Your gaming year of 2013

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Did you buy games you didn't expect? Did you finish the games you wanted? Did the games deliver? What did you think of gaming in 2013?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#2 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I wasn't expecting Spacebase DF-9 to ever be more than the prototype that Double Fine made for the Amnesia Fortnight event. I was happy and surprised when they announced an Early Access version of a full game on Steam.

I played it and it's a lot deeper now, as it should be. As a proof of concept, the AF prototype was a good laugh in and of itself, but it was one of the least voted on in the AF poll so I never expected it to make it into full on production. It was a pleasant surprise for me and I have had a lot of fun hours each time they roll out a new build. Can't wait to see where it ends up once it's finished.

Love the guys at Double Fine.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44155 Posts

Had an excellent gaming year. There's still some games I want to buy that were released this year.

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#4 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I very much enjoyed gaming in 2013. The highlights of the year, for me, were Dead Space 3 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

But, the pinnacle for me this year was the XBox One. I got mine on Day One and am enjoying it immensely. Call of Duty: Ghosts, Ryse: Son of Rome, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and Forza Motorsport 5 have all been fantastic games. Battlefield 4 will be fantastic when (and if) they work all of the issues out of it. The year was rounded out by the fantastic Super Mario 3D World. This coming year, I'm looking forward to Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Titanfall, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Tom Clancy's The Division, and the next COD and AC entries.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I didn't buy many games in 2013 but the games that I did buy really impressed me and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2014 brings.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

2013 gave me TLoU. It was worth it.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Well I finally finished The Walking Dead by Telltale games. Its an amazing game, which lead me to buy A Wolf Among Us (and season 2 of The Walking Dead), which is shaping up to be an even better game. For me 2013 was a very good year as I also pick up a 3ds and discovered Fire Emblem for the first time.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

2013 was mostly DotA 2/League with the occasional foray into a 3DS game.

Did also play Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry, The Last of Us and Metal Gear Rising and was pleasantly surprised by all of them.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

2013= greatest year for gaming at least for me with games like

• TLOU
  • GTA V
  • DayZ Standalone
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Pokemon X/Y
  • State of Decay
  • Metro Last Light
  • Shadow Warrior
  • FF14 ARR
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • The Wolf Among Us episode 1
  • AC4
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I haven't really had a chance to play many of the Fall 2013 games, so I'm a bit behind.

However I've been playing my 3DS mostly, Pokemon and Zelda and I got Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D even though I own it on the Wii. I've got Super Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD, but my Wii U is packed up at the moment. I also wanted to pick up Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (never thought I'd say that after ACIII) and Batman: Arkham Origins.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d773fff2ce4
deactivated-57d773fff2ce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#11 deactivated-57d773fff2ce4
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

I really only played Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, GTA V, and Need for Speed Rivals. Really slow year for me.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

2013 was a great year in gaming for me.

Finally got around to beating Fallout 3 and New Vegas (Still going through the dlc). I fell in love with these games.

Of course the ps4 launch and all the excitement. The months leading up to the launch where I was going through my backlog to kill time. I beat Deadly premonition, Rage, Resident evil 6, Vanquish, Doom Bfg edition during that time.

Stand out games for me were GTAV, Metro last light, The Last of us, and Beyond two souls, Killzone SF and AC Black flag.

Also getting Gran turismo 6 and releasing how awesome it is and how the ps3 still has so much to offer.

2014 has a lot to live up to. If fallout 4 and Mass effect 4 come out next year, than it should be a great year for me.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@Archangel3371 said:

Had an excellent gaming year. There's still some games I want to buy that were released this year.

same here, i really need to buy Last of Us, GTA V and Need For Speed Rivals

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#14 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

as far as new releases go, there was gone home and brothers: a tale of two sons among other quality titles. i missed out on some games that my laptop couldn't run such as antichamber and the stanley parable though (looking at some gameplay videos of the stanley parable, i have no idea why it's system requirements are that high).

i played some great games from previous years for the first time too including the walking dead season 1, deadly premonition, and hotline miami (i'm playing baldur's gate II right now and liking it so far after being pretty dispassionate about the original). i replayed some old favorites too like majora's mask, which is always great because i think appreciating older games is just as important as finding new ones.

so it was a solid gaming year for me.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#15 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The majority of my gaming took place on my 3DS. I bought and played some games on other systems, like Sleeping Dogs, Shadows of the Damned, and more, but I think the only game from 2013 that wasn't on my 3DS was Borderlands 2, and I only just got that and am not very far in it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Last_Ride

@turtlethetaffer said:

The majority of my gaming took place on my 3DS. I bought and played some games on other systems, like Sleeping Dogs, Shadows of the Damned, and more, but I think the only game from 2013 that wasn't on my 3DS was Borderlands 2, and I only just got that and am not very far in it.

yeah i didn't get a lot of games that got released this year aswell, i got into my Vita just lately, so i have been sucked into those games

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44155 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Archangel3371 said:

Some games I'd still like to get are Last of Us, Metal Gear Revengence, and Devil May Cry. DmC I'll grab on PSN for the PS+ offer. I'm holding off on GTA V to see if a next gen port is coming. There's also Killzone Shadowfall and Super Mario 3D World but I still need to get a PS4 and Wii U first.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Archangel3371 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Archangel3371 said:

Some games I'd still like to get are Last of Us, Metal Gear Revengence, and Devil May Cry. DmC I'll grab on PSN for the PS+ offer. I'm holding off on GTA V to see if a next gen port is coming. There's also Killzone Shadowfall and Super Mario 3D World but I still need to get a PS4 and Wii U first.

MGSR Revengeance is a really good game, the only thing that bugged me where the blocking mechanics and the length of the game

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

2013 gave me TLoU. It was worth it.

Yeah, true that!!

Also Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider were highlights for me last year.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Archangel3371 said:

Get GTA V as soon as possible its well worth youre time.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Last_Ride

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah i know, i have my brother nagging at me to get it

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#22 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Nice. Yeah I finally got my 3DS this year so I've already played several games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@turtlethetaffer said:

@The_Last_Ride: Nice. Yeah I finally got my 3DS this year so I've already played several games.

yeah i haven't really touched that all that much since Pokemon White 2

Zjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Zjun
Member since 2013 • 147 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Archangel3371 said:

Yeah i know, i have my brother nagging at me to get it

YES, it has a ton of repay value and it's game mechanics and physics are excellent!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Did you buy games you didn't expect? Did you finish the games you wanted? Did the games deliver? What did you think of gaming in 2013?

Only games that surprised me was a few indie games, The Novalist, Papers please, Cognition,

Other than the year have been pretty average.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

two games i liked this year. Tomb Raider, they brought this game to a whole new level to modern times and its now been rebooted perfectly and hopefully they keep things going as good as the reboot was.

And Civ 5 brave new world, this game was really addictive, i just wish they would release a crisp full version with all the expansions with no DRM in it.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

my 2 fav games i got this year (dosent matter if they where relesed this year or not) was rayman legends, persona 4 golden, batman arkham assylum, lego marvel super heroes , pokemon y ,muramasa rebirth and tereway

and before you ask yes i know some of them where relesed in 2008/2010 ish but i got them this year so they count ^^

Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

I gave the Metal Gear Solid games a try, but I just can't seem to like the game (just the story). I was very impressed with Naruto Ultimate Storm's third game. Dishonored failed on entertaining me. Had a huge blast with Skyrim (I game I thought I was going to hate). Played one of the best games ever imo, The Last of Us.