the gate which led me right to where it wanted me to go, no flanking stradegy allowed.

ticked me off

can't picture it. not sure how you ended up in that spot if you couldn't walk backwards. may have just been a glitch. was a buggy game tbf

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

Well AFAICR (As far as I could remember), my gears of war (PC) save file removed by itself so I have to play the game from the start till the end.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#12 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@speeny:

I once saved during a great fall in Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness and whenever I loaded the state, it left me falling to my death. I had to restart the game from the beginning after that! All because the game didnot make quick saves or let you restart the level from the beginning.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@speeny said:

@warmblur: My condolences.

Thank you.

Srydecka24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Srydecka24
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

Have a few bad memories from over the years:

• I bought what I thought was an import Japanese MGS2 demo, but it turned out to be the DVD dedicated entirely to the trailer (for 19.99)
  • My friend moved out of state with my PS1 memory card, which had all my Legend of Legaia data and MTV Music Generator tracks. Was actually depressed about that for a long while.
  • Used to get baked outta my mind and play Condemned for 360. That part of the department store level where the mannequins surround you made my high ass shed a tear in absolute high induced panic stricken horror. My brother was watching me and he still reminds me (like when I try to play RE7 around him).
  • Got RROD while at the last area of the Half Life 2 campaign. Have yet to finish it 11 years later.
  • Got robbed at gunpoint when I was taking the bus home after buying a Gamecube and some games back in the day. The robbers laughed at me for having bought Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. That actually hurt more than the robbery.
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts

Getting Rugrats for my Nintendo 64 as a kid as a christmas gift. I expected it to be like Mario Party. The worst part is I got to chose one game, and I chose that.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Speeny

@Gamingcucumber: I liked Rugrats: Search for Reptar on the PS1.

An example of a bad Rugrats game that I have fond memories of kinda would be the one where they’re in Paris. Might of been the one you’re referring to but my god was that game slow paced and boring in my opinion. Some of the games were fun but tricky from what I remember.

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

I think I may have been the first victim of the "Lilith glitch" in Darksiders II. I loved the first one and had been waiting months for the second one.

40 hours in and the game breaking bug got me, it crashes in Act IV after talking to Samael, and when you go back to load it, it gets stuck on the Lilith cutscene (which breaks the game since there is only an autosave file and I had not made a manual backup). Second time through I made a manual back-up at start of Act IV and it happened AGAIN. Luckily I only lost like an hour and for some reason it didn't crash on my 3rd try. Still love the game because that series just really tickles my funny bone, but man DS II could have been on my GOAT list if not for that.

As for just a game? - Mass Effect: Andromeda, that is the game that finally made me decide to never preorder another game in this life, I'll wait for critic and reader reviews, that game pissed me off since it was so, so, very bad.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

To be honest, the main one would probably be getting to the age where you start to learn about the technical aspects of games, such as frame rates, graphics and resolutions etc. Also reading reviews, and hearing people's professional opinions on the limitations of certain games. It's maybe nostalgia related to a certain extent, but if I think about it I probably enjoyed playing video games for what they were a heck of a lot more in the past, before reaching that point in my gaming life where you begin to be conditioned to scrutinise everything down to the most minor details, before deciding whether or not you even want to play it. Ignorance is bliss I guess lol.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@warmblur said:

When one of my former gaming clan members past away not only was it heart breaking the clan never was the same again eventually we went our separate ways. Some of us are on Facebook but we haven't played a game together since that happened.

Wow, sorry to hear about that. :( Yeah, condolences.

OCN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 OCN
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Yo,

When my ps3 controllers battery was broken, if the USB had fallen out for one second and it would turn off.

So there was this one day where i was playing mw2, didn't have a nuke before this and i felt like i was getting there. It was quite a sweaty lobby, however i was just playing well. I get one kill off a nuke, i start shooting someone, my usb falls out the controller, which means that i cant play, boom spas 12'd.

lmao.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

The day my copy of Okami broke. My PS2 disc tray stopped working properly a few years ago, and when I was replaying Okami the disc got a scratch all the way around it. I'd had that copy since launch.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@srydecka24 said:

Have a few bad memories from over the years:

• I bought what I thought was an import Japanese MGS2 demo, but it turned out to be the DVD dedicated entirely to the trailer (for 19.99)

I sold an MGS DVD on eBay once, that clearly said it WASN'T the game and the guy thought it was. If that was me, I apologize.. I doubt it though :)

superjoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 superjoseph
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

Making a new game on Pokemon just for lulz and saving by accident. I lost over 100 hour of progress :(

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Mum droping her handbag on my xbox while on the second last level of halo 3. Disc was ruined.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Reaching the main map on Twilight Princess, and realising the game is gonna be utter crap...

This is closely tied with starting to play Skyward Sword and realising the game is gonna be utter crap...

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Speeny

@henrythefifth: I enjoyed Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword I wasn’t a fan of either. Not sure what it was.

Bush_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bush_Dog
Member since 2017 • 294 Posts

Throwing my controller after finishing Dark Souls 2 (My first souls game btw) due to extreme happiness. Also spoiling a game by looking on a walkthrough.