Your unpopular opinions

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

1. God of War blows. It has a nice presentation, but it is so mind-numbingly boring. Dante's Inferno sucked because it blatantly copied a game series that also sucks.

2. A Link To The Past is extremely overrated. For me, it's probably the weakest great Zelda game. The dungeons are pretty basic compared to the games that came after it. I think I actually like Phantom Hourglass more than ALTTP.

3. The original Legend of Zelda is really not worth playing unless you're curious about the history of the franchise. It's just waaaaay too basic.

4. Chrono Cross is noticeably better than Chrono Trigger, especially the battle system. The only thing better about CT is the characters.

5. Halo 2>>>>>Halo 1. I can't think of a single thing that Halo 1 does better. Yeah, Halo 2's ending was abrupt, but it's not like Halo 1 had a great ending either.

6. Most NES games are pretty boring and are just way too dated. And this is coming from someone who loves retro gaming. To me, many SNES games can still go toe to toe with modern games.

7. The PS3's graphics really don't really look any better than the 360's. The difference is so slight that it's embarrassing that people argue about it.

8. The Wii is an awesome console. So many great games.

9. The first Assassin's Creed is an awful game. It's pretty but soul-crushingly repetitive.

10. Bioshock 2 is better than the original. Yes, its story has less impact, but the gameplay is so much better and the environments are more interesting/exotic.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#102  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@BranKetra said:

The gameplay in Demon's Souls is not challenging except that which tests my patience. The gameplay is good, but all of the challenge comes from having stats comparable to every opponent. Once a character is powerful enough, nothing in a playthrough can defeat him without being bad at the game. Many call Demon Souls challenging for that reason.

-I like Final Fantasy Tactics more than the rest and I am including VII and IX. VIII was a good game.

-I think MGS2 Raiden is decent character.

-Metal Gear Solid 4 cutscenes were exceptional.

-Devil May Cry 2 was not a bad game.

-Fallout 2 is better than Fallout 3

-Legend of the Dragoon is a good game.

I think that is enough.

From what I've seen, most people think Legend of Dragoon is a good game.

I think it's a good game, but with the exception of its beautiful prerendered backgrounds, it's very average.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#103 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Mass Effect 1 is vastly superior to Mass Effect 2 and 3

Fallout 3 is average

I actually really liked Raiden in MGS2

Borderlands is overrated

I love the Wii U despite its faults

The Vita is awesome

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ CleanPlayer "Mass Effect 1 is vastly superior to Mass Effect 2 and 3"

Superior in what way ? Hardly unpopular if you ask me.......... and Texas Gold Rush

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#105 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Superior in what way ? Hardly unpopular if you ask me.......... and Texas Gold Rush

Might be because Mass Effect 1 was under MS´s wing and not EA that many seem to think that is better.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: You could build up your character any way you wanted. You could customize so many aspects of his progression, where in ME2 it was cut down into so few few different options your character never felt any different.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 El_Zo1212o

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames was better than Playground of Destruction.

Alpha Protocol was the best shooter RPG of the entire generation.

And Assassin's Creed was, while certainly not the best in the series, not the worst.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#108 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

The Metal Gear Solid franchise is a heap of garbage that only gets by because of its mind-explosion storylines

Nintendo is the best of the Big Three, and has the brightest future for this gen

Skyrim is one of the most overrated games of its gen

Even today, the older Nintendo consoles offer just as, if not more, enjoyable gaming experiences as current gen consoles

Single player is more enjoyable than multiplayer

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Dragon Age Origins sucked...... Because it did.

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#110 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Super Mario Sunshine is better than Galaxy. I can never get my head around why people love galaxy so much

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Devil May Cry should be as big as Halo at least

PS Vita is freaking awesome

Dark Souls is the greatest game of all time and I mean it

Cod Treyarch >>>>>>>> Cod Infinity Ward

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#112 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@El_Zo1212o said:

@Lulu_Lulu: You could build up your character any way you wanted. You could customize so many aspects of his progression, where in ME2 it was cut down into so few few different options your character never felt any different.

You might have had more options in ME1 one but did it really matter, i played it a few times with various builds and i felt pretty much the same in each play.

Also have you forgotten the annoying planet search, that was for me one of the absolutely worst and pointless things in the game and in ME2+3 they luckily removed it.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#113 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I'm playing Mass Effect 1 right now and I must say, despite the good story, it's a chore to get through with the crap combat, boring Mako runs and clutterfuck rpg mechanics. Inventory management is a disaster. Mass Effect 2 is better in almost every other way gameplay wise.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Lulu_Lulu

@ El_Zo1212o

Jacanuc is right. All that stuff was mostly cosmetic, it was 50 similuar versions of the samething.

I think your imagination was filling in the blanks, as is often the case with Most RPGs and the people who love them.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Lulu_Lulu

@ HipHopBeats

I've made that same point so many times and people still say its the better RPG, and you know whats funny ? They are absolutely right, so I came up with a theory: you don't need to make a good game to make a good RPG (and vice versa), it explains so much now, seriously. Skyrim, Dark/Demon Souls, Mass Effect, just about any crappy game can still be a good RPG.

I don't hate RPGs anymore, I pitty them. :D

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 El_Zo1212o

@Jacanuk: Planet search? I don't remember anything about that...

touchscreenpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#117 touchscreenpad
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

The F.E.A.R. series took a wrong turn...only the first F.E.A.R. was good for me.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

oh Also forgot to mention Fallout as another good RPG thats a terrible game, And I'm not just talking about bugs and technical problems, I mean its design structure is deeply flawed and counter intuitive as well. That one is on the developers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#119 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
@Yoshi9000 said:

Super Mario Sunshine is better than Galaxy. I can never get my head around why people love galaxy so much

I haven't played Galaxy enough to properly judge, but I do agree that Sunshine is my favorite 3D Mario game