Your gaming idiosyncrasies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

What little unique, obsessive compulsive foibles (or qualities) make you the gamer you are?

For me, I can't buy any game that's Platinum Hits or Greatest Hits. I hate the packaging and I will go out of my way and pay significantly more to acquire an untampered, original copy. I recently purchased the Game of the Year Edition of Dishonored for an excellent price from Amazon and traded it in right away upon opening and realizing it was the Platinum Hits version. I'm pretty bad.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Only thing I can think of is alphabetizing my game collection. Other than that, nothing comes to mind.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

I prefer physical games over digital. I prefer pre-owned games to have original cover art and instruction manuals included. Stickers on the game cases used to really bother me, but it bothers me less now. I used to prefer new games over used, but I am ok with a used game that is in good condition.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17640 Posts

@jamejame: why?

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@jamejame: why?

Honestly, not entirely sure. Just one of those pet peeve things that started relatively small when making the decision to buy a regular box art game over a Platinum One, and that turned into a trend which is now pretty controlling. I suppose the main reason I can really link it to is that I like my games to look cohesive when sitting side by side. I remember when Sony changed PS3 games' box art from the Spider-Man font and I was so annoyed because half of my games from that point on looked out of place.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

If I know that there's a part of the level I haven't explored yet, I do everything in my power to explore it. At least, I will if I'm really into the game. Basically, I'm an exploration completionist as much as I can be. Other than that, I sometimes organize my games alphabetically or by genre, but I don't have any other real idiosyncrasies.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

No survivors. I can be at the exit of a level. But, if I know there's still a bad guy around I'll turn around and hunt it down.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@mastermetal777 said:

Only thing I can think of is alphabetizing my game collection. Other than that, nothing comes to mind.

Steam does that automatically.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I arrange my games so it goes from newest purchases to oldest. I love to 100% games too, sometimes spending hours just looking for one collectible and hidden item. Especially in the Zelda titles.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

I don't buy anything that doesn't come with the manual. I also avoid platinum games whenever possible.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

This is mainly with Diablo games. But I always have to go around the very edge of the map and then uncover every square inch of it.

I can't help myself...

I also can't stand leaving on case stickers. Those come straight off.

I also have to explore everywhere in a level, even if I've already played through the game and I know there's nothing there.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I play Co-Op games..... by myself. :p

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I won´t purchase used games without manuals, broken case and obviously scratched discs.

I don´t mind if it´s greatest hits or platinum collection.

Stickers get removed ASAP

As for playing the game itself i just have to complete it in all it´s levels, difficulty settings, gather all collectibles and so, I don´t have to do it right away, I´m in no rush so unlike my son a game lasts me months.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

I like to divide sections of a game into episodes, like a tv show or something. I'm not sure why, I just enjoy episodic content.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I'll play a game from start to finish, usually before starting another game, regardless of how bad it is. I used to give up when playing bad games, but now... it's a compulsion I guess.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I don't do anything fast and easy if I can make it convoluted and awesome.

The GTA Online mission High Priority Case can be completed in under 2 minutes with a buzzard- clear the rooftops with missiles, clear the floors under construction with the guns, grab the case and land at the warehouse.

When I do it, I park my car up the street and call Merryweather for helo pickup. My partner shoots the pilot, and lands us on top of the maze bank tower. We snipe the enemies off of the rooftop, then the pilot takes the chopper while I base jump from the tower to the construction site. The chopper lands, I take another 'chute from the chopper and we fight our way down to the floor, kill everyone, refresh my armor and health, then snatch the case, base jump up the street and pull my 'chute just in time to land right next to my car where I left it. I hop in, and tear ass toward the warehouse, dodging badguy wagons and the attack chopper, flinging bullets backward at them from time to time.

Doing it fast and easy is just so boring.

kzebski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 kzebski
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

Lately I find myself abandoning most of the compulsive behaviors, such as uncovering every square inch of map in an ARPG. Now I find myself running through games without hesitating at major decisions or consulting FAQs. If there is a significantly difficult play-style available, such as hand gun specialization, stealth, etc. I go for that.

But mostly I just try to play recklessly, acting as a person would without the ability to quick-save and reload. It's just more fun that way for me now.